super cheap s550 brembo upgrade

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
i think you have the line installed wrong. the error is at the attachment to the caliper via the banjo bolt. it supposed to head INWARDS towards the caliper bolt before taking a 90 deg turn straight up. yours heads outwards i think. see pic
s-l1600.jpg

also i noticed you need to tap the pad retaining pins in until they are flush. yours are sticking out some
yes i took care of the retaining pins the same day..but regarding the orientation i just followed how it was on the old calipers. I'll take a look again. After reading few replies above, I'm starting to realize when car is back on ground some of the tension might be relieved.
20200329_143930.jpg
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
For those of you that have done this, what do you think of the pads? My previous car was a '15 PP and I loved the initial bite of the OE pads. I want that type of feel but I'm not in love with the $200+ price of the OE pads. What pads did you go with and what do they feel like?
I don't have experience with the stock PP pads because i went straight to Powerstop Z26 pads when doing this upgrade. The initial bite is missing but other than they're ok. My old 4-pistons weren't grabby as well so i don't notice a difference in the intial bite, however when i brake hard i can feel the difference compared to old setup

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I don't have experience with the stock PP pads because i went straight to Powerstop Z26 pads when doing this upgrade. The initial bite is missing but other than they're ok. My old 4-pistons weren't grabby as well so i don't notice a difference in the intial bite, however when i brake hard i can feel the difference compared to old setup
I got same pads.

I will admit the stock 4 pots and pads are pretty grabby to me. I just like the Brembo's and I got a killer deal on some 2-piece rotors.

OP
OP

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
yes i took care of the retaining pins the same day..but regarding the orientation i just followed how it was on the old calipers. I'll take a look again. After reading few replies above, I'm starting to realize when car is back on ground some of the tension might be relieved.
20200329_143930.jpg
this is definitely installed backwards

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
this is definitely installed backwards
Looking at it again.. He needs to flip the brake line over and that will bring it closer to the car.
Thanks guys, now i realize my mistake... damn :facepalm::facepalm: I've been driving like this for 2 weeks now, hope the brake lines aren't damanged...

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Pads......depends on how much dust you can stand and whether you will hate more frequent pad changes. EBC Red Stuff and Hawk Ferro Carbon work great but make a mess and don't last very long. OEM pads are a good compromise.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Nahh. It should be fine. If you have no leaks now. You won't have once to flip the line over.
I might do it for some peace of mind lol. Do i have to bleed all 4 sides again or just the front 2 is fine ?

Sponsored

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
if only a slight improvement over stock seems like you are not getting a true Brembo experience because
Brembos are night and day difference over stock/OEM junk

OP
OP

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
if only a slight improvement over stock seems like you are not getting a true Brembo experience because
Brembos are night and day difference over stock/OEM junk
mostly its an improvement in braking CAPACITY. that is, the brembos can brake hard all day without fading. in that regard it is a night and day difference. as far as braking one time, they are probably similar.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
mostly its an improvement in braking CAPACITY. that is, the brembos can brake hard all day without fading. in that regard it is a night and day difference. as far as braking one time, they are probably similar.
Even during one time braking events, if you brake very hard you can feel the difference. I think the Brembos have more stopping power

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I had a 15 PP before the getting the non PP I have now. There is a huge difference in feel. I believe the actual braking performance will be limited to the tires on either setup. I think the OEM PP pads are pretty aggressive and that is why they feel so great. I didn't want to pay the $200 on pads and deal with the noise and dust of the OEMs but I didn't want to go through the hassle of the change and end up with just slightly better performance and feel. I sucked it up and went with what I know I like and I recommend others at least try the OEM pads with a test drive or a friend's car

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I had a 15 PP before the getting the non PP I have now. There is a huge difference in feel. I believe the actual braking performance will be limited to the tires on either setup. I think the OEM PP pads are pretty aggressive and that is why they feel so great. I didn't want to pay the $200 on pads and deal with the noise and dust of the OEMs but I didn't want to go through the hassle of the change and end up with just slightly better performance and feel. I sucked it up and went with what I know I like and I recommend others at least try the OEM pads with a test drive or a friend's car
Any one need a complete new set pm me
Sponsored