2019 Adjustable Camber Plates - Cluster $$#%$@

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
So if anyone can officially confirm what the correct part# is for this kit I would greatly appreciate it.
Your VIN should have been on the box.
Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Like yours.....

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)

joekr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What you described is exactly why mine are sitting on my garage workbench and will likely will never be installed. I just don't have the patience for the dealership BS and I don't track my car so..

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
The drama continues. Emailed FP again over the weekend to describe what was going on. They once again confirmed the parts sent are correct and sent me another copy of the installation doc. Looks identical to the parts and install doc I had. I sent the email from FP to the dealer again. In a funny twist the technician replied to me thinking he was responding to FP. I won't bust the guy but a quote from him email:

"I have spent 4.5 hours removing and installing these plates making sure that they have been installed correctly as per instruction sheet SKKR3L-3D122_AA. But each time they have been installed the camber cannot be adjusted because the plate is locked up by the knurled part of the studs. At one point I used small washers between the plate and the adjusting plate. Only then was I able to adjust the camber. But this will change ride height and will cause NVH concerns down the road. "

Anyone else that has installed these seen the issue described by the tech?

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The drama continues. Emailed FP again over the weekend to describe what was going on. They once again confirmed the parts sent are correct and sent me another copy of the installation doc. Looks identical to the parts and install doc I had. I sent the email from FP to the dealer again. In a funny twist the technician replied to me thinking he was responding to FP. I won't bust the guy but a quote from him email:

"I have spent 4.5 hours removing and installing these plates making sure that they have been installed correctly as per instruction sheet SKKR3L-3D122_AA. But each time they have been installed the camber cannot be adjusted because the plate is locked up by the knurled part of the studs. At one point I used small washers between the plate and the adjusting plate. Only then was I able to adjust the camber. But this will change ride height and will cause NVH concerns down the road. "

Anyone else that has installed these seen the issue described by the tech?
Ok, looked at mine that I have not installed yet
The plate with the bearing resting on the knurled part of the stud is normal and part of the design that lock the strut in the camber setting that was chosen
What the tech don’t seems to understand or do is to unload completely the suspension and loosen the 3 nuts a few turns
Once the suspension is unloaded and therefore the strut do not push up on the strut tower, the strut can be moved by hand

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Ok, looked at mine that I have not installed yet
The plate with the bearing resting on the knurled part of the stud is normal and part of the design that lock the strut in the camber setting that was chosen
What the tech don’t seems to understand or do is to unload completely the suspension and loosen the 3 nuts a few turns
Once the suspension is unloaded and therefore the strut do not push up on the strut tower, the strut can be moved by hand
Thanks for the confirmation, that is what I was guessing the issue was but didn't want to call him out. Hopefully FP was able to explain that to him.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Thanks for the confirmation, that is what I was guessing the issue was but didn't want to call him out. Hopefully FP was able to explain that to him.
Kind of scary that a paid professional doesn’t understand how those plates work

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
He's doing what normal alignment guys do - he's doing it at static ride height with the suspension loaded on an alignment rack. No wonder it won't move.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
mines a 2016 GT350 should I have gotten one of these?

Sponsored

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I used a pair a Craftsman generic threaded rod spring compressors. The threads were too long and would hit the spring perch before I could compress the springs so I cut a couple lengths of square tubing to act as spacers. Simple, cheap, but effective.

20200401_160034-X5.jpg
This is going to be filed away (hope I don't forget) for my next strut/mount swap on a vehicle. Awesome ingenuity right there! Thank you for sharing.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I knew this would happen the minute I read the fine print on the package description "Dealer installed option' UGH
UGH
UGH

Only way this will be fixed is if FP hotline is inundated with complaints about this process, as it stands Ford is willing to piss off a few speciality car owners rather than re-configure manufacturing to include the said dang camber plates already ... if the FP staff complains enough up the pike I'm sure then it may become 'viable' to just install the stuff at the factory :)

I mean same process that made ford actually make a engine revision to the oil filters.. im sure theyre not making a huge profit on these cars but they pushed that change , but then again the car is also at EOL so ...

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
From the installation instructions.

25. Check and if necessary adjust front camber.
• Unload the suspension, loosen, but don't remove the three strut to body nuts. Then move the strut rod in the desired position.
• Torque nuts to 46 lb-ft (63 Nm).

2020 GT350-GT500 Adj Strut Mount Instructions - English.pdf

Attachments

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Camber plates, splitters, and Gurney flaps - complete heartburn for the GT350 buyer!

I would LOVE to hear from FP why the camber plates couldn't be installed at the factory and then aligned right there?

Instead, they have this goofy process where they ship the parts to the Parts Department with your VIN on the box and some counter guy is supposed to know what they're for?

CRAZY amounts of negative experience centered around improperly installed splitters and missing/uninstalled camber plates.

Or the new owner drives home without them, finds out about them on a forum, and then the selling dealership mails the parts like it's all good!

Hey! What about the installation and the realignment? I wonder how many people have paid $600-$800 out-of-pocket for something that was already paid for in the purchase price?

Simply awful customer experience.
Sponsored