Sponsored

Tag Heuer watches and mid level watches in general?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'm looking to get a watch as a gift and have heard that most jewelers will give a discount on Tag watches and many of the other mid level brands. Does anyone know if it's common to get or ask for a discount when buying a watch like this at a local jeweler (or would it be considered an insult) and if so what kind of discount can you expect? I've seen a few mentions of 25% being common, some people say 30%.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm looking to get a watch as a gift and have heard that most jewelers will give a discount on Tag watches and many of the other mid level brands. Does anyone know if it's common to get or ask for a discount when buying a watch like this at a local jeweler (or would it be considered an insult) and if so what kind of discount can you expect? I've seen a few mentions of 25% being common, some people say 30%.
You have heard correctly. The norms are usually around 15-20% but can go higher especially if you have a relationship with your jeweler. I got 25% on my Breitling and almost 30% on my Omega Seamaster. My only Tag was actually bought from a company owned outlet store at 25% off but I do not know if they have those anymore. Good luck.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have heard correctly. The norms are usually around 15-20% but can go higher especially if you have a relationship with your jeweler. I got 25% on my Breitling and almost 30% on my Omega Seamaster. My only Tag was actually bought from a company owned outlet store at 25% off but I do not know if they have those anymore. Good luck.
Great, Thank you! Maybe I can push for 30% if I buy two. haha

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Great, Thank you! Maybe I can push for 30% if I buy two. haha
That's no joke. Show some interest in something else in the store. Jewelry, diamonds, whatever. If they believe you will be a repeat customer, you might get what you want.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
https://www.jomashop.com/

I just bought my omega from them, awesome service and it was about 25% of retail.
Jomashop is considered to be one of the better "gray market" dealers. Nothing wrong with them as long as you understand that there is no factory warranty. Of course the likelihood something is going to go wrong is pretty slim.

Now I'm not sure how close you are to a large city but I'd be willing to bet you could go into an authorized dealer wearing your Jomashop Omega and cut a really good deal on a watch with the warranty. I've had friends do this and it works.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I was actually looking at Jomashop. I'll probably try a few local places first and if I can't get a good enough deal I'll get it from them. Right now the version I'm looking at is only 19% off on their site, I feel like I can probably do better than that locally, especially if I buy two of them (I hope).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I was actually looking at Jomashop. I'll probably try a few local places first and if I can't get a good enough deal I'll get it from them. Right now the version I'm looking at is only 19% off on their site, I feel like I can probably do better than that locally, especially if I buy two of them (I hope).
Things may have changed as this article is 13 years old. Rules change. That said, it never hurts to try. By the way which models are you looking for?

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/negotiating-watch-prices-in-retail-stores-the-25-off-rule/

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
This is a little late, but I’ve had great experiences with Jomashop and authenticwatches.com

Some people, including myself were skeptical on how these sites operate. Basically they buy overstocked watches from authorized boutiques that need to make room for new inventory. They do this by providing their own warranty.

Depending on the brand/model, sometimes you get a really good deal.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It’s common to see 25-40% off major brands during holiday season.

Went to a watch shop in St John and the Tag’s were 30% off and it was a normal day.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank's everyone. I'm looking to get one for my brother who's getting married, unfortunatly the wedding was rescheduled due to the shutdown, on the plus side it gives me more time to shop around. Thank's again for the help.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a little late, but I’ve had great experiences with Jomashop and authenticwatches.com

Some people, including myself were skeptical on how these sites operate. Basically they buy overstocked watches from authorized boutiques that need to make room for new inventory. They do this by providing their own warranty.

Depending on the brand/model, sometimes you get a really good deal.
Thank's. I've actually been looking at the Jomashop site for watches, right now they don't have that big of a discount on the watch I want, but if they up the discount I'll probably use them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Went to a watch shop in St John and the Tag’s were 30% off and it was a normal day.
Did you fly into St. John directly or did you go through St. Thomas? There can be some real deals since they are all duty free, but you really need to know your stuff.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thank's. I've actually been looking at the Jomashop site for watches, right now they don't have that big of a discount on the watch I want, but if they up the discount I'll probably use them.
Now is probably not the best time for a "grey" market dealer like Jomashop as they cannot get a lot of stock from authorized dealers. That said you might be able to get a better deal from an AD. I'm sure they can use the business. Maybe give Govberg in Phlly a call. You never know.
Sponsored