Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Hi all , so I've started a similar thread. I've never had a chance to drive a supercharged car . My 2017 mustang gt with 435hp or so is the quickest car I've been in . Pulls in 1st gear from a stop are very aggressive . Loud and violent. How I like it .

What I'm wondering is , with a supercharger and 650+ hp , how different is the power and speed from the stock s550 ? Is there a massive difference , just noticeable difference? Is it worth the money to go boosted? I've heard that 3 and 4th will feel as violent as a 1st gear pull In a stock car ?
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Hi all , so I've started a similar thread. I've never had a chance to drive a supercharged car . My 2017 mustang gt with 435hp or so is the quickest car I've been in . Pulls in 1st gear from a stop are very aggressive . Loud and violent. How I like it .

What I'm wondering is , with a supercharger and 650+ hp , how different is the power and speed from the stock s550 ? Is there a massive difference , just noticeable difference? Is it worth the money to go boosted? I've heard that 3 and 4th will feel as violent as a 1st gear pull In a stock car ?
Different boosted setups have different feels. Yes there is definitely a noticeable difference and worth the money is up to you but you can easily see the amount of people willing to spend the money to go with a forced induction setup. It is the best $:hp ratio that you can do.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Roush phase 1 kit on my 2017 GT... worth every freaking penny. It's by far one of the best mods you can do to this car. 670+ HP will make that 435HP feel slow, real quick... heh

A positive displacement supercharger (Roush, Whipple, Edelbrock) is the best way to go for the street IMO... Centrifugals (Prochargers, Vortech's) while engine driven, still need to be "spooled up", so you won't get that "throw you into the seat" feeling unless you are at higher RPM. There are torque booster setups that help with this, but they can be noisy. With a PD, you can just mash the pedal (within reason of course) and the power is there.

All I can say is, you probably won't be doing any more 1st gear pulls if you go with any sort of forced induction setup... unless it's on slicks. All 1st and 2nd will be good for is doing a nice big smoky rolling burnout :rockon:

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
If you have to ask, you are not ready.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
TVS superchargers will give a different feel than centrifugals. That said, build your suspension for what you want to do FIRST, then add the supercharger. That way, you don't end up on youtube as a Cars & Coffee superstar haha.

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
TVS superchargers will give a different feel than centrifugals. That said, build your suspension for what you want to do FIRST, then add the supercharger. That way, you don't end up on youtube as a Cars & Coffee superstar haha.

Best advice one could give... that's the route I took...

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Add 300 hp and of course it feels way faster.

Why is this even a question?

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine have a 2010 GT500 which is upgraded and make around 650 hp. He give me a ride that was the fastest think I ever have been in and I have driven a 2015 GT-R. That car is insane fast and I can imagine the S550 will be similar feel with a Supercharger in it. Is it worth the money I don't know for me I personally plan to stay NA but that GT500 made may car to feel like not going at all.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I always wondered about this, but I already would probably fail in my current setup since I have 19x9 A/S tires. I doubt having a supercharger will do well for a DD car with an A/S square set up, despite already having Steeda/FP suspension bits and lock out kit.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Supercharging your car will absolutely make you smile every time you press that gas lol.
You need to start looking for some drag radials and a couple of small suspension upgrades. Worth having those imo.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

This should give you a pretty good idea.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks everyone for the responses. Now I keep hearing alot more people supercharging over adding a turbo or twin turbos . What would you guys say
Sponsored