Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
That's definitely cheap gas. Makes me not mind my 11 mpg too bad; although it's $1.63 a gallon here at Costco.
I get around 14-15 but i see you have a blower so 11 mpg isn't bad !
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Looks like you like mashing on the gas pedal also. :)
I've gotten anywhere from 12-25 mpg. mashing on the pedal i see around 12 mpg, if i drive decently with occasional pulls i get 14ish, driving like a grandpa i get 17-18 lol. On the highways highest i've seen is 24 or 25

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I see more and more people buying those Firestone tires. They must be pretty good.
Yeah they are probably the best budget friendly tire that offers strong performance and good wear. I haven’t pushed them yet on the front but I’ve had a set on the rear for 10k to replace the Perelli’s and there’s a huge improvement in grip with these tires, dry and wet. Whereas I only got 10k mileage out of the Perelli’s, these are at 10k and look to have another 10k to go and that’s without any rotation.

The 255’s were $166/tire and I believe I paid about $180 per tire for the rear (275). I’ll continue to put them on the car.. I’m sold on them. The other comparable tires price wise are Toyo Proxes, Hankook, General.. all good choices I’m sure. I had the Proxes on my Focus ST and they offered good grip but terrible wear.

With gas being so cheap, i'm finding more excuses to drive nowadays...
20200416_183030.jpg
20200418_194231.jpg
!!! What !!!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm with you on that. 11 is my average every day driving. On the highway, I can get up in the very low 20's but those dang left lane cruisers tend to cause me to put my foot in it to get around them. Don't get me wrong, I would never brag about how little gas mileage I get. It's a well known fact that a blower alone doesn't necessarily reduce the gas mileage...it's making that blower do it's job that drops the gas mileage :)

I've gotten anywhere from 12-25 mpg. mashing on the pedal i see around 12 mpg, if i drive decently with occasional pulls i get 14ish, driving like a grandpa i get 17-18 lol. On the highways highest i've seen is 24 or 25

Sponsored

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
summit racing came through with the quick shipping.. i thought i'd have 2 things to install today, dual horn and catch can.. but, tasca couldnt get my horn shipped out.. evidently on backorder and it'll take 3-5 days for them to get it, then they'll ship it out.. should have just drove an hour to a dealer further south, they had them in stock, and wouldnt have had to pay shipping. oh well!

i did get the catch can, took about 10-15 minutes to install, i think it took longer to get that damn engine cover off than to install the catch can, lol
MVIMG_20200418_200731.jpg
I must be an idiot. I couldn't get the bolt out of the head for the life of me to install the stud. Any advice? (I'm usually not a moron lol)

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
I must be an idiot. I couldn't get the bolt out of the head for the life of me to install the stud. Any advice? (I'm usually not a moron lol)
it took me a minute to figure out also.. i just kept turning it thinking to myself.. it should have come out by now... what i did was ended up sticking a flat head screwdriver in there, sideways, and prying up, from under the bolt head. the bolt is threaded into a sleeve, and wont come out of the sleeve. once the bolt is unscrewed all the way, the whole sleeve and bolt will come out together.

if you take a look at the ford performance instructions (https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-6766-A50A.PDF) in step 2, the first picture, they kind of hint at what needs to be done.. the tips of the needle nose pliers are placed underneath the bolt head, and then the handle is pressed down toward the engine, prying the bolt and sleeve out of its hole.

this is a pic of the bolt and sleeve removed, it resembles the stud and sleeve you'll replace it with.
MVIMG_20200419_213116.jpg

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Installed MMD hood struts which took all of 20 minutes. Then fought with getting the hood aligned for the next 2 hours before giving up and retreating back to the air conditioning.
No joke. It was brutal out today. I fought a radiator install in my Jeep yesterday and had to take a hiatus around 1:30pm to not get heat exhaustion.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Put the raceseng slammer shift knob on
AF434204-A397-4F99-8D0A-F740072CCFD1.jpeg
This got my attention... were you able to order that knob to fit your reverse lockout? The Raceseng website always shows their shift knobs with their reverse adapter, and add it to the cost. I have a Barton adapter and prefer its looks. I’ve looked high and low for a weighted knob to fit a stock or stock-ish adapter.

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
it took me a minute to figure out also.. i just kept turning it thinking to myself.. it should have come out by now... what i did was ended up sticking a flat head screwdriver in there, sideways, and prying up, from under the bolt head. the bolt is threaded into a sleeve, and wont come out of the sleeve. once the bolt is unscrewed all the way, the whole sleeve and bolt will come out together.

if you take a look at the ford performance instructions (https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-6766-A50A.PDF) in step 2, the first picture, they kind of hint at what needs to be done.. the tips of the needle nose pliers are placed underneath the bolt head, and then the handle is pressed down toward the engine, prying the bolt and sleeve out of its hole.

this is a pic of the bolt and sleeve removed, it resembles the stud and sleeve you'll replace it with.
MVIMG_20200419_213116.jpg

I went through this exact same thing when I installed mine, last year Jan 2019. I was like, wtf lol. The most unexpected thing.
Also, your unit is different from mine, slightly - it might have been due to me getting the initial batch when they started making them for the 18+ 5.0 - for my hose fittings, the collars are grey, not blue. Also, I didn't get any Ford performance decals in the box lol! Ordered from AmericanMuscle.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
I went through this exact same thing when I installed mine, last year Jan 2019. I was like, wtf lol. The most unexpected thing.
Also, your unit is different from mine, slightly - it might have been due to me getting the initial batch when they started making them for the 18+ 5.0 - for my hose fittings, the collars are grey, not blue. Also, I didn't get any Ford performance decals in the box lol! Ordered from AmericanMuscle.
looks like you ordered M-6766-A50. what i got was the M-6766-A50A.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A50
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A50A

according to https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/installed-ford-performance-oil-separator-catch-can.139603/ it is an upgraded design (im not familiar with the *-A50 part). on the *-A50A the oil separator can be lifted off the mount to be emptied from the bottom spout. it literally just slides on the lip of the bracket and is held by friction and gravity. i guess the rigidity of the hoses helps keep it in place also.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
looks like you ordered M-6766-A50. what i got was the M-6766-A50A.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A50
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A50A

according to https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/installed-ford-performance-oil-separator-catch-can.139603/ it is an upgraded design (im not familiar with the *-A50 part). on the *-A50A the oil separator can be lifted off the mount to be emptied from the bottom spout. it literally just slides on the lip of the bracket and is held by friction and gravity. i guess the rigidity of the hoses helps keep it in place also.
No, actually, I have the A50A part, exact same as yours, except for the differences I noted.
Reason why I know this is because I had a 2017 GT before I got my 2019 GT PP2.
I had the A50 on my 2017, and I confirmed it does not fit on my 2019.
The A50 fits all GT350 5.2 and the Coyote 5.0 2011-2017.
The A50A is a slightly different design that accounts for differences in measurements of the cylinder head, for the 18+ 5.0 460hp Coyotes.

I know, confusing af!!

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
No, actually, I have the A50A part, exact same as yours, except for the differences I noted.
Reason why I know this is because I had a 2017 GT before I got my 2019 GT PP2.
I had the A50 on my 2017, and I confirmed it does not fit on my 2019.
The A50 fits all GT350 5.2 and the Coyote 5.0 2011-2017.
The A50A is a slightly different design that accounts for differences in measurements of the cylinder head, for the 18+ 5.0 460hp Coyotes.

I know, confusing af!!
wow, that does make it confusing.. you mentioned the grey hose ends, and that other post mentioned a redesign.. my bad :)

the mount was a tight fit, glad it flexed just a bit. its pretty cramped in there and can be difficult to get things twisted and positioned properly.. gonna be fun with the new horn, so ive read anyway

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
wow, that does make it confusing.. you mentioned the grey hose ends, and that other post mentioned a redesign.. my bad :)

the mount was a tight fit, glad it flexed just a bit. its pretty cramped in there and can be difficult to get things twisted and positioned properly.. gonna be fun with the new horn, so ive read anyway
Np man!!
I was thinking the same about the hoses - I was afraid of cracking them or something, because Ford for some reason uses these shrunk-on hose-end fittings, and the hoses in general seem brittle, but they really aren't.

Let us know how the horn goes! I'm going to order the dual-tone horn soon myself, and trying to maneuver hands in there, like you said, is gonna be real interesting.
Sponsored