Sponsored

Base to PP1 front splitter swap

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's minor, but the PP1 front bumper splitter protrudes a bit more than the base/non-PP cars. I wanted to make the swap to the PP splitter and was wondering if it's going to require anything more than the splitter (PN JR3Z-17D957-BA). Has anyone here done this swap themselves?
Sponsored

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
In theory, the bumper cover is the same so it should work. I know the belly pan is different on the PP1 than non-PP. So you would need a new belly pan and hardware. CJ pony sells it as a kit, it's pricy for a piece of plastic.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
And the fender liners are a bit different. I guess you can cut them yourself and drill the missing hole.

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds messy. I was hoping it was an easy swap. I might have to go aftermarket if I can find one that doesn't look so crazy. All the ones I've seen so far are meant for the extreme look. I just want the factory style but with about an inch or two added on. Any recommendations for a mild splitter?

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I like the RTR splitter but it to requires the PP belly pan. I don't believe alot of options exist for the non-PP Mustangs for simple swaps. I believe I read where the CS ( California Special ) splitter works with the non PP belly pan thou and it's Abit larger then the PP