Sponsored

New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This was why I ordered & finally installed, this weekend @160mi, the drivers side as well (skip to 5 minutes in street driven car in 3 months accumulation on drivers side - YMMV):
Thanks for this video. I'll be grabbing these for sure... Picking up my new 19MY next week. It's been at the dealer waiting on some warranty parts so I haven't taken delivery yet. Anyway all wrapped up now and she's looking sharp.

Question, what air filter are you using?
Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Touching base with my fellow 2019 owners to report this milestone:

IMG_4854.jpg

And still not burning any oil! Really running like a champ, actually!
How long have you been driving to get to 10k Mike's? Good to hear there are no issues with the engine.
I have had my 19 for 3 months and they have been winter months, so we only have 450 miles. No oil loss through the early break in period. Engine runs and sounds fantastic. I'm pretty sure my 19 has more oil pressure than my 17 had.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
How long have you been driving to get to 10k Mike's? Good to hear there are no issues with the engine.
I have had my 19 for 3 months and they have been winter months, so we only have 450 miles. No oil loss through the early break in period. Engine runs and sounds fantastic. I'm pretty sure my 19 has more oil pressure than my 17 had.
I took delivery on 07/26/2019 - she's my daily!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I took delivery in late August of '19... and this is NOT my daily driver.
This car does NOT even see rain, and we had the wettest either February or March on record.
Yet I still managed to rack up this many miles, this quickly!
HOW?
If Ford's fault, not mine...!!!!
Try as I may, I can not drive directly to where I am wanting to go.
The exhaust, the exhaust, the exhaust... and that's just the beginning, but it is the most addictive part of this rolling meth lab.
Myself and most of my neighbors will walk to the nearby grocery store for exercise. I decided today that I had to drive since the weather was so nice.
105 miles later I finally pull into the parking lot of where I could have walked to in about eight minutes.
I will never try meth or crack, but this has got to be what it is like... this damn car!
I love it!

upload_2020-4-18_20-40-32.png

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I took delivery in late August of '19... and this is NOT my daily driver.
This car does NOT even see rain, and we had the wettest either February or March on record.
Yet I still managed to rack up this many miles, this quickly!
HOW?
If Ford's fault, not mine...!!!!
Try as I may, I can not drive directly to where I am wanting to go.
The exhaust, the exhaust, the exhaust... and that's just the beginning, but it is the most addictive part of this rolling meth lab.
Myself and most of my neighbors will walk to the nearby grocery store for exercise. I decided today that I had to drive since the weather was so nice.
105 miles later I finally pull into the parking lot of where I could have walked to in about eight minutes.
I will never try meth or crack, but this has got to be what it is like... this damn car!
I love it!

upload_2020-4-18_20-40-32.png

I see you have a Cayman. Like one over the other?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Cayman vs. Shelby question huh?

Great question Andy.

I have put less than 1000 miles on the Cayman 718. since I picked up the Shelby... While I put 9000 miles on the Shelby.
The 718 handles better, the 718 is quicker 0-60, and the 718 build quality is exceptional. The 718 has the Porsche PDK.
The PDK gets this car from 0 - 60 in 3.9 seconds.
The ability to flick the 718 into corners with no effort, as compared to the Shelby... The two are not really on the same level.
Performance wise, the cars are close, but engineering and quality wise, the Shelby loses.

I don't enjoy the 718 as much as I enjoy the Shelby due to the exhaust note and the manual tranny of the 350.
If I would have pulled the trigger on the GT4 Cayman with a manual, I may have never bought the Shelby.

The Shelby delivers the sound and feel I need, as well as the seat-o-the-pants meter thrill needed.
Driving them back to back, you reaize that that the Porsche handling is superior to the Shelby... this is not an opinion.

if I had to sell one and only have one car, which one would I have?

Easy choice.........................

Shelby!
Sponsored