2020 GT350R For Sale At MSRP

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Saw this one listed for sale today in one of the 350 facebook groups...
Screenshot_20200416-174911_Facebook.jpg
Already talked to the guy. He is selling it to get a carbon fiber track pack GT500.
A friend of mine who also has a base R turned me onto it.
It does not have the carbon fiber wheels so that is a little disappointing.
Also almost all the miles are track miles.
However it is a very rare car.
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
2020 R @ MSRP isn't bad, but there are deals to be had on 19s.. I got my 19 R for 4700 under sticker...

Dealerships are freaking hungry for business and there are 22 million folks currently unemployed. If you have the means, the timing couldn't be better to find a deal!
IMO 22 million people that unemployed weren't looking to purchase this kind of cars in the first place.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
2020 R @ MSRP isn't bad, but there are deals to be had on 19s.. I got my 19 R for 4700 under sticker...

Dealerships are freaking hungry for business and there are 22 million folks currently unemployed. If you have the means, the timing couldn't be better to find a deal!
Me too.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
1500 miles and it needs new pads and rotors?

Sponsored

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Here is a new 2019 GT350R Magnetic Grey with stripes. Going for under MSRP, in California no less. I believe it still there, it was as of last weekend when a friend (who works at the dealership) called me to convince me to upgrade from my GT.

https://www.frontierford.com/new/Fo...0a0e0adf1cf41f76a7163e07.htm?searchDepth=1:40
No doubt a good price but the color combination is what is holding this car back from selling.

Just my opinion but I have seen a number of R's in Magnetic Gray/Black stripes over the years and that color combination does absolutely nothing for me and if anyone is going to spend ~$70,000 for an R model it best be the color and stripe choice that one wants otherwise this car should have sold long ago.

Put the 2020 Ford Performance Blue with Black stripe R model right beside this 2019 R and it is not hard to figure out which car is much more desirable and not even close.

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
Saw this one listed for sale today in one of the 350 facebook groups...
Screenshot_20200416-174911_Facebook.jpg
I remember seeing it listed for months at $55k last fall before he bought it so I’m assuming he paid even less than that for it. I can’t remember if it came with the CF or not. It’s a great color but I would assume it has limited appeal with no AC, no radio and no CF wheels.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
IMO 22 million people that unemployed weren't looking to purchase this kind of cars in the first place.
True, but GT350s are not are not what put dinner on the dealers' tables either. If sales have dropped on their mainstays (SUVs, trucks, etc) then there is increased pressure to move whatever they can.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I respect your opinion but disagree.
If you own a business and had to lay off your employees and don’t even know you will be able to come back, you’re in a situation that is questionable at best.
During “normal” times, you would be the ones buying GT350’s.
I have a small business with one employee, me. Will I recover from this? I don’t know. I was getting ready to retire before the Covid-19 outbreak. Selling my business was going to give me retirement with a bit more income. Now, I couldn’t give it away.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Considering all factors, competition, performance per dollar and depreciation etc, I think 80k plus OTD for a 2020 GT350R is nuts. The MSRP bump is Ford trying to get more out of it profit wise instead of the dealer ADM etc. Get a regular GT350 (or lightly used one) under MSRP than get an MGW shifter, decent aftermarket wheels and some suspension mods and you’ll still have money leftover. Plus a better car IMO in the end with an extra tire/wheel set.

But, these are emotional purchases and if one has to have a new R, I do get that side as well.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Anybody see this in the description of that magnetic R

Dealer Notes
Check out this 2019!

An affordable compact seating as many as 4 occupants with ease! The following features are included: high intensity discharge headlights, power door mirrors and heated door mirrors, and a blind spot monitoring system. Ford made sure to keep road-handling and sportiness at the top of it's priority list. It features a standard transmission, rear-wheel drive, and a powerful 8 cylinder engine.

We pride ourselves in consistently exceeding our customer's expectations. Please don't hesitate to give us a call.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Considering all factors, competition, performance per dollar and depreciation etc, I think 80k plus OTD for a 2020 GT350R is nuts. The MSRP bump is Ford trying to get more out of it profit wise instead of the dealer ADM etc. Get a regular GT350 (or lightly used one) under MSRP than get an MGW shifter, decent aftermarket wheels and some suspension mods and you’ll still have money leftover. Plus a better car IMO in the end with an extra tire/wheel set.

But, these are emotional purchases and if one has to have a new R, I do get that side as well.
For you to suggest that purchasing a new GT350 and then going out an installing an MGW shifter, aftermarket wheels and then installing some suspension mods after which time would result in a better overall car than a 2020 R model then obviously you are on a different mind set than myself and all of my car buddies who presently own an R model and looking to purchase a 2020 R.

Even after installing some of those mods (which will be costly if done right) and does not include the all important tire factor you still have a modified GT350 that many enthusiasts will not touch because of personal their taste let alone the warranty issue of lack thereof that comes into play.

I learned a very long time ago that once a good or great car is modified the value and desirability drops off dramatically unless someone has no intention of ever selling that said vehicle.

Without question the 2020 GT350 R is the most refined GT350 to date which includes a new steering rack inherited from the launch of the 2020 GT500 and to suggest that providing some mods on a regular GT350 will result in a better car than the 2020 R model is simply hard to comprehend.

OTD pricing has no bearing as to the final purchasing price for our 2020 GT350 R's as every State has a different approach to taxes/fees.

I remember paying just $300 sales tax total for my 2015 GT350 Track Package car when living back East therefore the purchase price in relation to MSRP is the most important factor when making a decision on one of these great cars.

In the case of 2020 R pricing the purchase price for my car is $76,890 and despite you thinking that I am "Nuts" for spending that kind of money on this car I am more than happy with what I am getting for that purchase price especially when taking into consideration that this will be the very last production year for the R model since 2015 with the bonus being able to order this car in the iconic colors of Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue side and OTT stripes that I grew up with back in the day therefore it doesn't get any better than that at least for me.

:)

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500

the mgw has nothing to do with it the R is actually a different car. Decent Wheels and tires - $5-7,000, suspension, $1,000 with labor. Then you’re not taking into account the front splitter and rear wing downforce differences, and how the cars magnaride/abs is tuned to that system along with its wheel and tire combo......its not as simple as you say.

theres a forum member who interviewed a ford engineer for Hot Rod on here that stated in lamens terms....a GT power pack 2 is like an f1 car on hard tires, a gt350 is an f1 on medium, and a 350r is an f1 car on soft tires.

if i had the money id absolutely get an 2020 R in addition to my 19 350.
Sponsored