Sponsored

MGW Shifter Install!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ugh I can not get this damn rubber boot to seat over the bottom of the shifter. Any advise?
If you can't get it to stretch over the shifter, you just have to pull harder. It'll go, you just have to really pull hard.

Or is the problem that it's jammed against the top of the tunnel cutout?
Sponsored

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you can't get it to stretch over the shifter, you just have to pull harder. It'll go, you just have to really pull hard.

Or is the problem that it's jammed against the top of the tunnel cutout?
Haha I’ve spent like an hour trying, got it to what I believed all in and did the second layer. Went under the car to verify and of course one corner is slightly off. So I gotta keep trying

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Haha I’ve spent like an hour trying, got it to what I believed all in and did the second layer. Went under the car to verify and of course one corner is slightly off. So I gotta keep trying
Alright got it!! Def the hardest part of the install... which sounds funny to say.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Alright got it!! Def the hardest part of the install... which sounds funny to say.
See? Piece of cake. Did you adjust the shifter lateral location first? That's the setscrew that lines up the 1 - 2 shift. If not, you'll have to take it off again... ;-) It'll go back on easier the second time, and the third time is positively a breeze.

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
See? Piece of cake. Did you adjust the shifter lateral location first? That's the setscrew that lines up the 1 - 2 shift. If not, you'll have to take it off again... ;-) It'll go back on easier the second time, and the third time is positively a breeze.
Haha yea I tightened the nut to be safe but it was set dead on from MGW
Sponsored