I blew up my FBO Coyote!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I'll never understand how an NA motor blows up but mine has taken 850+whp for 2 years. They built yours late on a Friday, I guess lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Following for the engine build. Got a P1X on mine with boundary OPG and crank sprocket but I would like to toughen mine up more too. With the rev high style driving I think youd like a centri blower
If I went boost, this would definitely be the way I'd want to go for that reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Damn that sucks man, sorry to hear. Should be in good hands with PSK, I have heard a lot of good things about them from the German/Import guys.
My tech Nima is an all star there. No local mustang shops here in Pittsburgh that I know of but they take care of me there.

OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Haha let me know if you find another motor.. going to start working on my car

I lost 3 cylinders w/ broken rings last summer. Haven't touched the car since.
Ended up getting a Raptor and have been driving that since I put the mustang away but now's the time to get it going lol

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
-Switch to the 2018 Gen 3 fuel system with port and direct injection, so you can go to 12:1 compression ratio like the Gen 3 Coyote engine.
-Port/polished Gen 3 Coyote heads (not sure what you have but Gen 2 heads don't flow as much as Gen 3). There are different stages available, generally, higher stage reduces drivability but esp. as you hit stage 3 or 3R level. A good compromise would be a Stage 2 job.
-Comp Cams Stage 2 NSR cam
-Cobra Jet manif (since you love to rev)
-Make sure your valve springs are designed for the high engine speeds

Obviously, the above are in addition to a full LT headers + aftermarket exhaust

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
-Switch to the 2018 Gen 3 fuel system with port and direct injection, so you can go to 12:1 compression ratio like the Gen 3 Coyote engine.
-Port/polished Gen 3 Coyote heads (not sure what you have but Gen 2 heads don't flow as much as Gen 3). There are different stages available, generally, higher stage reduces drivability but esp. as you hit stage 3 or 3R level. A good compromise would be a Stage 2 job.

All this to make 500-520whp? What's the point?

OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
To be honest, that 500+ whp all motor set up sounds more exciting to me than a basic boost set up even if it’s slower

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
To be honest, that 500+ whp all motor set up sounds more exciting to me than a basic boost set up even if it’s slower
I can't fathom why you'd think a slower car would be more exciting, but it looks like you're drinking the all-motor Koolaid so to each their own.

OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I can't fathom why you'd think a slower car would be more exciting, but it looks like you're drinking the all-motor Koolaid so to each their own.
I realize that’s so counter culture here to not have a hard on for boost, but just a personal preference fam. Been and and driven boosted cars (whipple/roush) and they’re a blast. But I really just prefer the sharpness And drivability of the all motor set up. The 450whp I was running before felt perfect for the street, the Goldilocks amount of horsepower. It’s not like I’m in Florida or Texas where it’s just flat, straight, and wide open highway everywhere, if I was sure give me all the power. I’m trying to turn this thing into an all arounder well balanced drivers car and I want a motor that feels and sounds like a bad ass trans am car

the best car I’ve ever driven was a modified n/a e92 m3. That car was down atleast 100whp on my mustang but there wasn’t a single moment beating the piss out of that M on back roads where I was like damn this should have 700 horsepower

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase

Is that even possible? How would you control the DI side of things without swapping to a G3 control pack, which only adds to the issues.

You can run the 12:1 compression on a Gen 2, just use E85 and it will be fine.

At the end of the day you would be better suited to drop a junkyard motor in it, pull off the mods and trade it in on a 19/20 and go all motor from there.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
500 rwhp is low with a Stage 3 heads and cams setup. There are stock heads/cam Gen 3 coyotes that are making 500 rhwp with an E85 tune and bolt ons. Try closer to 600 rwhp on pump gas, even higher with E85.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Is that even possible? How would you control the DI side of things without swapping to a G3 control pack, which only adds to the issues.

You can run the 12:1 compression on a Gen 2, just use E85 and it will be fine.

At the end of the day you would be better suited to drop a junkyard motor in it, pull off the mods and trade it in on a 19/20 and go all motor from there.
I figure he'd have to change to the Gen 3 control pack to go the dual fuel route.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I would rather have a 575 rwhp NA setup than a 650 rwhp boosted setup. To each their own. Most people here drink the boosted setup Koolaid, honestly.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I would rather have a 575 rwhp NA setup than a 650 rwhp boosted setup. To each their own. Most people here drink the boosted setup Koolaid, honestly.
I am from generally the same area as OP, so I can relate to his comments about curvy roads and few flat straights. I badass NA setup with a MANUAL transmission is a hoot. For me personally though, I would rather drop same or less coin on a boosted setup that makes similar power. Like you said, to each their own. If a person just wants to be fast, go boosted and auto. For me though any auto is flat out boring.
Sponsored