Sponsored

New Owner

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Early impressions:
-This is the best sounding engine I've ever owned. And I've owned Hellcats and GT500's.
-Clutch feel is perfect.
-The rev match feature is much too aggressive. 25mph downshifting brings a roar from the engine. Disabled it immediately
-Paint is very good quality
-Shifter is smooth and precise
-My backup camera doesn't work. I get a grainy picture then it goes black. Dealership handling next week.
- I absolutely love the Recaros
Overall I'm satisfied with the fit, feel and drivability of this car.
Your first bullet is the reason why the 19-20 Bullitt will be sought after for some time. Welcome to the obsession! As for the rev match, it is more so that you don't forget about bullet #1 than actually being helpful :rockon:.
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
OP, If you go forced induction, the exhaust sound is unbelieveable. No need for X pipe or headers. With just the stage 1 Whipple, rest stock, my Bullitt makes 650 RWHP at 7,500 SAE. The exhaust sound changes wonderfully. Deeper, more powerful. And, in quiet mode the car is actually quieter than it was without the blower. Lots of popping, etc. in normal. Very cool.
Regardless, just a fantastic ride. FYI my son was stationed in Djibouti when he was in the Marines. Thanks for your service!

OP
OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
OP, If you go forced induction, the exhaust sound is unbelieveable. No need for X pipe or headers. With just the stage 1 Whipple, rest stock, my Bullitt makes 650 RWHP at 7,500 SAE. The exhaust sound changes wonderfully. Deeper, more powerful. And, in quiet mode the car is actually quieter than it was without the blower. Lots of popping, etc. in normal. Very cool.
Regardless, just a fantastic ride. FYI my son was stationed in Djibouti when he was in the Marines. Thanks for your service!
Thank you! I think all break her in and run around N/A for a while. Whipple is a great blower though. Back in the day the 2.9 Whipple was the upgrade for the GT500. One question did you have to upgrade your clutch/drivetrain for all that power? God bless your son mine is in the National Guard.

Last edited:

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Early impressions:
-This is the best sounding engine I've ever owned. And I've owned Hellcats and GT500's.
-Clutch feel is perfect.
-The rev match feature is much too aggressive. 25mph downshifting brings a roar from the engine. Disabled it immediately
-Paint is very good quality
-Shifter is smooth and precise
-My backup camera doesn't work. I get a grainy picture then it goes black. Dealership handling next week.
- I absolutely love the Recaros
Overall I'm satisfied with the fit, feel and drivability of this car.
Wait till you get a chance to drive it on a road trip with twisties....nice handling car. Plenty fast. All i have done is install an h pipe where the front resonator is. Amazing sound! Enjoy!

OP
OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Wait till you get a chance to drive it on a road trip with twisties....nice handling car. Plenty fast. All i have done is install an h pipe where the front resonator is. Amazing sound! Enjoy!
Does the car come stock with an X pipe?

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Does the car come stock with an X pipe?
No...it has a resonator....think extra muffler. Straight through muffler. No loss real loss in performance. Might gain a couple of pony with a h or x pipe..but the sound is incredable. American muscle has a great video of h pipe vs x pipe
I went with a h pipe...deeper sound. X pipe is good but more raspy

Last edited:

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
No...it has a resonator....think extra muffler. Straight through muffler. No loss real loss in performance. Might gain a couple of ponys...but the sound is incredable. American muscle has a great video of h pipe vs x pipe
20200415_175808.jpg

OP
OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
No...it has a resonator....think extra muffler. Straight through muffler. No loss real loss in performance. Might gain a couple of ponys...but the sound is incredable. American muscle has a great video of h pipe vs x pipe
Yeah I went with an H pipe in my old charger. I'm surprised the bullit doesn't have some kind of crossover so it's a true dual setup then.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Yeah I went with an H pipe in my old charger. I'm surprised the bullit doesn't have some kind of crossover so it's a true dual setup then.
It is about having a car that can meet all world standards.
I had a 15 gt with an x pipe and borla touring mufflers. Sound very nice....not as good as the bullitt. Ford hit a home run with the active exhaust
The bullitt sounds like it is different than the gt s . More noise....crackle...pop. Best sounding exhaust i have had on a car.
And thank you for your service. My Pops was 30 yrs Army. Ww2...korea...
Mil adviser to the Sha in iran...Nam

Sponsored
OP
OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
It is about having a car that can meet all world standards.
I had a 15 gt with an x pipe and borla touring mufflers. Sound very nice....not as good as the bullitt. Ford hit a home run with the active exhaust
The bullitt sounds like it is different than the gt s . More noise....crackle...pop. Best sounding exhaust i have had on a car.
And thank you for your service. My Pops was 30 yrs Army. Ww2...korea...
Mil adviser to the Sha in iran...Nam
Thanks. Yea I think the sound is perfect. On my Mopars H sounded much better than X.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Thanks. Yea I think the sound is perfect. On my Mopars H sounded much better than X.
It is a deeper sound...muscle...not raspy. I have 3500 mi on my Bullitt in less than a yr. Very happy with the car....damn loud exhaust. All fun driving....weekends.
Kind of tells you how nice the car is.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Mat does a solid review of one:
Sponsored