Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
For people who need to be on the roads, making sure your tires are properly inflated will not only save you money at the pump, allow the tires to perform properly in the rain, but will also aid in proper wear.
  • Fuel Efficiency - For every 1 PSI drop in tire pressure the US Department of Energy estimates a loss of .4% in fuel efficiency. Although this may not seem like much, over time it can add up.

• Wet Performance – When a tire is under inflated the contact patch won't be evenly distributed on the road surface. This restricts the treads ability to displace water properly and can cause hydroplaning.

• Wear – Improper tire inflation can cause irregular treadwear and potentially damage, resulting in reduced life and early replacement.

Want to learn more? Follow the link below to discover tire pressure related topics and how inflation pressure can change under different environments.

EDUtire-pressure_tire-pressure_hero.jpg

How can Discount Tire help?

We want to make sure your tires are safe! In that spirit we offer FREE air checks and tire inspections. This can all be done while you remain comfortably in your vehicle. Right now, most of our store locations are open, and we have taken extra precautions to keep you and our staff safe.

If you are unable to make it down to a store, please feel free to reach out to us through Private Message if you have any questions - we're here to help!
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I have a compressor at home so I don't have to deal with those janky pumps at gas stations anymore. Prior to that, it seemed as if there was almost always someone using it when I arrived and it took them forever to GTFO.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm pretty sure everyone here has more tire pressure gauges than they know what to do with.
It's just marketing. Businesses are just trying to stay alive through all this.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol. There is no escape to sanity because everything is insane right now.
But, hey, if you happen to find it please let me know. Thanks buddy.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So glad I have a compressor at home so I don't have to deal with those janky pumps at gas stations anymore. Prior to that, it seemed as if there was almost always someone using it when I arrived and it took them forever to GTFO.
Every time I went 50% of the time the air pump is broken.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even when they do work, my experience is that they are slooooooowww. Hampster wheel compressor.
And leak like a teenager after a 6 pack. Growing up in LI, I know nothing of that of course. Not even at Jones Beach. Well, maybe Jones beach.

Last edited:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
It's nice having a compressor. Even one of those compact cheap ones from Walmart or something, is better than trying to find a gas station with a pump that is operational.
Sponsored