Sponsored

Longtime GT driver test drives GT 350

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think both the GT and GT350 are great. At one time I was bored with GTs and I bought a GT350. I owned it for 3.5 years and 33,000 miles. IMO the GT350 is the best car I've ever driven.

But this time around I decided to buy another Mustang GT. Still a great car. Still lots of fun. Left me a lot of extra money for other priorities. After owning a C5 Z06 for the last 10 months or so, I'm glad to be back in a Mustang. It's good to have some variety and try different things, but there's no denying how fun Mustangs are to drive.

OP
OP
JM7225

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I think both the GT and GT350 are great. At one time I was bored with GTs and I bought a GT350. I owned it for 3.5 years and 33,000 miles. IMO the GT350 is the best car I've ever driven.

But this time around I decided to buy another Mustang GT. Still a great car. Still lots of fun. Left me a lot of extra money for other priorities. After owning a C5 Z06 for the last 10 months or so, I'm glad to be back in a Mustang. It's good to have some variety and try different things, but there's no denying how fun Mustangs are to drive.
No doubt and well said. I'm glad I've owned different cars in my life. Over time I'm sure I will own different ones and enjoy them too. Someday I'd like to own a C8 Corvette, but right now the GT 350 is the way to go.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I am personally intrigued by the C8 ZO6 with the 5.5 n/a FPC. Can't wait to see how GM does it with a larger displacement engine. Most FPC engines are smaller displacement with the Voodoo being, I believe, one of the largest, if not the largest FPC engine application to date.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am personally intrigued by the C8 ZO6 with the 5.5 n/a FPC. Can't wait to see how GM does it with a larger displacement engine. Most FPC engines are smaller displacement with the Voodoo being, I believe, one of the largest, if not the largest FPC engine application to date.
It's too bad Chevy couldn't do a V12 or at least a V10 for a more truly exotic experience and sound, but I'm very interested to find out how their big FPC V8 works. Hopefully it won't be another LS7. I'm also really rooting for them to add a manual transmission to the C8 very soon. There are a number of other mid engine cars with manual transmissions and some of them are setup with the shift cables passing on top of the tunnel rather than through it, so I don't buy the excuse that an opening can't be made in the central tunnel for structural reasons.

Sponsored

HowlinHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 2016 Mustang GT CS - traded in for GT350
Had a '16 GT PP now a '19 350. Loved the GT, great comfort, tech and power. 350 has all the same but the drivetrain is unreal, well worth the upgrade. I likely won't track it and it is still worth the $$.
I had a 2016 GT/CS that I loved. I am daily driving a 2018 GT350 I bought a couple of months back used (3800 miles on it then) and I am loving it. Amazing car. I might be "killing" the value by daily driving it, but I'm getting my money's worth in my mind. :)

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
It's too bad Chevy couldn't do a V12 or at least a V10 for a more truly exotic experience and sound, but I'm very interested to find out how their big FPC V8 works. Hopefully it won't be another LS7. I'm also really rooting for them to add a manual transmission to the C8 very soon. There are a number of other mid engine cars with manual transmissions and some of them are setup with the shift cables passing on top of the tunnel rather than through it, so I don't buy the excuse that an opening can't be made in the central tunnel for structural reasons.
I've been reading that the new vet is suffering some serious fit/finish issues. Body panel fit/finish, dash stitching... not much different that Mustang issues I guess.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/202...ting-panels-and-other-quality-control-issues/
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/is-the-c8-chevy-corvette-having-some-quality-problems/
https://www.motor1.com/news/409023/chevy-corvette-c8-bad-points/

It is still a beautiful car and will be interesting to see what the 2021 FPC will bring to the table.

CD3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2017 Tundra Pro
I couldn't agree more. I've had a dozen Mustangs, including the original one, shortly after it came out in 1964, with several GTs since. I swore off after my last one (1992 GT convertible with stick), mostly because I just wanted better quality. Two Corvettes and two Porsches later, I walked into the local dealer's showroom while waiting for service on my F150, and there sat a slightly used 2018 GT350. I rejected it because of the jumpy clutch takeup, then came back a week later with an idea: removing the clutch pedal spring. He was willing to try it and give me a second test drive. That fixed the takeup problem, and made the car perfect. It now sits in my driveway. I think about it when I'm not even near it, and I'm 74 years old. Smitten.

Sponsored

CD3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2017 Tundra Pro
Good for you...Like that spirit

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I've been reading that the new vet is suffering some serious fit/finish issues. Body panel fit/finish, dash stitching... not much different that Mustang issues I guess.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/202...ting-panels-and-other-quality-control-issues/
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/is-the-c8-chevy-corvette-having-some-quality-problems/
https://www.motor1.com/news/409023/chevy-corvette-c8-bad-points/

It is still a beautiful car and will be interesting to see what the 2021 FPC will bring to the table.
As a previous owner of 3 Corvettes. 1 C6, and 2 C 7's, I can tell you that the fit and finish isn't any better. Same rear quarter panel to bumper problems, Paint rubbing off where the front fenders meet the front bumper, door to fender alignment, etc.
The C6 was more comfortable than the C7. C7 seats had very hard bolsters.
I've only had my 350 since late Feb and the only complaints I have is the hood to fender height (by the hinge) and a slight crack next to the Cobra on the trunk panel (common issue). After this Chinese virus slows down, I'll get it taken care of.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Would be very ignorant to argue than a 350 is not a better car than a GT, and it better be for the extra money
I only track my car a base 17 GTPP with a ford performance pack 2, ford performance track suspension, race seat and harness, squared nt01 285/35/19 and race pads
All together, including buying the car new, I have $35K in it
I paid cash for it and that is an amount of money that I’m comfortable with loosing if something where to happen on the track
If I was comfortable with $60 or $70K, I would have a 350
Whatever ways you look at it a V8 S550 Mustang/350 is really a bargain for what you get
Since I have a lot of track experience ( 30 years of racing a bunch of different cars, including trans-am), I have no problem catching up to most 350/r and I always get a good laugh when the drivers ask me how I can do that with a lowly Mustang.... driver do make a difference and speed is a byproduct of skills
Love the 350 in battleship grey

Last edited:

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
.... and like Randy Pobst said, don't drive a GT350R if you want to buy a GT350. You will cough up the money ...
When was that? There are articles about the 2019 refresh putting it within spitting distance now

Of course, they did refresh the R in 2020.....

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
When was that? There are articles about the 2019 refresh putting it within spitting distance now

Of course, they did refresh the R in 2020.....
Pretty sure that was back in 16 but not certain.
Sponsored