Wire harness help (camera)

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
At my wits end with this thing. The replacement harness for anything in the trunk is FR3z-14A411-X. Cool, easy enough to find and it's obvious where the connectors go etc.

On the end of it, there's no connector - I circled in red what I'm talking about. Does anyone know how this came from the factory...was it a factory splice and I'm going to have to do that?

I made a mess of my existing harness trying to repair and I think the cut/spliced camera wires are what's giving me the issue...I'd rather just have a clean setup. Just wondering if that end is spliced from the factory, if anyone knows.

Thanks for the help! View attachment 456864
Inkeds-l1600_LI.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
From the wiring diagram I have the closest connector C213 for that harness is located in rt front kick panel. That's why no connector and you have to splice it yourself.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
From the wiring diagram I have the closest connector C213 for that harness is located in rt front kick panel. That's why no connector and you have to splice it yourself.
So then it's likely it was spliced from the factory as well? Or do they generally just run the wire the full length. I feel like the splicing is why I'm having all of these issues, but who knows.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
No it's not spliced from the factory. What you have bought is a repair harness for TSB 19-2273. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10165702-0001.pdf
The factory harness runs in multiple directions under the trim and would require major labor to replace as a whole. The new harness should have enough wire to repair where the break normally occurs. The end is probably covered to protect the wire ends and may give a little more loom to help with the splicing required. If the harness didn't come with instructions and heat-shrink or repair materials you may have to buy it separately or have someone who knows how to repair wiring properly do it. Ford usually has a repair procedure for splicing which you may find on the net. I haven't researched the repair as I haven't had the problem yet.
Sponsored