Sponsored

Steeda e85 Bullitt tune now available

RozzGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ordered mine today! Tuning by James wrote this one as well as the 93 tune they have.

Not on the site yet but you can call and get it. Should be going on the site pretty soon they said. You can also check out tuning by James facebook page for dyno graphs of the tune. https://www.facebook.com/TuningbyJames/

Looks like 490whp/423tq is the best graph in the post.
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Ordered mine today! Tuning by James wrote this one as well as the 93 tune they have.

Not on the site yet but you can call and get it. Should be going on the site pretty soon they said. You can also check out tuning by James facebook page for dyno graphs of the tune. https://www.facebook.com/TuningbyJames/

Looks like 490whp/423tq is the best graph in the post.
I look forward to your report on this tune.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if ngauge users are eligible. I wanted to tune with James and definitely wanted to use the ngauge, which you have to buy the HP tuners version to tune with anybody other than Lund. In the end he wouldn’t tune me using the HP software due to them not allowing him to encrypt his tunes so they couldn’t be copied. Had to go with Lund instead.

OP
OP
RozzGT

RozzGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wonder if ngauge users are eligible. I wanted to tune with James and definitely wanted to use the ngauge, which you have to buy the HP tuners version to tune with anybody other than Lund. In the end he wouldn’t tune me using the HP software due to them not allowing him to encrypt his tunes so they couldn’t be copied. Had to go with Lund instead.
It is not, I asked. James said stick with SCT. I would have preferred an nguage as well.

Sponsored

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Maybe a dumb question but are Ford PCMs locked from the factory like Mopar? I know they never used to be.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As Built Data and locking the ECU are separate things. The ECU controls the engine, the As-Built is all the electronics around the car. Tuners still have to crack the ECU before they can tune it. That is what is holding up GT500 tuning right now. Cracking the DTC tuning module.
Noted, I thought he was trying to get to forscan and that seems to be the most centralized hub on this forum for forscan. I can remove the post if it has caused any confusion.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Noted, I thought he was trying to get to forscan and that seems to be the most centralized hub on this forum for forscan. I can remove the post if it has caused any confusion.
It's possible he was, it depends on what he was asking regarding. Most don't realize they are separate things. I just wanted to clarify.

OP
OP
RozzGT

RozzGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Got the tune on and have put about 70 miles on it so far. Runs flawless. Normal driving is like stock you would never know it had a tune just putting around town. Part throttle acceleration is much improved and lower RPMs are way stronger. Overall the power difference is pretty incredible. I did lose all of the crackles and pops in the exhaust. James says he can get them back but I haven't decided if I like it better this way or not. Not as obnoxious with the resonator delete as before, but lost some character.

I'd say its deff worth the money.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue A10
Got the tune on and have put about 70 miles on it so far. Runs flawless. Normal driving is like stock you would never know it had a tune just putting around town. Part throttle acceleration is much improved and lower RPMs are way stronger. Overall the power difference is pretty incredible. I did lose all of the crackles and pops in the exhaust. James says he can get them back but I haven't decided if I like it better this way or not. Not as obnoxious with the resonator delete as before, but lost some character.

I'd say its deff worth the money.
Did you run to empty and then flash the E85 tune at the gas station? Curious how everyone handles the transition, especially since this is not a Flex tune.

OP
OP
RozzGT

RozzGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you run to empty and then flash the E85 tune at the gas station? Curious how everyone handles the transition, especially since this is not a Flex tune.
I bought a 5 gallon gas can and an e85 tester. Wanted to make sure my local e85 was good and not like e60. Filled up the can and drove around until about 2 miles left to E. Then let it idle for awhile in the garage. Never ran it dry but pretty close.

Then I threw in the 5 gallons, flashed it and took it to fill up. No issues.
Sponsored