Rust Bubbles

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys any opinions on what I can do to fix this small rust bubble ?
20200412_172807.jpg
20200412_172805.jpg
Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Where is that occurring? If its on the hood Ford will replace it under warranty ('16 and up have a 5yr unlimited mileage panel corrosion warranty). Just had mine replaced - '16 GT w/PP

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Where is that occurring? If its on the hood Ford will replace it under warranty ('16 and up have a 5yr unlimited mileage panel corrosion warranty). Just had mine replaced - '16 GT w/PP
It's on the drivers side fender right towards the bottom, where the fender and driver door meet and there is a gap. What are the odds the fender will be replaced ?

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Sure that's not regular debris damage? FWIW it might be the light, but it almost looks like there's a scrape/rub or something along the bottom part of that panel.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Doesn't look like rust. More like a paint bubble that broke open. Take it to the dealer and see what they are willing to do about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Sure that's not regular debris damage? FWIW it might be the light, but it almost looks like there's a scrape/rub or something along the bottom part of that panel.
I thought it was damage from debris at first and i know the picture doesn't do it justice with all the dirt but it was a paint bubble that sorta popped open and that is the result.

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't look like rust. More like a paint bubble that broke open. Take it to the dealer and see what they are willing to do about it.
Will due, i can't make an appointment now due to everything being shut down. My worry is that they will keep it for a while and then do some dog shit paint touch up. instead of properly fixing it.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Will due, i can't make an appointment now due to everything being shut down. My worry is that they will keep it for a while and then do some dog shit paint touch up. instead of properly fixing it.
Take it straight to the body shop at the dealer and ask them how they would fix something like that. If you don't get a good vibe from them, take it to another dealer. This is a fairly common paint flaw and any good body shop will have the experience and techniques perfected to repair it right.

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Take it straight to the body shop at the dealer and ask them how they would fix something like that. If you don't get a good vibe from them, take it to another dealer. This is a fairly common paint flaw and any good body shop will have the experience and techniques perfected to repair it right.
I appreciate it ! ill talk it over the weekend hopefully they are open.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That is clearly a paint blister and should be covered under the 5/60 Paint and Corrosion Warranty. Starting in 2016, “perforation of metal” is not necessary for aluminum body panel replacement (if damage warranties such a repair). It states it right in your 2016 Owners Manual.

If it were debris damage, there would not be an outward bubble - it would show as a divot with chipped clear/paint layers around the point of impact.

Here ya go, check this thread I had posted a while back and the pdf in it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...table-vs-non-warrantable.121829/#post-2541196

Sponsored
OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
That is clearly a paint blister and should be covered under the 5/60 Paint and Corrosion Warranty. Starting in 2016, “perforation of metal” is not necessary for aluminum body panel replacement (if damage warranties such a repair). It states it right in your 2016 Owners Manual.

If it were debris damage, there would not be an outward bubble - it would show as a divot with chipped clear/paint layers around the point of impact.

Here ya go, check this thread I had posted a while back and the pdf in it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...table-vs-non-warrantable.121829/#post-2541196
Holy smokes thank you

Talk about a smok'n gun, this will come in handy!

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Are the front fenders prone to the same corrosion as the hoods?