2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

SuperSnake427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2001 Mustang, 1967 Mustang Fastback, 1966 Shelby Cobra
I believe to me, eventually... seems like it sat in the rail car for a few weeks at the shipping yard before actually moving. She is on her way now though!

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I noticed the PO for my car says Job #2. I guess that means there was a change mid way through model year production or...?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I noticed the PO for my car says Job #2. I guess that means there was a change mid way through model year production or...?
Job #1 ended in Dec, Job #2 started in Jan.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Thanks Happy Easter Snoop. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't believe 6 months after ordering, the GT500 arrived. This car completely
blew my socks off, before it was even driven, and after driving, I loved my GT350
but oh my gosh.......................

Thanks again to all who have helped in the journey
Shelby.4.jpg

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Happy Easter to all. Earl, thanks again for all you do to keep us informed. Today reminded me of several things, Easter is about rising up and better days with God's grace. It's also reminded me how special my family is, and that when we're together I'm truly "rich". May we all get through this with our health and an appreciation for God, family, and the freedoms we enjoy. JP

Mustang Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RG
Vehicle(s)
2-2020 GT 500
Happy Easter to all. Earl, thanks again for all you do to keep us informed. Today reminded me of several things, Easter is about rising up and better days with God's grace. It's also reminded me how special my family is, and that when we're together I'm truly "rich". May we all get through this with our health and an appreciation for God, family, and the freedoms we enjoy. JP
Amen to that!!!

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
There is only 1 left on the list that hasn't been delivered, all the rest are either scheduled, in production, produced or released for shipment. The ones that have been released for shipment probably won't be shipped until the plant gets back online.

38 - Scheduled
2 - Sent to Plant
5 - Body Shop
0 - Trim Line
5 - Produced
1 - Released to Body Company (Penske)
2 - Released - Awaiting Shipment
0 - Received - Awaiting Shipment
1 - Shipped Rail
32 - Delivered
86 - Total
Hey Snoopy49 Great summary 1589 Stephen here wondering if Penske likes having my vehicle there. Hey anyone from Penske can tell us when completed cars will be sent back to Ford? Help us out! Looking forward to the excellent work you folks do!

snoopy 49 I ran across some build specs ordering sheets that seemed to say the remote start via fob was an OPTION! Around $200.00. That wasn’t there when I didn’t order mine (.neither was the shark fin antenna-any more word on that?). What I’d like to know if I’m getting the fob started remote start. Assume either was can do via app. I looked at my sticker and no option listed but under standard while not exactly the words it seemed to cover the fob remote start. Has that changed, Will I be getting fob remote start? Hate to mention but I’d assume one that gets out of bring a prisoner of Coronavirus war and sent back to Ford you would think those would be going out first or soon. I think railroads running. Any new guesses for my particular situation? Maybe I should get a ventilator too? Thanks all the UAW at Ford! I bet you folks ready to get back to work anyway!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Stephen: Having waited a couple weeks for Penske with my girl, all bets are off now whether a vehicle is at Penske or the FRAP, unfortunately.

On the bright side however, I DO have some good news.. <smile>

No need to sweat the remote start business, they all have it as standard equipment.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Stephen
Your car is listed as Released to Body Company (Penske) so it should be sitting there waiting for Ford to start back up, they can't send back if no one is there to receive.
As far as I know, remote start is standard on the 2020 GT500. My car was produced on 02/28 and it has remote start and the shark fin antenna.
The railroad has been a bit iffy when it comes to shipping cars, one of the members here, SuperSnake427, had his car sitting at Flat Rock in a railcar for 2 weeks before it started to move down the tracks.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
Talk about being in limbo! I guess I’m better off having it not sitting at rail yard somewhere. Glad to confirm remote start. Wonder if any folks backing out these days? I’m still excited as the day I ordered it! Since I’ve been held hostage can’t wait to drive to Colorado and rip up over continental divide. Any thoughts on your cars? Any issues? I will be hopefully buying a spare tire like I did for my BULLITT but haven’t determined if they make one to fit the larger brakes. Always handy in my opinions for a road trip! Hopefully soon things will be rolling. Thanks