HYpothetical rear o2 simulators

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Neither I nor have my friends thrown any codes what so ever. N we don’t have anything. Just rear O2’s in their place. So ????
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
No. They can’t and they won’t. They can catch a big fine. My buddies car is probably one of the most built whipple cars as of right now. No internals though. But hasn’t had any issues what so ever. I only plan to add the big daddy o2 things so I don’t burn em up. I think maybe once they burn up it kicks a code. But not for certain. So I dunno

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
If it don't throw any code after a full gas tank well maybe the rear o2 has been disabled or coding check off. Its not normal i think

Leave it like that dont add any fouler or spacer your not gonna burn them up. Its made to sniff exhaust gas man

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Its made to sniff exhaust gas man
It compares flow to the upstream o2's. If a threshold is met, it deems the efficiency (airflow) of that cats to be good. And then, no CEL. If exhaust is flowing to slow or to fast, boom CEL. At least, that's my understanding of rear o2's. How it doesn't throw a code with no FFE I can only assume the rear o2 isn't far enough into the stream.

Last edited:

Sponsored

turboluke9000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrapped Base Mustang GT
Yea there must be some recent legal thing, because Lund won't turn off the CEL for rear o2's on my car. I'm in Canada and they still won't do it.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Yea there must be some recent legal thing, because Lund won't turn off the CEL for rear o2's on my car. I'm in Canada and they still won't do it.
Yeah im not going with lund just because of that, no way im gonna accept my car to throw a CEL. Every headers will give a checklight if its not corrected into your ecu flash. Unacceptable
And yes recently there was a big fine given to SCT, from the EPA. And i think it scared tuners out there

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah im not going with lund just because of that, no way im gonna accept my car to throw a CEL. Every headers will give a checklight if its not corrected into your ecu flash. Unacceptable
And yes recently there was a big fine given to SCT, from the EPA. And i think it scared tuners out there
This must be something new then, as I am Lund tuned and haven't had a CEL for rear O2's in over 2 years..... If they changed their tuning "rules" then I would say you are gonna have a hard time finding anyone that still disables them.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
An overreaching EPA setting up Internet forum watchdogs scouring threads such as “CAT Delete” or “DPF delete” changed the mindset and landscape of the tuning industry.
Once the men in black showed up at the doorsteps of a few major players in the gas / diesel tuning shops and slapped multimillion dollar fines along with jail time most all the others shops wised up and started following the rule of the law.

I don’t agree with the EPA bird-dogging forum users but that’s the world we live in like it or not.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Yup i agree, we are not helping global warming in any way. But its 1 of the only mods that can extract more power of your v8 NA without opening it and rebuild with different hardware. So its a popular mod

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I had my 2016 GT lund tuned last year with just the 2018 manifold and a CAI. Later installed long tubes with FFE and did not get any CEL's. I even asked if a tune revision was required for the LT's and they said no. If they are not disabling the rear o2 codes anymore thats news to me

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I had my 2016 GT lund tuned last year with just the 2018 manifold and a CAI. Later installed long tubes with FFE and did not get any CEL's. I even asked if a tune revision was required for the LT's and they said no. If they are not disabling the rear o2 codes anymore thats news to me
I will find out if the CEL comes on with stock calib. If UPS can delivery my damn LTH

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Stage 2 Mustang GT

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason