Sponsored

Missing FORD logo on windshield?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
You know, I just went out and looked at my car (2019 GT Premium, 1st owner, never replaced the glass) and there's no Ford logo on the windshield. However, I did get most / all the electronic toys on the car so there are a couple of optical sensors there to support the safety and convenience functions like the auto high beams, auto wipers, and such. If you have those features, that may be why there's no logo.

For that matter, I don't believe there is a single Ford logo anywhere on the exterior of the car except for a small one on the UAW sticker on the left rear quarter window.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Mine has the logo as well as the safe & smart. When I took delivery in April of last year the dealer had to replace the windshield with an OEM glass because the glass had a crack in it. Delayed delivery by a week because it had to be a Ford glass.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You know, I just went out and looked at my car (2019 GT Premium, 1st owner, never replaced the glass) and there's no Ford logo on the windshield. However, I did get most / all the electronic toys on the car so there are a couple of optical sensors there to support the safety and convenience functions like the auto high beams, auto wipers, and such. If you have those features, that may be why there's no logo.

For that matter, I don't believe there is a single Ford logo anywhere on the exterior of the car except for a small one on the UAW sticker on the left rear quarter window.
Does it say Carlite in the center bottom? My 19’ has the logo and I have Safe and Smart.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it say Carlite in the center bottom? My 19’ has the logo and I have Safe and Smart.
Hey, found another Ford logo!

Center bottom of the windshield has a small Ford logo (perhaps an inch wide). Below that is "Carlex", not "Carlite". Below that is "Solar Tinted".

blakesawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hi all, I bought my CPO 2019 Mustang GT a while back, and I just noticed that I don't have the FORD logo above the rearview mirror on my windshield... Does this mean my windshield has been replaced? (The car is Premium Convertible 10 speed auto, no lane keep assist or anything fancy) If so, does that mean the car should never have been Certified?

I saw that the windshield is made my FUYAO, but so are all the other glasses on the car. What is the OEM for your Mustang windshield? I know it's too late for me to do anything at this point, but I still like to have peace of mind.
I bought a 2017 CPO and it has a FUYAO also

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP

I have a premium PP and mine has it

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
FUYAO is aftermarket from Safelite. I have the same one on my Mustang. I saved like 100 bucks over OEM Ford logo glass. The OEM glass got a chip and cracked about 5 minutes later while cruising down the highway.

Last edited:

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
I had my windshield replaced here in Australia. My insurance policy said they could use any Australian Standard glass. They wanted another AUS$1,000 (US$600) to fit fit the genuine glass. I decided that if I really wanted a Ford logo on my windscreen (the only one on the outside of the car), I could buy a sticker for less than $1,000 :-)

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
Mine has no logo . Factory as far as I know
Screenshot_20200406-232048_Photos~2.jpg

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I don't have one either, will have to check the fine print on it tomorrow. Mine is a loaded 401A with S&S too. its a convertible though.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interestingly, the "Build" function on the Ford webpage doesn't show the logo. From a personal perspective, I prefer the look without it.

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
I don't have one either, will have to check the fine print on it tomorrow. Mine is a loaded 401A with S&S too. its a convertible though.
My car is a 401a as well with the S&S package. I never really looked at it till this thread. Lol

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Well, strike that, i checked today with my car in the garage. From the side I didn't see the logo, then figured I'd open the garage door, walked around to the front of the car and silly me, sure enough I have the Ford logo. Even with the sun on it the logo wasn't that obvious but i do see a lens and a sensor below the logo. In four months of ownership I never looked that close.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Sorry, but that is not true. They probably do make glass that is sold by Safelite but they are also an OEM manufacturer. They have a plant in Ohio.
Correct, Safelight does not make the Mustang glass, the manufacturer they use for aftermarket is FUYAO. I had a discussion with Safelite about it when I had my windshield replaced.

My statement is correct, FUYAO is Safelite aftermarket glass but not exclusive I imagine.

In other words, when you go to Safelite and they ask if you want the Ford logo for an extra 100, and you say no, you get FUYAO glass.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuyao
Fuyao - Wikipedia
Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd. It is one of the largest auto glass producers in the world
Sponsored

Last edited: