Sponsored

Making claims (involving octane booster)

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Saying you're running pump gas while you're also running octane booster is dishonest, unless it's mentioned. I don't see an argument to that.
Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I can gain rwhp with a boostane and doesn’t need a tune?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
If you’re not getting full timing advance already, yes. The difference between California spec 91 and 91 plus octane booster can easily be 6-7 degrees.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ll be data logging probably next week and see.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Octane booster is just one of the tricks people use to stuff there pants and it works, as long as it's clearly stated it's all good.

Been using Boostane 10 oz per tank with small shot of meth on 93 for over 2 years and it allows me to make 790 wheel.

So many examples of false advertising and claims with dyno comparisons, check out the video below from VMP on the new ODIN blower, they claim with modest boost and slightly modified 18 they made 800 wheel, but look at the throttle body on the dyno NO INTAKE!! they forgot to mention that when they made their bold claim video.

8F50397C-123F-4F08-82A4-38CC232EEB6B.jpeg

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Interesting that you bring this up as I'm debating this very topic in my thoughts. I have a 2019 with a Centri (Vortech). I've had in installed for a few months and was originally tuned on 93 WITHOUT any octane modifiers and made a respectable 650 RWHP. I am now on to phase 2 of my build that includes a return fuel system, Pulley, Catless LT's and a Wastegate setup. I also have a setup that lets me switch between boost levels with a simple solenoid/switch with associated tunes to go from 93 on low boost to E85 and higher boost.

I had originally figured that the 93/Lower boost setting would net me the same 650 RWHP number but for some reason, we've been getting knock (verified not false) and only making 600ish RWHP. Which brings me to the thought of looking at using an octane booster to get me back to where I started. In fact, I was just starting to research them as I've never used them before.

The intent of having 93/E85 tunes and settings are in the event I am somewhere that doesn't have E85 available. 93 usually available anywhere and it's simple enough to have a can or two of Boostane or similar in the trunk. Just in case.

And to directly answer your question, I believe when posting numbers, everything related to achieving them should be included. Especially a fuel modifier.
Toluene is the best octane booster I know of. Mix in 12oz with 12gal Of 91and your over 100 octane

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Guess I am having a moral debate here, that comes down to truth in marketing.

A trend I have noticed in the Mustang world, that's now spilling over to others is... claims of "pump gas" power numbers with forced induction systems. But then almost fail to mention that Octane boost was used. (I have already noted a few videos that have fully omitted that detail...which seems very deceptive).

Sadly I haven't bought a can of octane booster since I was in high school, and the stuff was basically worthless...so I am "out" on knowing how good some are or some aren't. However, I do know that folks are really liking brands like "Race Gas, Octainum, Boostane" and stuff along those lines..so maybe someday I need to give it a test in my personal car.

My question is, should this become normal to rate cars using fuel modifiers? To me it seems confusion for the end customer, and not really how I would operate a car on the daily, but thats just me.
I need a belt size for P1X HO kit 6 rib 3.50 pulley man. Can I get the size please?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I need a belt size for P1X HO kit 6 rib 3.50 pulley man. Can I get the size please?
K061058RPM for the RPM Belt,

K061058HD for the Green belt

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I just checked my order and the green belt is K061066 smh.
There's probably enough adjustment in the tensioners to run that belt. Its less than an inch longer than the ones I suggested

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There's probably enough adjustment in the tensioners to run that belt. Its less than an inch longer than the ones I suggested
Ok cool. I’ll try it and thanks again for the info man. I appreciate it.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Also, if you haven't already purchased the 3.5 pulley, look into the Griptech version. No slip, and you don't need to put nearly as much tension on the belt which will prolong the life of everything being turned.

Anyway, this is PC'ers thread about fuel and octane and lies, not belts.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Also, if you haven't already purchased the 3.5 pulley, look into the Griptech version. No slip, and you don't need to put nearly as much tension on the belt which will prolong the life of everything being turned.

Anyway, this is PC'ers thread about fuel and octane and lies, not belts.
Haha, true but your post is more useful
Sponsored