Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't think my pump runs after shutting off the engine. The fan keeps running on high after doing the cruise control trick but I don't think the pump runs.

The only time my fans run after shutdown is after using the CC trick or the track and drag modes.

I have never had high enough temps for my sensor to do what it is supposed to auromatically do.

Doesn’t make sense Bruce, yours should run both when hitting the CC or D mode?

Someone needs to actually once and for all find out if the IC pump runs with CC/D mod with the early P2, because if it doesn’t then I’d like to have the sensor and harness which will circulate the coolant once parked (Off)

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Doesn’t make sense Bruce, yours should run both?

Someone needs to actually once and for all find out if the IC pump runs with CC/D mod with a P2, because if it doesn’t then I’d like to have the sensor and harness which will circulate the coolant once parked (Off)
The sensor is looking for heat. I have never had the IC coolant hot enough for it to do anything. Keep in mind the highest ambient temp we have had so far is mid 50s. The coolant never gets hot enough to trigger the sensor.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
The 19 Roush Stage 3 comes with 5yr/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. If I do the Phase 2 upgrade it drops the Powertrain Warranty to 3yr/36,000 mile, losing 2yr/24,000 miles of the warranty.

Now the 2020 Roush Stage 3 comes with the Phase 2 Kit and includes a 5yr/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty.

With the killer price on the 19 it’s hard to pass up.
phase 1 my 1/8th mile was 7.5 seconds, phase 2 was a 6.90 (acutally might have gotten in the 6.8x's but no times slips were given after that pass) 60' went from 1.71 to a 1.54

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t make sense Bruce, yours should run both when hitting the CC or D mode?

Someone needs to actually once and for all find out if the IC pump runs with CC/D mod with the early P2, because if it doesn’t then I’d like to have the sensor and harness which will circulate the coolant once parked (Off)
if the car is on its pumping all the time, or are you referring to when you shut the car off??

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
if the car is on its pumping all the time, or are you referring to when you shut the car off??
Well I take that back if you don't have the temp sensor in the LTR (phase II) then it pumps all the time while the car is on

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The fans, pumps, coolant, etc, is not the problem.. Its the teeny tiny intercooler underneath the blower... You can put as much lipstick on a pig as you want..

Call Roush... Get it done.. Plenty of time with the Rona.. Funny thing is, tracks are closed, no one can do anything about it :) Will you know if does anything that *inferred* numbers cant? I can turn my pumps and fans on with a button. I'll go do some 0-60's on street tires to make you feel better tomorrow.
my car got quarantined in the middle of the install. No telling when they’ll open again.
The 19 Roush Stage 3 comes with 5yr/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. If I do the Phase 2 upgrade it drops the Powertrain Warranty to 3yr/36,000 mile, losing 2yr/24,000 miles of the warranty.

Now the 2020 Roush Stage 3 comes with the Phase 2 Kit and includes a 5yr/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty.

With the killer price on the 19 it’s hard to pass up.
I've seen multiple stage 3's at 58k. Both new 2018's when I was looking for mine and 2019's currently. No warranty is worth that difference in price. But there are other differences. 2020's look a lot better than the 18-19's I think. less stickers, better seats, and etc. Personally I hated the stickers so much I went with a stage 2 and upgraded. I ended up spending the same but I can't take those hockey sticks on the side.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so i just did a cold start hit the cc+ with the brakes and fans came on at high turned her off , fans continue to run pulled the fuse out the wp housing and it shows voltage so pump does run when car is off using the cc button ill check drag mode a little later as they run after shitting off the car as well and im sure the same result

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so i just did a cold start hit the cc+ with the brakes and fans came on at high turned her off , fans continue to run pulled the fuse out the wp housing and it shows voltage so pump does run when car is off using the cc button ill check drag mode a little later as they run after shitting off the car as well and im sure the same result
Mines is P2 but without the sensor by the way so may be different for those with the sensor.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Wp housing? I don't quite understand how you confirmed the pump runs or where you tested voltage.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
So if I drive the car in drag or sport and then shut the car off after getting fully warmed up, the iat2 shouldn't rise much if the pump is running.

Typically if I shut down in normal drive mode, and then start the car 5 minutes later, iat2 has gone up 40 degrees or so. It shouldn't rise so much if I shut down in drag mode and then restart after the fans stop running. I will try that.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wp housing? I don't quite understand how you confirmed the pump runs or where you tested voltage.
fuse is on the wheel housing passenger side in a weatherproof fuse holder, pulled the connector with the fuse and tested it for voltage with a meter

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So if I drive the car in drag or sport and then shut the car off after getting fully warmed up, the iat2 shouldn't rise much if the pump is running.

Typically if I shut down in normal drive mode, and then start the car 5 minutes later, iat2 has gone up 40 degrees or so. It shouldn't rise so much if I shut down in drag mode and then restart after the fans stop running. I will try that.
its still going to go up a good bit since there is no air movement but just keeps the coolant from heating up some, best thing is it running keeping the air moving along as the heat soak isn't that bad

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well then Greyhorse confirmed it, it looks like on his car and I assume my car as long as u hit the CC+ Brakes the pump runs with the fans

I assume you Sensor boys shouldn’t have to to that if it see’s temp it’s looking for to run the fan/wp

Curious to see if greyhorse reports the wp/fans work in drag mode too

If this is the case there’s no reason to add the sensor, just do it manually via CC+ Brake

I still wanna add the bigger pump at some point too

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I drive my car for an hour out it in drag mode before I parked it, my fans run but the IC pump does not run. The fluid in my degas is cold and isn’t moving at all, I’m gonna try cc+\brake tomorrow

It was 70 today IAT2 runs moving 108-117
Sitting it goes to 127-128 and as soon as u move right back down again. The IAT2 swing I’m seeing is moving is 38-47

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I drive my car for an hour out it in drag mode before I parked it, my fans run but the IC pump does not run. The fluid in my degas is cold and isn’t moving at all, I’m gonna try cc+\brake tomorrow

It was 70 today IAT2 runs moving 108-117
Sitting it goes to 127-128 and as soon as u move right back down again. The IAT2 swing I’m seeing is moving is 38-47
Mine operates the same way. I am not sure you will ever see movement in the degas bottle, though, or have it get warm. The coolant basically bypasses the degas bottle.
It doesn't seem like the water in the system ever gets very hot. Feel the metal piping going to and from the IC. Mine are always cool to the touch.