Sponsored

GT350 Production Ending

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nope got two cause I'm old and enjoyed driving them. And you know theres no sourse outside of those posting in forums (not just this one) cause sneaky Ford won't put out that data. Yea I know same ole same ole, only ones that post are ones with problems and a small few. They just replace the engine with another expensive one without actually fixing the problem. And you can talk this performance crap all you want. But for Ford to actually put out a letter to us saying its just fine if we use a quart of oil every 500 miles no matter how we drive it (slow and easy, fast as hell stc.) is just plain assinine. Hell I don't think my chain saw uses that much oil. I'm to old to be around to see it but wait, in a few years after production has stopped talk will be, remember when Ford came out with that engine called Voodoo. Well it sounded great, high rpm, ran like hell that is unless it blew up and Ford just kept putting them out there without fixing the problem just waiting till warranties ran out to get out from under them. It is honorable for Ford to replace the engines under warranty no questions asked (since they're so expensive) But its became pretty obvious they haven't did anything to correct the problem. So again just wait, in a few years a numbers matching GT 350 will be rare and expensive if found. And as I said they could at least have specialized Ford mechanics at specified dealerships to replace the engines so you don't get all kinds of scratches in engine bay and everything back together right by some mechanic in service that works on anything and every thing that comes in. Of course your gonna say wheres the proof but have you read how many service departments don't even research how to properly put the front splitter on and half ass do it and its no where put on right. That probably would be the same guy taking out and putting in your new engine duh!
500 miles per qt!! I have not ran mine very hard. So maybe my engine is not good, but if Ford came back later to say 500 miles per qt is good. Then what is bad?
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Never had to replace engines, both had less than 4,000 miles. Got lucky to that many miles even though mileage has no meaning on when/where its going or not going to happen. You'd have to flip a coin on whether who ever has them has had engine problems. And never said I disliked the engines. I think if Ford would have stopped and fixed the problem so many (oh! of course can't prove it) have had theres nothing more heart pumping then the feel of the flat plane crank. I'm 75 so more than likely neither of us will be around in a few years to agree to disagree on Voodoo replacement engines and matching numbers.
I find it interesting for someone such as yourself who had two GT350's from consecutive model years and without any engine problems of any kind and then proceed to complain and chastise Ford for an engine problem that you never incurred.

Maybe I am missing something here but sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your two GT350's including the 8250 RPM redline Voodoo engine but for some reason you have an ongoing attitude and problem with the outstanding Romeo Niche Plant engine and the company that was responsible for it's development.

Despite our obvious differences with respect to the outstanding Voodoo engine I hope that you stay healthy and live for a very long time!!:beer:

:clap::clap:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Does anyone tell the truth about if they misused , abused , neglected , or abused their engine before it blew ?

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I find it interesting for someone such as yourself who had two GT350's from consecutive model years and without any engine problems of any kind and then proceed to complain and chastise Ford for an engine problem that you never incurred.

Maybe I am missing something here but sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your two GT350's including the 8250 RPM redline Voodoo engine but for some reason you have an ongoing attitude and problem with the outstanding Romeo Niche Plant engine and the company that was responsible for it's development.

Despite our obvious differences with respect to the outstanding Voodoo engine I hope that you stay healthy and live for a very long time!!:beer:

:clap::clap:
No attitude just because I didn't have an engine problem the time I had mine doesn't change the fact Ford put out what they obviously won't concede is a engine that has potential mechanical problems and not willing to fix the problem just cover it up by giving you another one without fixing the issues. . Thats obvious from every year including 2020 GT350 posts with very few miles and engine going bad. Say what you want but that ain't right facts are facts and Ford won't allow any one into the engine to prove it. Thats Ford covering there ass. I forgot you don't dare try to state facts on a GT350 forum that are bad about a GT350 engine. Thats ok good luck with your Voodoo ticking bomb waiting to possibly blow now matter how you drive. Better take out an extended warranty if not paid for on a loan till it is if it will be past powertrain warranty. And I hope you never need it that your engine holds up well for you and don't drink oil.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
No attitude just because I didn't have an engine problem the time I had mine doesn't change the fact Ford put out what they obviously won't concede is a engine that has potential mechanical problems and not willing to fix the problem just cover it up by giving you another one without fixing the issues. . Thats obvious from every year including 2020 GT350 posts with very few miles and engine going bad. Say what you want but that ain't right facts are facts and Ford won't allow any one into the engine to prove it. Thats Ford covering there ass. I forgot you don't dare try to state facts on a GT350 forum that are bad about a GT350 engine. Thats ok good luck with your Voodoo ticking bomb waiting to possibly blow now matter how you drive. Better take out an extended warranty if not paid for on a loan till it is if it will be past powertrain warranty. And I hope you never need it that your engine holds up well for you and don't drink oil.
Please don't say that you don't have an attitude because it is very clear that you do otherwise you would not go on and on about an issue that you cannot back up with any confirmed facts or figures and have not even experienced any failures personally with either of your GT350's.

The facts are that when the 2020 MY is done Ford will have built ~25,000 GT350/R's and yes there were some engine failures along the way which is certainly expected for an exotic FPC engine such as the Voodoo and no one is denying that including FP and the FMC.

Other than you continuing to complain about an issue that you cannot back up with confirmed facts or figures your attitude certainly speaks for itself.

Not worried the least bit about my Voodoo ticking bombs as had 4 of them so far and have a 5th on order and of the first 4 cars only the 2015 GT350 Track Pack car has not been driven hard and have not experienced any oil consumption or engine failure for any of the R models and that includes this past weekend in the Arizona desert whereby JR157 was put through its paces.

:)

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Please don't say that you don't have an attitude because it is very clear that you do otherwise you would not go on and on about an issue that you cannot back up with any confirmed facts or figures and have not even experienced any failures personally with either of your GT350's.

The facts are that when the 2020 MY is done Ford will have built ~25,000 GT350/R's and yes there were some engine failures along the way which is certainly expected for an exotic FPC engine such as the Voodoo and no one is denying that including FP and the FMC.

Other than you continuing to complain about an issue that you cannot back up with confirmed facts or figures your attitude certainly speaks for itself.

Not worried the least bit about my Voodoo ticking bombs as had 4 of them so far and have a 5th on order and of the first 4 cars only the 2015 GT350 Track Pack car has not been driven hard and have not experienced any oil consumption or engine failure for any of the R models and that includes this past weekend in the Arizona desert whereby JR157 was put through its paces.

:)
You can't back up the facts and figures they don't either. But just cause I answer yours and other posts with my opinion verses others opinion I have to have an attitude. Thats ok and glad your one without problems wouldn't expect from your posts for you to concede there are also many posting with problems they shouldn't be having. I'll make you happy. You win (right) This is a good forum still and I'm done on this perticular subject. I've made my views on the engine and as your views obviously are to be excepted mine should be also. Oh hell forgot its easier to accuse me of having an attitude because I step on toes on a GT350 forum about my feelings about the Voodoo and others that have posted that have engine problems that should not have happened.

CD3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2017 Tundra Pro
You're right about the Challenger. I had an SRT and got rid of it in less than a year. Fast in a straight line, but handled like a pig on roller skates. It was all over the road on turns. Ass end would kick out if you hit a bump on a turn.
So far my 350 has been great (fingers crossed) especially since I got rid of the Cups. It just begs to be revved up.
What tires did you replace the Cups with?
I have a 19 also. Not to far from you.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
No disrespect to anyone that has had problems with their Voodoo's but with approximately 25000 cars built the problems cannot be widespread. It simply would not make sense for Ford to continue this for 6 years. As a Ford stockholder I would be very unhappy if they did. As we know these motors are complex and expensive. While Ford may not release any known issues I have no doubt they do a postmortem on every failed engine they replace Voodoo or other. Have they made undocumented changes through the years from these failed engines, likely.

I know if my motor failed I would not be happy but taking emotions out of it a high failure rate would simply not be tolerated by the bean counters.

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT350, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
I was one of those unfortunate owners with a 2020 blown engine before its first oil change and went though hell to get my car back from the dealership. Any regrets from buying it? Hell no, thatā€™s what the extended power train warranty is for.

If youā€™re hesitant about buying a GT350 because of the engine problems youā€™ve been reading about on this forum, Iā€™ll tell you the moment you turn on this car and smash the gas pedal all your worries go away. Just get the extended warranty and donā€™t do any crazy mods thatā€™ll do get your warranty claims denied if you want a peace of mind while owning it.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
There is no financial incentive for Ford to research and fix a "potential" issue with an engine that isn't built in mass quantities. This is no different than BMW with their E60 M5 rod bearing issues or GM with their LS7 valve guide problems. It's just a risk you take when purchasing a high performance car.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
3 whole pages of conversation on nothing but an educated guess from a random website not directly associated with the manufacturer in question. Until an official announcement is made directly from FoMoCo, it's all speculation.

Thereā€™s no official word about the Shelby GT350ā€™s discontinuation just yet, but donā€™t expect it to be on the menu once order banks for the 2021 Mustang open in a few weeks.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
With all of the articles I have read from reputable sources says the GT350 is gone.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Well, for sure the price of a used GT350 just went up since there will be no more. I am glad I bought one even if it is the non-cooler Tech Pack.
Sponsored