Sponsored

Vented seats only cooling lower seat, not seat back

speedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 triple black GT convertible
Is anyone else only getting 'cooled' seats only on the lower cushion, not the upper?

The motor is running (its loud) but do not feel anything coming out of the backs of the seats. Also the motor that runs gets pretty warm to the touch.

Is this common, or is there an issue I need to get looked at? The heated seats are working great

2019 GT convertible
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
The seats are notoriously crappy at cooling. I have been on seats, in particular Jeep ones, that nearly froze my behind off. Mind you, I am using mine with the top down, although it has been my experience that coupe owners aren’t too impressed with the performance either.

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
The seats are notoriously crappy at cooling. I have been on seats, in particular Jeep ones, that nearly froze my behind off. Mind you, I am using mine with the top down, although it has been my experience that coupe owners aren’t too impressed with the performance either.
Yeah.. mine on the lowest setting I cant even feel and top setting is ok at best.. and the back doesnt work well in my car.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I know there was a service bulletin out that “addressed” this issue.
I had it done and couldn’t notice a difference.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Is anyone else only getting 'cooled' seats only on the lower cushion, not the upper?

The motor is running (its loud) but do not feel anything coming out of the backs of the seats. Also the motor that runs gets pretty warm to the touch.

Is this common, or is there an issue I need to get looked at? The heated seats are working great

2019 GT convertible
This has been an ongoing issue since 2015. There is a gazillion page thread on it if you want to be bothered. The simple answer is yes it is common. As Louk said there is TSB on it but most who had it done noticed no improvement. It’s just a shitty design.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have had cooled seats on a number of cars and they only work well if you are a smaller or skinnier person. Otherwise, your body blocks most of the holes.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I'm thinking the cooling effect on the seat back is less because your body covers all the perforations not allowing air to flow as well as the lower cushion. The lower cushion has some areas not covered by your body which lets some air flow exhaust through the perforations with less restrictions.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm thinking the cooling effect on the seat back is less because your body covers all the perforations not allowing air to flow as well as the lower cushion. The lower cushion has some areas not covered by your body which lets some air flow exhaust through the perforations with less restrictions.
The lack of cooling effect from the seat backs from our cars is do to a poorly designed system that has been discussed and dissected many times over the past 5 years. It has nothing to do with blocking the perforations.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I fixed mine...TSB, Darko mod that routes intake lines to the front of the seat bottom, then I pulled out the plastic liner/insert from the seat back and cut about 50 holes in it, then I put a metal mesh bird food box in my map pocket to open the layers. It works now, pre cooled air in, and an exhaust path for the heat generated.....
Sponsored