mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Yea I hear you. I looked at a bunch of pictures of red or orange cars with white wheels. I am just not feeling it. Plus the idea of keeping white wheels clean?? Yea... no thanks.

My car is more track oriented, I am more of a form follows function kind of person. I have a base GT with only the performance options, except for the blingy color its pretty plain and low key. Which is why I keep coming back to black wheels. But the graphite would give it a bit more of that retro look that goes with the color.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Please...please...for the love of God, don't put white wheels on your mustang. Horrible idea.

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Please...please...for the love of God, don't put white wheels on your mustang. Horrible idea.
That bad huh?? I could go for white wheels if I did like a Saleen monochrome 80s look, all white. Miami Vice style!

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to update this thread after purchase. I ended up going with Satin Black. I am happy with my choice, and I love the look of the new wheels and tires

Now that I have them, I have noticed a few things. Strictly from a looks perspective, I would have probably been better off with 19x9/19x10 and kept the stock size tires... I actually really liked the looks and proportions on the OEM tire sidewall to body, no lowering needed. These wheels didn't come in those sizes, but others with a similar look did. I also could have gone with a 20x10/20x11 and ended up with exactly the same wheel diameter as stock and gotten the same look, but at a cost of money and weight. The size I went with, now that I have it mounted, I see that I need to lower the car, at least in front for sure. The wheel gap is just a bit too much, even for me.

On the plus side, now I have an excuse to get new springs, struts, rear shocks, camber plates, etc. The downside is I just dropped $2k on suspension upgrades to make my $2500 wheel and tire package fit the way I want them, when my biggest complaint was how hard it is to clean my OEM PP wheels.

I am getting the new(ish) Steeda Pro-Active dampers combined with their minimum drop springs and I am pretty excited about what should be a definite step up in comfort and a minor increase in performance. I will review once I get them installed, and compared to my stock PP set up. And once you get bit by the modding bug, its an addictive little bugger. I also ordered the G-Trak k-member brace, and I am trying to decide on which "stop the hop" kit I want, probably differential bushings too. Exhaust changes are coming up next... I am currently leaning towards the upcoming double-H pipe resonator delete, and then maybe the Varex or Varitune adjustable axle-backs. Then comes a tune... leaning towards the Ford Racing tune but haven't really made up my mind. It's a slippery slope!

Here are some pics:
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Why are the choices almost always Black and Almost Black?

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Why are the choices almost always Black and Almost Black?
Black is pretty popular now, to the point it’s probably getting played out. I think by going with an orange car I pretty much locked myself into black or almost black. I’m not a fan of silver wheels on these comp orange cars. Even the gunmetal just wasn’t working for me, so I went with the satin black.

If I do it again I will probably go with a more neutral color car and then I can change it up with wheels. Dark grey or pearl white, or like the ceramic color white or grey that is popular these days. You can do a lot more with wheels... wild colors. Gold wheels. I’ve always love when Porsche does the GT3 in a flat grey with orange or red wheels.
Sponsored