Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Hey cool - homophobic humor. Good idea - let's blame the Gays for Corona virus just like Good ol' Ronnie blamed them for AIDS.
Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Hey cool - homophobic humor. Good idea - let's blame the Gays for Corona virus just like Good ol' Ronnie blamed them for AIDS.
Thank you, I actually wasted time trying to figure out what that comic was trying to say - cause all I can think of is it was either making light of the Corona virus or gay bashing. Unfortunately I guess it was doing both.

I've enjoyed my share of Broadway musicals, gay parades and even a Cher concert, although when I think about it they are kind of the same atmosphere :clap: :crackup: :turkey:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cher doesn’t approve of this thread.

She approves of life after love.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Here is a video from April 1 comparing COVID-19 with the normal flu.

The main takeaway from the video is the COVID-19 kills people 3-4X more than the flu already, and many places have yet to reach their peaks.

The other takeaway is that the flu deaths are relatively consistent year to year, and we are prepared due to experience, vaccinations, immunity, etc. This means that we can handle the cases without hospitals getting overloaded. COVID-19 is new and therefore is able to spread much more easily (no resistance in the population), is more deadly, and is able to overwhelm the hospital system, causing everything else potentially more deadly as well.

Unfortunately, the USA was very slow and inept in our reaction to this. It is true that trashing the economy is a bitter pill, and I can see the argument that the cure is worse than the disease first hand in my neighborhood (restaurants closing, people out of work, etc). It is also frustrating that until we have greater immunity, it will be a slow process to get things opened back up because if we go too quickly, the disease will likely flare up again (depending on how many people recovered and gained some immunity). Testing IMO is key, as it helps determine who has recovered and could go back to daily routine. But the lack of testing means we don't really know very well who has had it.

I do think that if we can limit the disease to a slow burn, rather than a sudden explosion, we will have a better chance at minimizing the loss of life and working our way through this.

Definitely looking forward to going out to a bar with friends when this eventually passes.

-T

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Latest top ten states by cases:
Screenshot (1114).png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Latest top ten states by cases:
Screenshot (1114).png
Let's compare these numbers to one week from now. Might give a small indication of where we are going. Continuing to hope for the best but understanding that might not happen for a while.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
How so homophobic? Are you saying that the reality that the majority of gays being D's is homophobic?

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think next week we might find out if we are walking or riding in a car.

Where we are going is still weeks/months from being determined.

Can anyone imagine what Christmas looks like this year? I can’t.
Several European nations recently started putting together post-COVID transition teams. Although no one can predict an exact date, the teams are tasked with figuring out what measures need to be put in place in order to return to the new version of normal.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Perhaps it has something to do with Dixon Diaz being a known homophobe and someone who lies to sell "his" stolen content?

Obviously @Weather Man is prejudice but I wouldn't say he's homophobic unless of course, he comes out and says his dislike for LGBTQ peoples or their rights.
LOL at the lefty trying to put everyone in their neat little SJW box. A more intolerant bunch never existed, your skin color or sexual identity is the only thing you are judged on in their world.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
LOL at the lefty trying to put everyone in their neat little SJW box. A more intolerant bunch never existed, your skin color or sexual identity is the only thing you are judged on in their world.
For whatever it's worth, both sides have plenty of intolerance. COVID-19, the topic of this thread, does not seem to have that issue. It is an equal opportunity killer.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
For whatever it's worth, both sides have plenty of intolerance. COVID-19, the topic of this thread, does not seem to have that issue. It is an equal opportunity killer.
gv040320dapr_s878x645-jpg.jpg
Sponsored