Sponsored

Curfews and Unemployment increases.. BS?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
First what good does a curfew do? the hours most cities are setting are pointless. 10 PM to 5 am? Who is out then anyway and everything is closed anyhow. The worst anyone would be doing is driving and what harm does that do to anyone? I think it's just a way to get more money in the county cash box.

Unemployment. I understand the need and IM not saying people don't need unemployment. But 600 extra a week? people are at home and spending less money so why do benefits need to go up? Heck most people are now making more unemployed then they did at their regular job. I know several people who are now making more unemployed than they did working. They said they won't be in any hurry to look for work. why would they?

I understand there are all these things going on now but some of these solutions make zero sense.

Like the stimulus check thresholds. they are way too high. the threshold for a married couple to get a sliding scale check is 150 to 200 thousand dollars? IM sorry if you make 150 to 200 thousand dollars a year you in all likelihood don't need a check at all. Let alone a slide scale one that will probably be a couple hundred dollars. That will be nothing to them. while 1200 is a nice amount for poor families it will still leave them struggling. lower the thresholds and give more to the poor.

Did you know the stimulus bill is like 1100 pages long? thos 1200 dollar checks we are getting are nothing compared to the provisions for companies and and the rich. it's the old look at my left hand and don't look at what the right hands doing. while we are being distracted by 1200 dollars they are giving themselves millions.

Basically its all bullsquate.
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Kind of depends where you live. I believe that 150-200K out west, San Fran area, isn't really all that much. Even other places, where the cost of living is considerably lower, 150K might not go as far as you think. That's about 8k a month. A 1500-1700 mortgage, utilities, two car payments (assuming both spouses work), insurance, health insurance, child care, that 8k is looking pretty slim. Now, should they not be stretched so tight, sure. And should the scale slide to where the lower the income, the higher the stimulus check, of course.

The real question is, where did we all of a sudden get 2.2 trillion dollars?! If we've got that laying around to send out stimulus checks, pay off some of the national debt with that. Juts a thought.

Peace

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
First what good does a curfew do? the hours most cities are setting are pointless. 10 PM to 5 am? Who is out then anyway and everything is closed anyhow. The worst anyone would be doing is driving and what harm does that do to anyone? I think it's just a way to get more money in the county cash box.

Unemployment. I understand the need and IM not saying people don't need unemployment. But 600 extra a week? people are at home and spending less money so why do benefits need to go up? Heck most people are now making more unemployed then they did at their regular job. I know several people who are now making more unemployed than they did working. They said they won't be in any hurry to look for work. why would they?

I understand there are all these things going on now but some of these solutions make zero sense.

Like the stimulus check thresholds. they are way too high. the threshold for a married couple to get a sliding scale check is 150 to 200 thousand dollars? IM sorry if you make 150 to 200 thousand dollars a year you in all likelihood don't need a check at all. Let alone a slide scale one that will probably be a couple hundred dollars. That will be nothing to them. while 1200 is a nice amount for poor families it will still leave them struggling. lower the thresholds and give more to the poor.

Did you know the stimulus bill is like 1100 pages long? thos 1200 dollar checks we are getting are nothing compared to the provisions for companies and and the rich. it's the old look at my left hand and don't look at what the right hands doing. while we are being distracted by 1200 dollars they are giving themselves millions.

Basically its all bullsquate.

True that people may be spending less due to many of the shelter in place orders. However, most (prob 90%) of the population has excessive debt that needs to be paid.

Just because a person files for unemployment doesn’t mean they are still collecting the same amount they were getting from their employer. In many instances most States have capped amounts as to what the unemployed can receive. So for instance if you were one making $50k-$100k annually and all of the sudden your job goes “poof” because it’s not essential due to COVID19, unless you had a very large savings (which most do not) and your State Unemployment only gives you $500 a week to survive - it’s easy to see the dominoes fall....

Even if those folks were not living above their means, they most likely still have debt and just receiving the State Unemployment value alone ain’t going to keep them afloat- mind you if anyone encounters unexpected expenses, such as medical care... You loose a good job, most likely your health benefits are gone too.

——

Did any of you read the stories that Wendy’s and Cheesecake Factory are unable to pay their upcoming rents? Multi-million dollar companies not being able to pay rent - is it mismanagement that they can’t pay rents in the event of this type of situation or those companies trying to take advantage of the COVID19 disbursements.

That 1100 page bill has stuff buried deep in it where people are going to find that the trillions IS still benefitting the rich, their businesses and lots of other fluff....

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
True that people may be spending less due to many of the shelter in place orders. However, most (prob 90%) of the population has excessive debt that needs to be paid.

Just because a person files for unemployment doesn’t mean they are still collecting the same amount they were getting from their employer. In many instances most States have capped amounts as to what the unemployed can receive. So for instance if you were one making $50k-$100k annually and all of the sudden your job goes “poof” because it’s not essential due to COVID19, unless you had a very large savings (which most do not) and your State Unemployment only gives you $500 a week to survive - it’s easy to see the dominoes fall....

Even if those folks were not living above their means, they most likely still have debt and just receiving the State Unemployment value alone ain’t going to keep them afloat- mind you if anyone encounters unexpected expenses, such as medical care... You loose a good job, most likely your health benefits are gone too.

——

Did any of you read the stories that Wendy’s and Cheesecake Factory are unable to pay their upcoming rents? Multi-million dollar companies not being able to pay rent - is it mismanagement that they can’t pay rents in the event of this type of situation or those companies trying to take advantage of the COVID19 disbursements.

That 1100 page bill has stuff buried deep in it where people are going to find that the trillions IS still benefitting the rich, their businesses and lots of other fluff....
I guess i'm just a little mean . I don't mean to be but.. Its like wendy's I guess. If you are personally making 100k to 200k a year and need a hand out after 1 month then you are living way beyond your means. An I still don't see why they should get a check. I dont have an issue with the 75k cap my issue is with the curved checks for those above it. lik if you make 190K a year as a married couple your gonna get a heck for like 100 bucks. why? and what good is 100 bucks gonna do a family making 200K My point is stop the curved payments over 75k and give more to the poor who are struggling to eat.

AS for wendy's.. I call BS. IN my county of 550k people almost no one ever went inside to eat fast food anyway before any of this. Their revenue was from drive through. And now every drive through in my area has double lines around the block. They aint hurting . and even if they were how does a billion dollar company fall short on rent in one month?

Our local county started a local business relief fund. And who are the ones in line with hands out? owners driving 130k cars and living in million dollar houses all claiming hardships.

This whole thing is BS nothing but more ways to put yet more money in the hands of the rich and keep the poor, poor.

Our county has 3 sick people from covid and all 3 are in the hospital yet millions and million and millions and millions have been marked for emergencies and this or that and is only going into the pockets of the rich. Where the hell is all this money going with only 3 sick people? by the numbers in my county i have better odds of being hit by lightning walking to my mailbox then getting covid yet 100s of millions are being spent???? where is it going???

like i said look at this 1200 check... dont look at what we are really doing...

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
First, checks are for people that were making below the threshold last year. Now they might be making exact zero. (disclaimer - I am getting nothing, neither is my wife).
What this is though, it's vote buying. It's pretty certain that all it matters for administration is winning elections, everything else is secondary. One of the means is maintaining decent economy, but that ship has sailed since those geniuses were thinking that denying reality was they way to do it.
$1200 is not going to help anyone if they can't find work for next three years, which is exactly where this situation is heading and which was to some extent completely preventable. Supposedly strong economy turns out to be one of world's weakest. generating gigantic unemployment rate in week and a half (compare to other countries). It was strong for corporations, not as much for everyone else.
I don't really care that people are getting money, what I care about is that focus should be on fighting the epidemic which to date has been a complete failure on federal level. Literally a disaster.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The curfews are a bandaid to keep idiots from gathering in groups and spreading this shit to people that think they’re invincible. Unfortunately it’s a must in population dense areas because people can’t think for themselves.

$1,200 stimulus checks are a nice gesture but aren’t going to do much for someone that has lost their job due to this virus. While it will put some food on the table, it will not float someone, nearly anyone to the other side of this. For people in extremely affordable areas maybe that’s two months rent, two mortgage payments, etc.

And yes, people need the unemployment boost. I am one of those that firmly believes in not taking government handouts, subsidies, etc unless absolutely needed and this is an “absolutely needed it “situation. For those fortunate enough to not be personally affected by this, it’s easy for the lense to be skewed.

The sad part is the politics behind this bill and the fact a lot more money could be pumped to people in need if the political agenda was just put to rest. It’s really disheartening our countries leaders are willing to gamble with peoples safety and lives to ensure their agendas are checked off before coming together to pass this bill. It’s actually disgraceful.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
The curfews are a bandaid to keep idiots from gathering in groups and spreading this shit to people that think they’re invincible. Unfortunately it’s a must in population dense areas because people can’t think for themselves.

$1,200 stimulus checks are a nice gesture but aren’t going to do much for someone that has lost their job due to this virus. While it will put some food on the table, it will not float someone, nearly anyone to the other side of this. For people in extremely affordable areas maybe that’s two months rent, two mortgage payments, etc.

And yes, people need the unemployment boost. I am one of those that firmly believes in not taking government handouts, subsidies, etc unless absolutely needed and this is an “absolutely needed it “situation. For those fortunate enough to not be personally affected by this, it’s easy for the lense to be skewed.

The sad part is the politics behind this bill and the fact a lot more money could be pumped to people in need if the political agenda was just put to rest. It’s really disheartening our countries leaders are willing to gamble with peoples safety and lives to ensure their agendas are checked off before coming together to pass this bill. It’s actually disgraceful.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

kaibab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt convertible California special
I believe this might be an answer...
93646BA7-E3ED-4B31-8D2A-9DA88BF91606.jpeg
4CC0AABF-1B76-4463-8AAB-37FD3CAA0A50.jpeg
The world banks will have to keep printing money until they realize the emperor has no pants, and when the massive defaults come it will be either seizing of bank accounts or devaluating all currencies to one global currency. Who’s going to give it up ?

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree that a $1200 check is pretty meaningless. So, whatever I get will be donated to the local food pantries. They are really hurting now.
That is awesome.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Not here for the political aspects, but $100,000 a year in California is equivalent to $30,000 a year in most other places.
A very plain 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, with almost no front or backyard in my town is $500,000. It's all based on cost of living. If I move 10 miles or one town south it's almost another $100,000 for the same house. And it keeps on getting higher and higher from there.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not here for the political aspects, but $100,000 a year in California is equivalent to $30,000 a year in most other places.
A very plain 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, with almost no front or backyard in my town is $500,000. It's all based on cost of living. If I move 10 miles or one town south it's almost another $100,000 for the same house. And it keeps on getting higher and higher from there.
My brother lived in Livermore. They bought their house in the tail end of the recession and sold last year.. made out like f’ing bandits and left for Arizona.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, you sweet summer child, $500k buys you a foreclosure in most of Long Island. When I say foreclosure, I mean truly unlivable, not just a vacant home.
Sounds like some high priced real estate there.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My brother lived in Livermore. They bought their house in the tail end of the recession and sold last year.. made out like f’ing bandits and left for Arizona.
I'm sure they're much happier in AZ too.
Sponsored