Sponsored

WOT Pulls

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Hey guys. I’m not trying to sound dumb here but I’m trying to figure out with a boosted mustang with manual transmission at what gear and rpm is it safe to make a WOT pull? With my factory boosted cars people usually agree on 1000rpm X the gear you are in (ex 3k rpm in 3rd gear). In my 2015 mustang with whipple I usually see a lot of positive knock in 3rd gear if WOT under 4K rpm or under 4.5k rpm in 4th gear on 91 or E85. I’m just trying to see if this or normal or if I should be looking for an issue. I’ve already looked for anything causing false knock and can’t find anything hitting. The car runs like a raped ape as long as I don’t do a WOT pull under those ranges I listed.
Sponsored

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys. I’m not trying to sound dumb here but I’m trying to figure out with a boosted mustang with manual transmission at what gear and rpm is it safe to make a WOT pull? With my factory boosted cars people usually agree on 1000rpm X the gear you are in (ex 3k rpm in 3rd gear). In my 2015 mustang with whipple I usually see a lot of positive knock in 3rd gear if WOT under 4K rpm or under 4.5k rpm in 4th gear on 91 or E85. I’m just trying to see if this or normal or if I should be looking for an issue. I’ve already looked for anything causing false knock and can’t find anything hitting. The car runs like a raped ape as long as I don’t do a WOT pull under those ranges I listed.
If your car Is tuned and setup properly you can make WOT pulls at anytime? As long as you hook and don't run into a wall

OP
OP

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I’ll give boostane a try but even on my conservative E85 tune I have the same issue. I know on my Focus RS if you do a wot pull in too high of a gear it can cause LSPI and I see knock. I wasn’t sure if a blower car is different.

imxz28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clark
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 2021 Tacoma Sport
what gear and rpm is it safe to make a WOT pull?
I will assume you know knock is most likely to occur at peak torque which in a stock Coyote will land between 4k-5k.
That's right where you will see the most knock

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Got a log of this happening? What are your fuel trims? Any Codes? What kind of fuel system? Has it always done this, or did it previously run correctly? Who installed everything? My point is, there's a 100 things that can cause knock. The more detail you give people, the more they can help you.
Sponsored