William518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine in yellow. I did the caliper paint first, but it came out too streaky for my taste (likely user error). If you go with caliper paint, I'd definitely recommend buying a few higher quality brushes, as mentioned above. I had them powder coated and clear coated a few weeks ago, and they turned out amazing, wish I had gone that route in the beginning. The powder coating only cost $375 after taxes, and was done in 2 days. If you go with any color other than red, I'd also recommend buying the "." decal to go in your 5.0 emblem to match the calipers, it really gives it a finished look. You can see what I'm talking about in the 2nd picture I'm posting. They sell them at Anchor Room.
The first 3 pictures I'm posting of of the car after I had the calipers powder coated, the last 2 pictures are of the calipers after I painted them, before I had them powder coated.
IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG
That yellow using powder coat looks nice! I do like yellow dot too in the 5.0.
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Go with the bright green. Thatvwould look hot on the orange.

We might be doing the green on my son's silver Camaro. Or purple, his other choice.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I've been struggling with finding the right color to go on my Royal Crimson. I wonder what that green would look like. Anyone have any ideas?

OP
OP
FamilymanGT

FamilymanGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am about to pull the trigger on yellow, but kinda think the lime would look killer with velocity blue. Most opinions have been for yellow and some have said lime green would look like a drug dealer

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Either color will work. Go green!

Sponsored

OP
OP
FamilymanGT

FamilymanGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just ordered the lime green kit from G2. We shall see how it turns out. Thanks for the opinions guys.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Today i decided to test fit the new rims on the front to see if they clear the Brembo brakes and everything is fine. I did the same before with the rear and also was as expected.

Also decided to evaluate what color i will be painting the Calipers and did some tests as i decided to avoid the red combination everybody have. The final contenders are the Silver and the OEM Brembo color. The Silver will match perfectly with the rim letters. If i go with the OEM Brembo color i will have to try to get that same color for the rear and cover them with clear for the gloss and paint the cap letters red.

Pics attached to help me decide.
caliper-copper-jpg.jpg
caliper-fabrica-con-aro-jpg.jpg
caliper-silver-jpg.jpg
caliper-nissan-sunset-orange2-jpg.jpg
Caliper Rojo.jpg

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Alright guys, I know some people love them and some people hate them...painted calipers. I have a base 2019 Velocity Blue GT. I am painting the calipers, but stuck on three colors...blue, red, or yellow (debated on lime green). I am assuming a G2 paint kit. Let me hear the I put on color please.

TIA,
I would go with yellow for velocity blue. The contrast of these 2 colors really works.

Last edited:

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10