Sponsored

Ford to build respirators instead of Mustangs

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Now you're just being a dick. You've try to pass things off, and claim you "get it now", but you obviously don't. Stop being a selfish jerk, and go drive your Mondeo.
He really is being a dick. I cant communicate with him anymore. I just cant.

Thanks for having my back :rockon:
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Now you're just being a dick. You've try to pass things off, and claim you "get it now", but you obviously don't. Stop being a selfish jerk, and go drive your Mondeo.
Don’t think he really meant it that way but that’s the way it came across.

Fun fact;
Population of Romania (2018) 19.53 million
Population of New York State (2029) 19.54 million

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I appreciate these are scary, anxious and concerning times..........lets not take it out on each other on a forum that should be a fun place to escape.

The "ignore" function might be useful. Go into a user's profile and you'll find it top right :like:

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I know it well, beautiful area. How are you with supplies, etc.
Very Low.

I appreciate these are scary, anxious and concerning times..........lets not take it out on each other on a forum that should be a fun place to escape.

The "ignore" function might be useful. Go into a user's profile and you'll find it top right :like:

Thanks. I didn't think of that.
I just realized I'm not gonna win the internet today

Done :rockon:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Nassau here, but does it count if I'm a transplant from south Jersey?
Mik, you count regardless of where you are from. :handshake::beer: My 91 yo Father in Law is in a nursing home in Commack. One Brother in Law in Massapequa and one in Shirley. Younger daughter in Englishtown.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Ulster County.
Were not NYC crazy insane but its still bad.
Used to live in Pawling, just east of you, baxk when I was 9 or 10. Beautiful country. We had an old 40 or 41 Ford pickup that dad would drive and my brother and I would ride standing on the running boards. Some really neat back roads.

Stay safe. I've got a cousin who's a nurse in Denver. Tough times for the medical pros right now.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Some people seem to be convinced that I'm so eager to have my Mustang that I would like Ford to build it no matter what. That I would be happy if they sent the workers back to the assembly line to build my car, even at the expense of their lives. How they got this idea into their heads is beyond me, since I never said anything like that. Anyway, that couldn't be further from the truth.

When I said you were overestimating my desire to have my Mustang, I meant it.
This is a really special car. It's a special car even in the States, let alone on a continent where a dreary 1.3 liter washing machine on wheels can pass as a 'car'. It's so special that the idea of owning and driving one has finally overwhelmed me and has caused me to do something stupid - namely, go to the local dealer and order one. And for a while I was happy about it. For a while I kept dreaming about driving it and about bathing in the glorious sound of an American V8. But then, as time went by, I started coming to my senses. And I realized what a mistake I seem to have made, for several reasons:

1. The plethora of manufacturing faults people keep complaining about on these forums is discouraging to say the least. The more I read about them, the more I wonder what on Earth I got myself into. I want a powerful car, but am I willing to sacrifice everything in the way of refinement for the sake of that power? I don't know. I used to think I was, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

2. This is an expensive car to own. The yearly tax for a five liter engine in Romania is approximately two thousand dollars. Each year, not just one time. Not to mention insurance and fuel consumption. It's a major, major expense. I did take everything into account and decided that yes, I can afford that and I'm willing to accept it for the sake of a really special car.
But now the circumstances have changed. The economic crisis that will follow is going to be massive. It's going to hit us harder than we can imagine. It will make the 2008 financial crisis seem like a light breeze by comparison. I'm not sure I will be able to afford it any longer. Even if I could for a while, I'm not sure it will be wise to pour so much money into what, when all is said and done, is just a flashy toy, at a time when everybody's future, including my own, is uncertain.

3. Being so fascinated by the idea of getting a Mustang, I failed to think about how extraordinarily conspicuous it will be around here. There are very few Mustangs here, and most of them are Ecoboosts. A GT, especially a red one with white stripes, will stand out like sore thumb. It will be so damn obvious any time, anywhere, people will stare at it and at me, they will recognize me and the car everywhere... I'm a discreet kind of person, who likes to keep a low profile. And there's going to be nothing 'low' about a GT. I didn't think of that, but now I finally am, and it scares me.
I'm sure I'll love it on a highway at 100 mph. But will I love driving it home in urban traffic after a hard day's work? I don't know. I didn't think this through, and now it's too late.

4. The car is very expensive to buy and extremely difficult to sell. The depreciation will be staggering. This is not a car you can buy, keep for a season, then sell if you don't get along with it. There's almost no market for a five liter engine here, due to point 2 above. So once I buy it, I will be stuck with it for a long time. And that's a scary thought due to points 1, 2 and 3 above.

Now, I am a man of my word. When I make a decision, I stand by it whether I like it or not. I would never go back to the dealer and say "I've changed my mind, please cancel the order". And it's not just the loss of the advance payment; even if I could get my money back I still wouldn't do it. I've known that dealer for four years, I've bought two cars from him, this will be the third. I would die of shame if I had to do that. I promised I will buy that car, so I will.
However, if somehow I am offered the chance of getting out of this honourably, I will probably take it. I will act upset, but deep inside I'll be glad.

So, if you think I'd be happy to see the Ford workforce sent to a certain death just to have my Mustang built, you couldn't be further from the truth. Quite the contrary.

That's why I'm surprised at the amount of abuse I'm getting from two seemingly old and respected members, whom I used to look up to, just because they seem to think they know what's in my mind better than I do. And they have the nerve to call me a dick. Go figure...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Some people seem to be convinced that I'm so eager to have my Mustang that I would like Ford to build it no matter what. That I would be happy if they sent the workers back to the assembly line to build my car, even at the expense of their lives. How they got this idea into their heads is beyond me, since I never said anything like that. Anyway, that couldn't be further from the truth.

When I said you were overestimating my desire to have my Mustang, I meant it.
This is a really special car. It's a special car even in the States, let alone on a continent where a dreary 1.3 liter washing machine on wheels can pass as a 'car'. It's so special that the idea of owning and driving one has finally overwhelmed me and has caused me to do something stupid - namely, go to the local dealer and order one. And for a while I was happy about it. For a while I kept dreaming about driving it and about bathing in the glorious sound of an American V8. But then, as time went by, I started coming to my senses. And I realized what a mistake I seem to have made, for several reasons:

1. The plethora of manufacturing faults people keep complaining about on these forums is discouraging to say the least. The more I read about them, the more I wonder what on Earth I got myself into. I want a powerful car, but am I willing to sacrifice everything in the way of refinement for the sake of that power? I don't know. I used to think I was, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

2. This is an expensive car to own. The yearly tax for a five liter engine in Romania is approximately two thousand dollars. Each year, not just one time. Not to mention insurance and fuel consumption. It's a major, major expense. I did take everything into account and decided that yes, I can afford that and I'm willing to accept it for the sake of a really special car.
But now the circumstances have changed. The economic crisis that will follow is going to be massive. It's going to hit us harder than we can imagine. It will make the 2008 financial crisis seem like a light breeze by comparison. I'm not sure I will be able to afford it any longer. Even if I could for a while, I'm not sure it will be wise to pour so much money into what, when all is said and done, is just a flashy toy, at a time when everybody's future, including my own, is uncertain.

3. Being so fascinated by the idea of getting a Mustang, I failed to think about how extraordinarily conspicuous it will be around here. There are very few Mustangs here, and most of them are Ecoboosts. A GT, especially a red one with white stripes, will stand out like sore thumb. It will be so damn obvious any time, anywhere, people will stare at it and at me, they will recognize me and the car everywhere... I'm a discreet kind of person, who likes to keep a low profile. And there's going to be nothing 'low' about a GT. I didn't think of that, but now I finally am, and it scares me.
I'm sure I'll love it on a highway at 100 mph. But will I love driving it home in urban traffic after a hard day's work? I don't know. I didn't think this through, and now it's too late.

4. The car is very expensive to buy and extremely difficult to sell. The depreciation will be staggering. This is not a car you can buy, keep for a season, then sell if you don't get along with it. There's almost no market for a five liter engine here, due to point 2 above. So once I buy it, I will be stuck with it for a long time. And that's a scary thought due to points 1, 2 and 3 above.

Now, I am a man of my word. When I make a decision, I stand by it whether I like it or not. I would never go back to the dealer and say "I've changed my mind, please cancel the order". And it's not just the loss of the advance payment; even if I could get my money back I still wouldn't do it. I've known that dealer for four years, I've bought two cars from him, this will be the third. I would die of shame if I had to do that. I promised I will buy that car, so I will.
However, if somehow I am offered the chance of getting out of this honourably, I will probably take it. I will act upset, but deep inside I'll be glad.

So, if you think I'd be happy to see the Ford workforce sent to a certain death just to have my Mustang built, you couldn't be further from the truth. Quite the contrary.

That's why I'm surprised at the amount of abuse I'm getting from two seemingly old and respected members, whom I used to look up to, just because they seem to think they know what's in my mind better than I do. And they have the nerve to call me a dick. Go figure...
Doesn't Vlad mean Dick in Romanian? Only kidding. Listen everyone is a little on edge both here and in Europe (actually the entire world for that matter). There is no context in writing so it is easy for someone to take something the wrong way. We now totally understand where you are coming from. Let's just drop this and get back to the actual topic.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
As if things aren't bad enough with nerves on edge, cabin fever, and a very real disease lurking around, somebody just HAD to bring up politics.
I'm glad Ford, GM, and so many others have stepped up to help. Talking about Mustangs and other cars are an escape and stress reliever from a stressful situation. Pointing fingers, picking on people, or trying to make political points doesn't help.
Sponsored