Sponsored

Will Trump take ANY blame for a tanked market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
The UK measures dwarf that per capita. A single payment of $1200 (+$500 per child) compared to as much as £2500 per month for employees in the UK, so up to £5000 per household (80% of normal salary up to £2500 each)

In theory nobody need lose their job because the state is paying their salary. This is massive.
Ever think about where all that money is coming from? Think GB has it sitting around in a vault in the Tower of London?
Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
The UK measures dwarf that per capita. A single payment of $1200 (+$500 per child) compared to as much as £2500 per month for employees in the UK, so up to £5000 per household (80% of normal salary up to £2500 each)

In theory nobody need lose their job because the state is paying their salary. This is massive.
Why go back to work at all?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Ever think about where all that money is coming from? Think GB has it sitting around in a vault in the Tower of London?
Indeed but the current predictions still suggest that after COVID the UK will still be borrowing less than France before it started ! You can go without spending the money but what sort of state will the country be in afterwards. This is a very different set of circumstances to a lot of economic downturns in that it should be short lived and viable companies just need a bit of help to come out the other side. If loads go bust there will not be anything to lead the recovery, or at least it will be very delayed.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Is that another veiled insult? I don't see any wisdom here.

As a matter of fact I do, I am not impressed. Civil debates are possible when both sides are willing to stop shouting insults and behave like adults. I would be happy to debate this with you if you stopped insulting me. Sometimes the (US, the people) and the (US, the gov) are diametrically opposed. If you think that our government operated efficiently and with the best interests of freedom and prosperity to the people it is supposed to SERVE, then please by all means give me some examples.
Ken doll goes in blue box....Barbie doll goes in Red box is a simple point of view and convenient. Use it at you see fit.
Not here to impres anyone .....but happy to call out bull poop when I read it.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

I can name plenty of private companies out of business. They start with these letters.... trump
I know it easy for you to be ignorant....appears to come naturally
Very easy to spot a shallow liberal mind, no civil debates are possible without resorting to insults. If your argument has no validity, resort to shouting and insults.

Ken box....Barbie box
I get it

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetnoise said:
The ...I never have but nonetheless am an expert on the subject is expected from you. Do you even know anyone employed by the govt?
No civil debates are possible when ignorance abounds.
Don’t confuse support for the US & it’s govt as nefarious ...you’ve made it clear you do.
As a matter of fact I do, I am not impressed

Your coworkers say what?
Your boss say what?
Impressing you ? Is impressioning you what all things are measured on?
Funny

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And what was the point to the someone else?
Just following the thread ....
If I wanted you to know, i would tell you. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I wanted you to know, i would tell you. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Ahhhh ....Being too smart for your own good is a tough one
I get it

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
So he likes to claim the market when it’s up....that he caused it. But funny thing, now that it’s tanked he’s blaming others...so now why is that? How convieeeeeent! The virus is just the trigger, the huge federal deficit is lurking and the PE ratios are out of whack not to mention bond inversions. Fire away now!!
Inquiring minds want to know. Were you singing his praises when the market was breaking records daily? Methinks not.... He sure as hell didn't create the huge federal deficit. He did what every other administration has done. Spend money we don't have. Name me the politician running on making cuts to Medicare and SS so they can really cut the deficit. There is your crickets...

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
At the end of the day all any of us can do is wash our hands, don't touch our faces and try not to have anyone cough at us. This is going to get far worse before it gets better. I'm going to go out and drive my Mustang. Spewing carbon emissions doesn't seem so bad now. :frown:
Have to say this man. Appx half the deaths were from the foolish decisions to put COVID positive patients in the MOST suseptable population. Nursing homes. Take those deaths out of the equation, who also would have likely died from pnemonia, slip and fall, common cold or of whatever put them there and may have been days or weeks of dying from something not COVID. Now look at the death rate. Again, cut what is real by half and look at the death rate. It is NOT THAT BAD for people who aren't end of life, or high risk. What we have done to our economy, the fear we have instilled in our society is INSANE based on what the death rate actually is (or should be if you don't put them in freaking high risk populations of elderly sick people). Our kids are scared to death to talk to or be around their friends. People who really needed to go to the doctor didn't because they wanted to save the space for COVID patients who never turned up and those people died of non-COVID ailments. Do we have a vaccine for the Cold or Flu? No. Can a cold kill a 90 year old with horrible lungs? Damn right. Yet, we never held our kids out of school because they might catch the flu even though they could give it to grama and bad things. We've allowed our elected officials to tell us only 50 people in church and you can't sing, but gather by the thousands in the streets or hundreds around the craps tables and we are doing it. Is COVID highly contagious? Yes. Is it highly dangerous?? Unless you are in a high risk population it isn't. Certainly not enough to allow our nation to be scared shitless and put in a bubble while tanking our economy.

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Once again you have no grasp of science or actual facts, as you watch Fox News. Saying that these people would have died from slips or trips is just as dumb as Trump promoting the Nigerian doctor that claims demons are impregnating women. Hell yes I suppose a meteorite could fall from space and kill me or maybe a plane hits a flock of migrating geese and crashes into the Kroger’s I’m shopping at. Plenty of people under 60 with no health problems have died from it. I have three friends with relatives that died from it, all seemingly healthy with no previous conditions. I have no problems with Trumpers getting it and dying, I encourage them to party on and not to wear masks. Let’s see what happens...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.