Sponsored

finally getting back into a mustang maybe

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
so about a year and half ago i was carjacked, needless to say car was recovered but totaled which sucked as i was almost done paying off the car. between starting a new career where i have a take home vehicle and dealing with the stress associated with everything ive been out of a mustang but dying to get back into one lol. heres my question im looking at a 2019 base gt with performance pack, 10 speed , and the upgraded 8 inch unit vs the 4 inch base radio black on black car. im going after the 0% apr for 84 months ive been quoted 44k out the door on the car with that particular incentive. sticker on the car is 44k im wondering is this a good price or is there more room to haggle? if so what should be my target out the door price? im in florida any help will be appreciated. im in no need of the car so i feel i have the upper hand here as i can walk away.
Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i just bought end of feb, out the door for 42k.. msrp was 49k

specs under my profile pic..

i think there is room left to negotiate. if they're not saying no, they're still making money :wink:

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
My 2 cents...
you should be able to get at least 10% knocked off the sticker price, and quite possibly more.
My limited experience in Oregon is that some dealers are more interested in selling cars than others.
Wishing you the best with your new Mustang search!

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
By taking the 0% you normally give up a majority of other rebates. But still it seems they can come off the price more. Being at sticker out the door isn’t a great deal.
I know it’s a different car but I was 44k out the door on my 19 Bullitt.
There is definitely more wiggle room.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
well original deal fell through and i was offered 45k out the door on this car with 0% apr for 72 months on this car
https://mullinaxford.com/sale/ford-mustang-gt/2020-ford-mustang-gt-1fa6p8cf0l5123458

i feel that is high any opinions ?
Besides the 0% are there any other rebates?
More or less they are going 1700 ish under sticker which isn’t a whole lot.
Considering all that is going on in the world I would expect to be under x plan price no matter what.
But yes I think that’s high.

OP
OP

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
Besides the 0% are there any other rebates?
More or less they are going 1700 ish under sticker which isn’t a whole lot.
Considering all that is going on in the world I would expect to be under x plan price no matter what.
But yes I think that’s high.
im thinking i should be at 40k out the door

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
im thinking i should be at 40k out the door
then offer it worst thing they can do is say no and counter offer. Just tell them do 40 and I’ll sign right now.
I just bought a raptor and offered a very low amount from asking (granted this was used) and the dealer was so pressed to make sales that they agreed didn’t even counter.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
well original deal fell through and i was offered 45k out the door on this car with 0% apr for 72 months on this car
https://mullinaxford.com/sale/ford-mustang-gt/2020-ford-mustang-gt-1fa6p8cf0l5123458

i feel that is high any opinions ?
Yeah, I feel thats way high for a car that MSRPs for 45k. My car MSRP'd at 50k, and before my trade i was at 43k OTD. I took the $2,500 in rebates they had in march instead of the 0%. Even then tho, if I took the 0% instead I'd have been at 45k. So 5k off MSRP OTD. That car is at 1k above MSRP. I bought at Brandon Ford, also in FL. I'd consider trying to make a deal with them. They have tons of PP mustangs.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ive been quoted 44k out the door on the car with that particular incentive. sticker on the car is 44k im wondering is this a good price or is there more room to haggle?
that's the ripoff of the century. Sure, it's not black (in FL heat?) This is what you can buy for a lot less than 44K.
https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-401bae280a0e0ae72bc437501d6a7845.htm

If you don't want to drive all the way back (RU really going to pass up the BlueRidge and the backroads of all the states between VA and Miami) then book the Amtrak Autotrain. Leaves from Lorton VA.

Sponsored
OP
OP

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
that's the ripoff of the century. Sure, it's not black (in FL heat?) This is what you can buy for a lot less than 44K.
https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-401bae280a0e0ae72bc437501d6a7845.htm

If you don't want to drive all the way back (RU really going to pass up the BlueRidge and the backroads of all the states between VA and Miami) then book the Amtrak Autotrain. Leaves from Lorton VA.

i agree but im curious how hard it would be to negotiate with them over the phone i just called waiting for a call back for an out the door price

OP
OP

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
Yeah, I feel thats way high for a car that MSRPs for 45k. My car MSRP'd at 50k, and before my trade i was at 43k OTD. I took the $2,500 in rebates they had in march instead of the 0%. Even then tho, if I took the 0% instead I'd have been at 45k. So 5k off MSRP OTD. That car is at 1k above MSRP. I bought at Brandon Ford, also in FL. I'd consider trying to make a deal with them. They have tons of PP mustangs.

ive been talking to brandon ford have an otd price of 41k on a 43k sticker car they wont budge

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i bought from mullinax in palm beach end of feb.. i feel they gave me a great deal (scroll up to post #2).. have you talked with them?

of course the more $$ you spend, the more $$ they can save you.. maybe base GT's, historically, will sell quicker than a GT premium, which then allows them to offer bigger discounts for premiums.. i dont know.. but it sure seems like there is still some money to be saved with the quotes you've gotten thus far.. keep at it, the right deal will pop up eventually...

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
My 2cents. No matter what there will always be someone out there that "got a better deal" in the end you have to be happy with what you are buying and paying for it. If you feel its a good deal thats all that matters. I got my Nov 2017 built MY2018 in May 2018. MSRP5 50k. it was memorial day sell and so was already marked down, we haggled a little more. I knew the salesmen so it wasn't hard. AFTERWARDS i hit him with the prior military and private cash. i paid OTD 39k and some change.. really closer to 40k i believe. I dont finance taxes and all that, so that was all i put down, the TTL of it all.. The car was sitting and the holiday sale and my cash back was the reason. IO fel i got a great deal but not everyone would be able to do the same. BUT i couldn't pay OTD any where close to sticker right now. just no way... If they wont drop anymore then go to a different dealership. different state what ever you need to do to get the deal you want. Some HAVE to test drive the car first, my last 5 cars first time i drove them was after papers signed on the way home, 3 of them i didnt even sit in those cars until the drive home.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Haha Danny I'm also in the search for my 2020 GT Premium. I found one that MSRP was $53,856 but they are letting it go OTD for $50,103 but I know I can get them lower. I'm trying to shot for $47,500 or $47,000. Maybe if we both but from the same dealer we could get it cheaper.

Im in palm beach county.
Sponsored

Last edited: