MAP Turbo + Install Guide

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
In your opinions what are the best and most reliable turbo kits out there for the ecoboost? I don't want to mess with the fuel system or block. I'm perfectly content with 400hp to the wheels and it being completely reliable. Are Map turbo kits twin scroll, if there are not do you guys recommend twin scroll as opposed to something else?
The best kit in my opinion is the 7064 twin scroll from Full Race. At this time it, FFTEC and CP-E kits will be the only twin scroll EFR kits. This means they are very expensive as they have expensive HQ turbos.

Next, The MAP kit is ok but TBH I didnt like the 5558. In my opinion the lag to was bad enough that I didnt even like driving the car. So I decided with a lot of research to move to the GTX2867r.

I love the turbo so far. It is the most responsive single scroll turbo. The 7064 reaches 20psi at 3k where as the 2867r reaches 20psi around 3200.

Cost wise this becomes very affordable and reliable turbo kit. Adam from tune+ has worked with MAP to sell this new setup as a kit. At this time I have not go to the dyno to see what it makes on 93 but will be going soon after Adam and I finalize my meth tunes so I can do back to back pulls on the same dyno with the same conditions to comp[are how this turbo does on 93 and 93 with meth.

Here is a video of a 1-3 pull on 93. As you can see the turbo spools really quick.

[ame]

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
The best kit in my opinion is the 7064 twin scroll from Full Race. At this time it, FFTEC and CP-E kits will be the only twin scroll EFR kits. This means they are very expensive as they have expensive HQ turbos.

Next, The MAP kit is ok but TBH I didnt like the 5558. In my opinion the lag to was bad enough that I didnt even like driving the car. So I decided with a lot of research to move to the GTX2867r.

I love the turbo so far. It is the most responsive single scroll turbo. The 7064 reaches 20psi at 3k where as the 2867r reaches 20psi around 3200.

Cost wise this becomes very affordable and reliable turbo kit. Adam from tune+ has worked with MAP to sell this new setup as a kit. At this time I have not go to the dyno to see what it makes on 93 but will be going soon after Adam and I finalize my meth tunes so I can do back to back pulls on the same dyno with the same conditions to comp[are how this turbo does on 93 and 93 with meth.

Here is a video of a 1-3 pull on 93. As you can see the turbo spools really quick.

this is actually incorrect
the cp-e kit is the only true twin scroll cast 304 manifold kit that supports up to the largest 9100 series EFR turbos

the full race kits are true twin scroll as well that fit up to the 7100 series EFR's but the fftec you mentioned is a single scroll design

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Scott Wilson thank you very much, you and tune + have given me a way clearer vision when it comes to the turbo kits offered. I've learned a lot these last couple of days. And he did mention the gtx2867r as being the second best option behind the 7176 full race kit. What did the gtx kit provide with the kit? And if you don't mind me asking what did it run you to put the System in your ecoboost! Are you manual or auto?

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for sharing the info on the 2867. I'm guessing it is now running faster than ever. Do you notice any lag at all?

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Scott Wilson thank you very much, you and tune + have given me a way clearer vision when it comes to the turbo kits offered. I've learned a lot these last couple of days. And he did mention the gtx2867r as being the second best option behind the 7176 full race kit. What did the gtx kit provide with the kit? And if you don't mind me asking what did it run you to put the System in your ecoboost! Are you manual or auto?
Remember to do some research with other tuners/ shops. Get the ins and outs of each setup and then make a decision based on many different variables not just one persons opinion. Tune+ does good work no doubt but there is a lot more info and opinions out there.Scott did put together a nice setup option, nice job on that sir.

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Apwrx, its obvious that the twin scroll is the best turbo for these cars. The single scrolls make big power but it's doesn't mean anything if it takes forever to get there, the Gtx2867r would probably be the only single scroll option I would consider. Possibly the Vargas stage 2 if the results are favorable after a while. I was trying to do a all in one type of deal but it seems to me like it's better to get your bolt ons situated before you jump into a turbo. I plan on going with a Atm intercooler with there charge pipes, either a Jlt intake or Map intake , a Map uncatted down pipe and either a Krona, Full race or Map exhaust system. Turbo smart bov, possibly a wastegate actuator and a upr catch can. After these bolt ons unless anyone knows of a better tuner I was gonna use a Cobb access port and get one of Adams tunes. Let me know if you see any flaws in my set up and advice is well received.

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Apwrx with that set of boltons I figure I can easily untilize the Gtx2867r or Vargas stage 2 till I can afford to go to the twin scroll. And I would only have to change the intake and the downpipe and manifold with the turbo and keep everything else.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Apwrx, its obvious that the twin scroll is the best turbo for these cars. The single scrolls make big power but it's doesn't mean anything if it takes forever to get there, the Gtx2867r would probably be the only single scroll option I would consider. Possibly the Vargas stage 2 if the results are favorable after a while. I was trying to do a all in one type of deal but it seems to me like it's better to get your bolt ons situated before you jump into a turbo. I plan on going with a Atm intercooler with there charge pipes, either a Jlt intake or Map intake , a Map uncatted down pipe and either a Krona, Full race or Map exhaust system. Turbo smart bov, possibly a wastegate actuator and a upr catch can. After these bolt ons unless anyone knows of a better tuner I was gonna use a Cobb access port and get one of Adams tunes. Let me know if you see any flaws in my set up and advice is well received.
I think the forever lag is made a bit bigger deal than it is. If you're looking at 2 kits and they are close to the same price definitely go twin.I will say get your future turbo figured out first. Most turbos require different intakes, charge pipe, and downpipe than stock. If you want to slowly piece Together boltons than add a turbo the vargas is the only one that will work. Adams 1 of a few solid tuner options whichever route you go, This platform has great tuners involved.

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Makes sense from what I've seen if I'm gonna do twin scroll it will be full race if I'm gonna do single scroll it will probably be the Gtx2867r. Not quite sure how much cheaper the single gtx is. And I guess Vargas would be my option if I were to piece it together just want to make sure it's reliable to consider it.

Jayysus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost w/premium package
To fix the issue with the links - all you have to do is delete the .jpg at the end of the links. If you do this you will be able to see the images in imgur.

1. Rright-click on one
2. Select 'open in new tab'
3. Delete .jpg from address
4. Click enter

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
PS we are offering GTX with our turbo kit and soon EFR options in our TK, along with the individual exhaust port head from the EDM Focus in Adam's car soon ;)

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
Does anyone have pictures of their MAPerformance 5862 turbo kit? Im confused because both the stock FoMo turbo and NX2 turbo have 4 ports each on the turbo's, 2? oil lines and 2? coolant lines. But this MAP 5862 only has two ports. I took two pictures that shows what ports im talking about. Any close up pictures would be appreciated.
20200330_102241.jpg
20200330_102327.jpg

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
It's not a water-cooled turbo. That's it.
Yeah MAPerformance was able to get back to me, and they did say that. I might revise this thread or should I start another thread because my kit was a little diff. from this one?

Last edited: