Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
If the FRAP produces the GT350/R's and the GT500's up and until late August of 2020 as they did last year I suggest that most enthusiasts should be okay especially if this is the last production year for the GT350/R!

:like::like:
Well, it appears that FRAP will be manufacturing 52,000 respirators for 100 days. That would be until early July. I’m truly wondering, what does that mean for 350/R production?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/04/01/coronavirus-ford-flatrock-assembly-plant-respirators/
Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well, it appears that FRAP will be manufacturing 52,000 respirators for 100 days. That would be until early July. I’m truly wondering, what does that mean for 350/R production?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/04/01/coronavirus-ford-flatrock-assembly-plant-respirators/
Until Ford confirms what exactly their upcoming plans are for the FRAP the information recently provided by the UAW Facebook post doesn't really tell us or confirm a great deal.

Certainly the health and safety for all UAW and non union workers at the FRAP is paramount and is a looming and extremely important factor as to how both the company and union proceeds from here.

Not sure if you have visited this ~3,000,000 square foot assembly plant but personally I would have a difficult time imagining a select group of UAW volunteers requiring all of this assembly plant to produce respirators and would hope that the plant could return to work for Mustang/Lincoln production soon and work side by side with the UAW workers manufacturing respirators but that may not be the case.

If that is indeed the case and with this plant possibly being out of commission for automotive production until early July and if Mustang production only resumes starting in the early summer I then suggest that production for our 2020 MY Mustangs will be extended out until the late Fall and that 2020 production scheduling could be moved out as far as November or December.

It is my hope that Dearborn will provide a news bulletin very soon confirming all of their intentions for the FRAP as that would be very helpful for all of us Mustang/Shelby GT350 & GT500 enthusiasts.

:sunglasses:

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
It’s not a typical GT350 I am talking about but the statement from Ford “LIMITED EDITION HERITAGE PACKAGE”. I could hear the salesman now “it’s a collectible and Ford is make very few of them”. I don’t think I’m saying anything new that most Ford dealers play these games. It’s up to the buyer in the end to make the decision.
Ford stated the same for the GT350 and GT350R and was supposed to be a 2 year run (2016-2017) with the initial 2015 run. If the demand is there then Ford may produce more of the "LIMITED EDITION HERITAGE PACKAGE". Its all about business and $$$$

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
PP0001, did you see any unused space at the FR plant when you visited it ? I recall reading about unused space at the plant was to be setup for making respirators. If so , I would think if Ford assembly line employees have enough safety equipment on hand , they could build Mustangs while other employees are making respirators.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
PP0001, did you see any unused space at the FR plant when you visited it ? I recall reading about unused space at the plant was to be setup for making respirators. If so , I would think if Ford assembly line employees have enough safety equipment on hand , they could build Mustangs while other employees are making respirators.
I can honestly say that because the FRAP is so vast that I cannot confirm one way or another whether the FRAP has any unused space.

Having said that I have a difficult time imagining that the volunteer UAW workers and subsequent manufacturing equipment for respirators would encompass the complete FR assembly plant therefore I would hope that the plant could accommodate manufacturing for both respirators and all Mustangs models at the same time.

:)

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
Here are some pictures of a 1 of 1 2016 GT350R that is the only R model that came from the FRAP with a full back seat.

:sunglasses:
DSCF1796.JPG
I was really hoping the R HEP came with blue stitching like this. I would have been all over that.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I can honestly say that because the FRAP is so vast that I cannot confirm one way or another whether the FRAP has any unused space.

Having said that I have a difficult time imagining that the volunteer UAW workers and subsequent manufacturing equipment for respirators would encompass the complete FR assembly plant therefore I would hope that the plant could accommodate manufacturing for both respirators and all Mustangs models at the same time.

I thought I read in the Free Press that the respirators will be built in a satellite building. I believe they called it the Rousch building........

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I was really hoping the R HEP came with blue stitching like this. I would have been all over that.
This is the only thing I'm not that sure about. They changed all red badging to Guardsman Blue and removed the red inserts on the seats, but left the stitching red...

I thought I had read early on that they were going to do something special with the valve covers, but they look the same to me as any 350.

I'm not complaining. I still love it. I'm just waiting to see if anyone else gets an R so we can see what's up with the dash plaque on mine and LR003. I feel like they should all be like mine, but mine was a pre-production unit. It still makes no sense that LR003 wouldn't have the GT350R emblem on the badge.

Anyone else receive a GT350R HEP yet?

Sponsored

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
So while my Tracker shows in production--this is what my dealer told me:

"I can’t confirm it’s on hold because the ventilator situation. But i know it’s on hold because states aren’t allowing transportation of cars at the moment. Your car is in Fords body shop which tells me they would be applying spoiler and accessories."
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 3.44.12 PM.png

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
This is the only thing I'm not that sure about. They changed all red badging to Guardsman Blue and removed the red inserts on the seats, but left the stitching red...

I thought I had read early on that they were going to do something special with the valve covers, but they look the same to me as any 350.

I'm not complaining. I still love it. I'm just waiting to see if anyone else gets an R so we can see what's up with the dash plaque on mine and LR003. I feel like they should all be like mine, but mine was a pre-production unit. It still makes no sense that LR003 wouldn't have the GT350R emblem on the badge.

Per fords tracking site, my car should be delivered today! I am anxiously awaiting the call from my dealerships GM...

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Based on my experience of having owned a number of R's along with having been around numerous Pilot Production R models it is my opinion and based on history that the dash plaque for LR003 is a factory mistake and feel confident that all future 2020 R model dash plaques will be issued just the same as yours.

Attached are pictures of dash plaques for 3 Pilot Production R models along with a couple of pictures for my regular production R models and suggest that all 2020 R's will have the same dash plaque configuration.

Interesting story on chassis number "HR001" which was built for Jamal Hameedi back in February, 2016 as a 2017MY R.

I was able to locate this vehicle based on a tip from some friends at Ford that this cool R had just sold at Manheim in Detroit and that it was sitting somewhere in the Midwest and located it sitting at a dealership in Indiana.

Because the VIN for chassis # HR001 ended in "H5200003" the selling dealership was advertising and selling this car as the 3rd R model built for the 2017 MY and as we all know the VIN of a vehicle has nothing to do with the build sequence for any of our cars.

Luckily the dealership did not look at the dash plaque on this car after which time I suggested to a great friend in Georgia that he purchase this car based on my understanding that it was car #1 with the rest being history as it now sits in Augusta, Georgia.

IMG952816.png
IMG_0081.JPG
DSCF2179.JPG
DSCF1597.JPG
DSCF2463.JPG

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Per fords tracking site, my car should be delivered today! I am anxiously awaiting the call from my dealerships GM...
Update: Salesman called and said it may be Monday now because Ford wants to send someone down to “disinfect” my car at the rail yard due my car shipped out shortly before the closure occurred. I guess they want to ensure my car does not give me the Corona.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

This is what I did with my valve covers, since one of the factory covers had a gouge in it
20180515_164158.jpg
Sponsored