gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered these from Girodisc - thanks for the size confirmation because they weren't sure if it was all one, or three different sizes.
Yea I had the same issue when I originally ordered, they insisted they were 3 different sizes but must be mistaking for another platform. It is absolutely 36mm piston size all around for the PP six piston Brembos.
Sponsored

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
How did you all get the inner seals out? They seam to be a hard plastic that doesn't want to budge.

NM...I figured it out. Better lighting made all the difference for me to se the seal.

Last edited:

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Do the calipers come apart?? I’m looking to getting some used calipers powder coating them and rebuilding them. Are there any instructions?

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That is great news! The calipers are made by Continental, so that is why I wasn't sure that there would be Brembo rebuild parts. I have them on my car and was not looking forward rebuild day!

Thanks.
The base GT calipers are made by continental not the PP he is speaking of. They are brembos... hence the name, cast etchings and part #

MP2733

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I installed these a few days ago, worked perfectly. 36mm for all six pistons.
How did you get the original seals out? Mine are giving me trouble and are ripping in the holes and won’t come out.

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get the original seals out? Mine are giving me trouble and are ripping in the holes and won’t come out.
Same here. I gave up short of torching them out.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
So you were unable to get them out?
The seals came out easily with the curly pic but the dust boots won't come out. they practically shred with any pulling or picking. I want them out because I don't trust the heat from the baking the powder coat to not mess them up.

MP2733

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Same here. I gave up short of torching them out.
So you were unable to get them out
The seals came out easily with the curly pic but the dust boots won't come out. they practically shred with any pulling or picking. I want them out because I don't trust the heat from the baking the powder coat to not mess them up.
By seals, I meant the dust boots. So after all of this time you haven’t come up with a solution to get the remnants out? I’m about to have them powdercoated with the seals in. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
So you were unable to get them out

By seals, I meant the dust boots. So after all of this time you haven’t come up with a solution to get the remnants out? I’m about to have them powdercoated with the seals in. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
If i get a spare minute at work tonight I'll take a torch to it and see. I bought one second hand for $120 so if its ruined I'm not going bankrupt. I'm all in now that I shredded some of the boots.

I posted pics in the thread I started related to this problem if you're interested in seeing the boots.

Sponsored

MP2733

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
If i get a spare minute at work tonight I'll take a torch to it and see. I bought one second hand for $120 so if its ruined I'm not going bankrupt. I'm all in now that I shredded some of the boots.

I posted pics in the thread I started related to this problem if you're interested in seeing the boots.
Yes I saw those pics that why I tried to reach out. Mine did the same. Please let me know how the torch turns out.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I saw those pics that why I tried to reach out. Mine did the same. Please let me know how the torch turns out.
I'll try to video it for comic relief 👨‍🚒🔥
Sponsored