Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
i'm fresh into vegas.

2015 comp orange. just moved from LA

any meets or events coming up?
Hi, welcome to town! There are a lot of car meets here, it seems they are scattered around. Cars and Coffee is at Shelby American every Saturday morning 7-10 a.m. https://www.facebook.com/CarsAndCoffeLV/. Espresso and Exotics is the second Sunday of the month at Boca Park https://www.facebook.com/eecarshow/, and Detail Garage hosts Rides and Coffee on Sunday mornings https://www.facebook.com/DetailGarageLasVegas/. Then there are car club ones, special causes, etc. Anyway, HTH.

Drunk3nLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Anyone interested in meeting up and driving around? I went for a drive up to Mt. Charleston today and it was a good time. Finally figured out how to use line lock, it's pretty crazy. These cars absolutely destroy tires. I tried to take a video, but could only find a rock to prop up my phone and it slipped lol
View media item 16904View media item 16902View media item 16905

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’d be willing to meet up and cruise. I haven’t really done anything in over a year.

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
Me too on the weekends. Haven’t gone to a car meet or anything in damn near 10 years. (Makes me sound old as shit)

I live in the nw

Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Detail Garage on Sahara/Rainbow has Rides & Coffee Sunday mornings 10-1. Big Mopar presence, but they're pretty cool. The Vegas Autofest this Saturday at Red Rock Country Club sounds pretty nice. 400 cars so far,on the fairways. Gaudin Porsche and Ford are sponsors, (along with Jaguar,Barret-Jackson and Towbin) and I believe Mustang Manny is going to have one of his wild builds there.
Funny you say that, it’s only mopars that try to race me. Seems like they are everywhere

Drunk3nLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I haven't either, outside of going to Mustang Week and even then I would just go to the racing events and then drive around. Not much into standing around looking at cars lol I was going to go to Midnight Madness this past Friday, but after reading various comments decided my time would be better spent elsewhere. Real shame there is only one damn dragstrip in this city. How can there be so much open land and no where to race? Would be fun to get a group together in a week or two and cruise.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Anyone interested in meeting up and driving around? I went for a drive up to Mt. Charleston today and it was a good time. Finally figured out how to use line lock, it's pretty crazy. These cars absolutely destroy tires. I tried to take a video, but could only find a rock to prop up my phone and it slipped lol
Those are some nice shots! I haven't been up to Mt Charleston just to *Drive* in awhile, I used to like the road between Lee Canyon and Kyle Canyon. There is another that used to lead to an old radar/weather station that was really fun (used to autocross so tight turns are:rockon:) but it was closed because they made an old BS Camp into a juvenile correction camp.

Funny you say that, it’s only mopars that try to race me. Seems like they are everywhere
Yeah, lol, they are! At least you get Mopars trying to. I get Toyotas, Hondas, Ram trucks, Hyundais. I'm minding my business running errands at my normal slightly above :wink: posted speed, then they try to run me. I imagine they think I'm an EB. (C&D has stock 16 EB and V6 are within a 10th of each other 0-60, 1/4 mi). 99% of the time, I won't play at all, I even slow down. Tho the other night :devil:... Put an end to it.

I hope you all get a chance to do a run, it seems hard for people in this town to get together. I tend to bow out since I don't want to be the kid running behind yelling "wait up!" , lol. TBH if you look back 10 years and compare, there are really no slow S550s. There are, however different levels of fast, from "not bad at all!" up to and including "that is insane"

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are some nice shots! I haven't been up to Mt Charleston just to *Drive* in awhile, I used to like the road between Lee Canyon and Kyle Canyon. There is another that used to lead to an old radar/weather station that was really fun (used to autocross so tight turns are:rockon:) but it was closed because they made an old BS Camp into a juvenile correction camp.

Yeah, lol, they are! At least you get Mopars trying to. I get Toyotas, Hondas, Ram trucks, Hyundais. I'm minding my business running errands at my normal slightly above :wink: posted speed, then they try to run me. I imagine they think I'm an EB. (C&D has stock 16 EB and V6 are within a 10th of each other 0-60, 1/4 mi). 99% of the time, I won't play at all, I even slow down. Tho the other night :devil:... Put an end to it.

I hope you all get a chance to do a run, it seems hard for people in this town to get together. I tend to bow out since I don't want to be the kid running behind yelling "wait up!" , lol. TBH if you look back 10 years and compare, there are really no slow S550s. There are, however different levels of fast, from "not bad at all!" up to and including "that is insane"
I used to be a moderator on forcedinductionlv back in 2007 or so and was the same way even when I was 20 years old. I didn’t understand why we were all going 110mph everywhere. I get having a pull and slowing back down. It was so bad when I started riding motorcycles. Everyone would run from the cops and id pull over. Always let me go.

I couldn’t help myself. The car just came off the dyno (supercharged/e85) and I was on my way home and a black 1320 charger was goating me on the 215. My car has mbrp street exhaust with an added 3” magnaflow hpipe so it seems pretty stock. He seemed confused. On the second run my car blew the tires off and I don’t know which one of us was more scared.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
SSM did have like weekly meets. I was kicked early last year stating some of the members act like 15y/o in daddy’s car and they say that was “detrimental to the car club” but it was really the VP had a personal issue due to a mutual friend.. kids drama in the end. Most of the clue are really good guys but the meets needed a lot of attention. It was racing anywhere we went. (But don’t get caught racing that was grounds for the boot, even though the VP raced anyone in his SC. Stang) people revving every where, doing burn outs, every time we left it was a accident waiting to happen. I only went to 3 cruises and a hand full of the weekly things. Just wasn’t for me. But again most of the guys in there are good people.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike702

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
I stay pretty damn busy but if I had the time I'd be up for a cruise.

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Flew back some 2-1/2 weeks ago from San Francisco. Will probably be here for quite sometime, now, due to the current Rona situation.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
The Gov just signed a shelter-at-home directive. But... recreation is an acceptable reason to leave your home. Yesterday was a beautiful day to cruise past Red Rock. Lots of bicyclists, motorcyclists, convertibles on the road, small clusters of cars at each trailhead. Then another cold front came through. *sigh*

Drunk3nLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
SSM did have like weekly meets. I was kicked early last year stating some of the members act like 15y/o in daddy’s car and they say that was “detrimental to the car club” but it was really the VP had a personal issue due to a mutual friend.. kids drama in the end. Most of the clue are really good guys but the meets needed a lot of attention. It was racing anywhere we went. (But don’t get caught racing that was grounds for the boot, even though the VP raced anyone in his SC. Stang) people revving every where, doing burn outs, every time we left it was a accident waiting to happen. I only went to 3 cruises and a hand full of the weekly things. Just wasn’t for me. But again most of the guys in there are good people.
All I want to do are burnouts lol these last two weeks have been nice for finding quiet spots to enjoy the car. I could get used to this...

Littleredd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT W/PP2