1st Mods on 2020 GT500

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Can someone help me out? Went to order the JLT rock blockers and to ship to Canada they want over three times the price just to ship. Know I would of ordered as it's easier, but almost 40 bucks to ship some foam is a bit much. Can some send me the outline and I can source some foam and make a set?

Thanks

On Edit just want everyone to know I only want to make a temp set so I can drive this home. Here in Canada they put little meteorites on the road in the winter and I don't want any damage to the car. I usually drive to the border multiple times but with the border shut down for nonessential traffic I can't
I simply paid the shipping to Canada because my drive home from the dealer is 1000 miles or 1600 kms. I also had the full car done in PPF and Ceramix to avoid rock damage. After I get it home I will be watching/waiting for someone to release a direct fit (no mods required) set of flaps.

Anyhow, when I get my inserts i'll reach out to you to see if you are still in need of a template.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I got these today, and should get them installed this weekend. These are so good, they should have come from the factory with them.

Steeda Subframe Brace Support System

98A16E5E-0F21-495C-9DC4-DBAC6E13D4BB.jpeg

Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit

AB954BA8-EC60-44FB-AF08-7CAEAEC8BE7F.jpeg

Steeda Subframe Bushing Support System

BBE547C7-EC7C-4EC0-9FC7-66738BAA43CF.jpeg

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I got these today, and should get them installed this weekend. These are so good, they should have come from the factory with them.

Steeda Subframe Brace Support System

98A16E5E-0F21-495C-9DC4-DBAC6E13D4BB.jpeg

Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit

AB954BA8-EC60-44FB-AF08-7CAEAEC8BE7F.jpeg

Is that all included in the subframe? Looking forward to hearing how it feels

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is that all included in the subframe? Looking forward to hearing how it feels
I am a little confused by your question. These are three separate items from Steeda.

The alignment kit centers the subframe perfectly. The four subframe bolts are much smaller than the holes they go through. This means the subframe may be tweaked to one side or the other, or forward, or backwards. These pins take up the space around the bolts, perfectly centering the subframe in place. Best part is now every time that you work on the rear suspension, and lower or drop the subframe, it will go back to the same position every time. Meaning, once you get it aligned, you can drop the subframe if need be, and not have to re-allign the car afterwards.

The bushing support system takes the play out of the subframe bushings, and prevents unwanted movement and wheel hop.

The braces tie the pinch welds to the subframe to stiffen everything up.

The best (and my favorite) thing is, all this happens with ZERO increase in NVH

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I am a little confused by your question. These are three separate items from Steeda.

The alignment kit centers the subframe perfectly. The four subframe bolts are much smaller than the holes they go through. This means the subframe may be tweaked to one side or the other, or forward, or backwards. These pins take up the space around the bolts, perfectly centering the subframe in place. Best part is now every time that you work on the rear suspension, and lower or drop the subframe, it will go back to the same position every time. Meaning, once you get it aligned, you can drop the subframe if need be, and not have to re-allign the car afterwards.

The bushing support system takes the play out of the subframe bushings, and prevents unwanted movement and wheel hop.

The braces tie the pinch welds to the subframe to stiffen everything up.

The best (and my favorite) thing is, all this happens with ZERO increase in NVH
Thanks that answers my poorly worded question

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I think all three of these pieces are included in the Steeda "Stop The Hop - Starter Kit" for $315

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Once again, you get my mind moving, Jaime. We need a "talk" on why these things are gotta haves. :=)

And you were correct, you DO have a bunch of chidt to do this weekend. :-)
If you do any significant "high performance driving" in a GT350 or GT500, the rear end doesn't feel quite as planted as it should be. Its due to all the rubber in the various bushings.
Installing these mods (plus the differential lockout inserts) make the rear feel very solid. If you are just a cruiser, you probably won't notice anything...
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...t-system-urethane-2015-ecoboost-555-4443.html

There are also bushings in the front suspension that need some love as well.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4128-s550-front-control-arm-spherical-bearing-kit
Don't know if these fit the GT500. I have on my GT350

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you do any significant "high performance driving" in a GT350 or GT500, the rear end doesn't feel quite as planted as it should be. Its due to all the rubber in the various bushings.
Installing these mods (plus the differential lockout inserts) make the rear feel very solid. If you are just a cruiser, you probably won't notice anything...
There are also bushings in the front suspension that need some love as well.
I agree completely, I have done all of these things on my last couple cars.

I like to walk the line of improving the cars handling abilities, without worsening the ride. These three pieces, along with the front brace, make a nice difference you can feel without ruining how the car rides.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree completely, I have done all of these things on my last couple cars.

I like to walk the line of improving the cars handling abilities, without worsening the ride. These three pieces, along with the front brace, make a nice difference you can feel without ruining how the car rides.
Check out this video showing how much the rear sub-frame and differential move on the rear of a Mustang:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BTW: I was never able to get the two piece part of this kit to fit on my GT350. That section of the rubber bushing must have a different shape.
I have the same part for my GT500. Haven't tried to install yet to see if I will have the same issue.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
BTW: I was never able to get the two piece part of this kit to fit on my GT350. That section of the rubber bushing must have a different shape.
I have the same part for my GT500. Haven't tried to install yet to see if I will have the same issue.
Its definitely a tight fit on the GT Mustangs. I spent some time getting them in there, and I use a LOT of WD40 to lube the bushings up. I also started with the smaller piece and fed it on an angle. Once mostly in place I slid the bolts threw the longer piece, into the shorter piece, and when tightened, it pulled the two together (if this makes sense over text). Not sure if the GT350 is different, as I have not laid eyes one one, but I would be surprised. I will find out this weekend and update here.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its definitely a tight fit on the GT Mustangs. I spent some time getting them in there, and I use a LOT of WD40 to lube the bushings up. I also started with the smaller piece and fed it on an angle. Once mostly in place I slid the bolts threw the longer piece, into the shorter piece, and when tightened, it pulled the two together (if this makes sense over text). Not sure if the GT350 is different, as I have not laid eyes one one, but I would be surprised. I will find out this weekend and update here.
I understand exactly what you are describing. I think I used a whole can of silicone, etc. Just not the right shape.
Also, for the diff lockout bushings, the left rear is different on both the GT350 and GT500 than what comes in the Steeda Kit. Had to drill out a small chunk to get that piece to fit.

Go Fast !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duncan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor , 2020 GT500
Valentine radar detector with Blend mount . Still in penalty box after surprising wife with car she didn't know was coming