19 w/ PTE NX2 issues

Gaboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB 6mt
New here but I’ve been modding cars since the late 90’s.
I have a 19 eb 6mt with the following mods: PTE nx2 turbo upgrade, Garrett stock location intercooler, full race catless downpipe and exhaust, air raid inlet tube with aem filter, upr breather tank(gutted pcv),1 step colder plugs, turbo smart race port bov with ets hardpipes.
The turbo was installed 1100 miles ago and I proceeded to have an e tune by purple drank tuning. Everything seemed good until recently. I’m now smelling a burning odor from the exhaust and my friend behind me while driving said it smokes bluish white smoke while accelerating, sometimes see a faint haze at idle, and the turbo smart race port bov seems to be blowing a small amount of oil out of it.
Has there been any instances of these turbos failing this soon or am I looking at a ecoboom?
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
New here but I’ve been modding cars since the late 90’s.
I have a 19 eb 6mt with the following mods: PTE nx2 turbo upgrade, Garrett stock location intercooler, full race catless downpipe and exhaust, air raid inlet tube with aem filter, upr breather tank(gutted pcv),1 step colder plugs, turbo smart race port bov with ets hardpipes.
The turbo was installed 1100 miles ago and I proceeded to have an e tune by purple drank tuning. Everything seemed good until recently. I’m now smelling a burning odor from the exhaust and my friend behind me while driving said it smokes bluish white smoke while accelerating, sometimes see a faint haze at idle, and the turbo smart race port bov seems to be blowing a small amount of oil out of it.
Has there been any instances of these turbos failing this soon or am I looking at a ecoboom?

Sounds like what we used to experience years ago when ball bearing turbos became affordable. Back then we didn’t have a clue about the effects of high oil pressure on the seals of those turbos and ended up with the same results you are having, until we discovered that inline restrictors would solve the issue.
Have you contacted PTE or Turbonetics? They had a recall for those turbos a little while back....Mustang P/N 11910 w/ serial numbers prior to T63338. Affected both the mustang version and the RS version.

OP
OP

Gaboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB 6mt
Thanks for the response, I just checked the box and mine is outside of the affected recall range (66895, October 2019)but that definitely doesn’t mean it can’t have an issue. I sent an email to them a couple days ago, I will try calling today as I’m sure the corona thing is affecting everyone lately.
Sponsored