SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I’m struggling to find them in the UK, looks like it might be a $ plus tax purchase ... :frown:

There must be some UK gorilla owners out there who could chime in on longevity :like:

WD :like:
I had Gorilla nuts on my stock wheels and they lasted fairly well. Don't do a lot of miles but had the wheels off regularly to check the spacers. Got aftermarket wheels now with Coyote nuts.
Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
i have: https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla...lge-black-chrome-set-of-20-2015-2020/p/WHLL2/ but got them off amazon, cash back and prime shipping...

sorry i cant speak for longevity, because i just installed mine a week ago, but they look a lot better than the chome stock ones imo..

pardon the filthy car and wheels, its pollen season here, and as soon as you clean it, its dirty again in a matter of hours
MVIMG_20200318_172521.jpg
I bought McGard as I have used them before and they are fine and stand up to a lot of wear and tear from previous experience.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good question...not happy with mine - pictured above (3rd set of black nuts). So i'll be investing in some new ones in the near future. Not 100% sure if I've had any by Gorilla, but I think my first set were - they were fairly cheap (under £50) and the finish did not last well at all.
I went back through my purchase history the other day and found it was the ~$70 Gorilla nuts I first had on the GT. I took them off because after a while the finish just looked naff. Bear in mine it was living outside and I covered a lot of miles (500-1k a month).

Ironically, I would have spent not far off what the FP oem black nuts cost on the 3 crappy sets, so that's what I'll go for next ($180), if they last many years then it's money well spent IMO.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m currently trying to find the best combination of (full) stainless nuts and black plastic covers.

The stainless nuts (not just a thin stainless cover) should last forever and the covers should provide the blend in aesthetics which most people with black wheels seem to be looking for. Full package price should be cheap compared to other options and the covers could be cheaply replaced if / when they start to age or get lost etc.

Im not in any great rush at the moment (my cars delayed), but I have started my investigations - hence why I was asking the OD of the standard nut :like:

I do like the FP nuts though ... :sunglasses:

WD :like:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i had a black nissan 350, with black wheels and black wheel nuts. Too much black for me lol but I do like the idea of covers so might see if there are er silver covers about though tbh with stock nuts I suspect they'll last awhile

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the FP nuts, so fingers crossed they are as good as the price tag suggests they are! no idea when I'll be able to put them on, but I'll be sure to post some photos when they arrive

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the FP nuts, so fingers crossed they are as good as the price tag suggests they are! no idea when I'll be able to put them on, but I'll be sure to post some photos when they arrive
Hi Kristian i will be very interested in what you think as i nearly pulled the pin on buying these but the price put me off and they looked like they were just a black 2 piece copy of the oem nuts i.e. they could still have the same swelling problem too. I opted for McGard black nuts which i had used before on my Falcon GT and they were excellent.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for...fedex arrived this morning

Nuts are in 4 individual boxes of 5 nuts, so well packaged. First impression is that they are obviously of high quality, the paint looks really durable. Although the finish isn't as black and glossy as the wheels are I would say, but then I'm looking at them in a different light so may match up well against the actual wheels. Most importantly they have the stock bulge shape so will fill the holes as per the stock nuts and cover the missing ring of paint around the bolt holes.

IMG_6828.jpg
IMG_6827.jpg
IMG_6824.jpg
IMG_6825.jpg
IMG_6826.jpg

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The plastic caps do look good to be fair, better than some of the cheapo nuts i’ve had

someone sent me photos of the FP nuts installed, it’s a tiny detail but one i notice and appreciate.

6669683D-2FC7-4C55-9402-9BAC556EE5D4.jpeg
0A7249F1-8C69-4232-A8C5-96492867D062.jpeg

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
The plastic caps do look good to be fair, better than some of the cheapo nuts i’ve had

someone sent me photos of the FP nuts installed, it’s a tiny detail but one i notice and appreciate.

6669683D-2FC7-4C55-9402-9BAC556EE5D4.jpeg
0A7249F1-8C69-4232-A8C5-96492867D062.jpeg
They do look good but so do the originals until they distort , that what worried me about buying these , they just look like black original type nuts with a black albeit nice finish, but are they 2 piece and will they eventually suffer the same fate as original nuts. At least with the Mcgards they are 22mm one solid piece nut with a triple black coating not a cap like the originals.
Sponsored