Sponsored

Dual Active Exhaust - Black Tips anyone?

OP
OP
Dabitz

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Still not received them.
I just called AM and they said they won’t ship till 4/6 ...even though it said “ in stock” when I ordered as it does today .
Another reason I hardly ever order from them these days .

I will wait and see but don’t see any other options right now anyway .
That sucks. I asked AM via chat to confirm these fit the 2019 GT WITH active exhaust and they had no idea. The web page clearly says it fits but I have my doubts.

They sent me the contact page for the manufacturer's and I sent them an email to confirm. https://xforceusa.com/contact-us/

I learned my lesson about paying extra for express shipping with AM. They very often lists items as ready to ship, you pay extra for express shipping but it actually takes a while to go out. So if today it's Monday and it says "get it by Wednesday" it's total BS.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
That sucks. I asked AM via chat to confirm these fit the 2019 GT WITH active exhaust and they had no idea. The web page clearly says it fits but I have my doubts.

They sent me the contact page for the manufacturer's and I sent them an email to confirm. https://xforceusa.com/contact-us/

I learned my lesson about paying extra for express shipping with AM. They very often lists items as ready to ship, you pay extra for express shipping but it actually takes a while to go out. So if today it's Monday and it says "get it by Wednesday" it's total BS.
Yeah
I hardly ever order from them these days .
Years ago they were the “go to “ guys but it’s little stuff like this that gives them a bad name .

Were you able to confirm with the manufacturer if they fit the active exhaust .?

OP
OP
Dabitz

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah
I hardly ever order from them these days .
Years ago they were the “go to “ guys but it’s little stuff like this that gives them a bad name .

Were you able to confirm with the manufacturer if they fit the active exhaust .?
I just sent the email today. I will update as soon as I hear from them.

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
When I had my exhaust off for the h pipe install, I painted my tips gloss black. I used rustoleum high temp rattle can paints, a self etching primer,gloss black base, and clear coat finish. I'm content with the out come.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
When I had my exhaust off for the h pipe install, I painted my tips gloss black. I used rustoleum high temp rattle can paints, a self etching primer,gloss black base, and clear coat finish. I'm content with the out come.
Pics or it didn't happen. :wink:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'll have to take some pictures when the sun comes out. Its sitting in the garage under a cover waiting for spring at the moment.
No worries. Want to see how yours turned out because I was thinking of doing the same.

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
No worries. Want to see how yours turned out because I was thinking of doing the same.
I should be able to get some pictures posted in the next few days. It looks like the weather and my schedule are going to line up.

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
Ok, so I took a few quick cellphone pics when I got home from work. The exhaust tips are dusty, and it is over cast. So they appear matte black. Some photos , light is reflecting off certain areas, giving the impression the black doesnt cover the whole tip. When clean, in the sun , they are glossy black , and look good. I took a shot under the car, so you can see how far back on the muffler I painted. I just covered the portion you can see from the rear, not the entire muffler.
20200311_175059.jpg
20200311_174850.jpg
20200311_152635.jpg
20200311_152613.jpg
20200311_152603.jpg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Ok, so I took a few quick cellphone pics when I got home from work. The exhaust tips are dusty, and it is over cast. So they appear matte black. Some photos , light is reflecting off certain areas, giving the impression the black doesnt cover the whole tip. When clean, in the sun , they are glossy black , and look good. I took a shot under the car, so you can see how far back on the muffler I painted. I just covered the portion you can see from the rear, not the entire muffler.
20200311_175059.jpg
20200311_174850.jpg
20200311_152635.jpg
20200311_152613.jpg
20200311_152603.jpg
Nice job! A much better and finished look than the bare metal. I like it enough to do it to my car. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Still not received them.
I just called AM and they said they won’t ship till 4/6 ...even though it said “ in stock” when I ordered as it does today .
Another reason I hardly ever order from them these days .

I will wait and see but don’t see any other options right now anyway .
Please update when you get them

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've sent in questions to AM about fitment as well and no response. Curious to see when yours show up.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Just did the same thing while I had the mufflers off before returning to stock from axle-backs. Clean with acetone, scuff with scotch-brite, 3 coats of high temp gloss black engine paint. Can't wait to see how they look on the car, just waiting for clamps to get here so I can bolt them back on.

IMG_2530.JPG

OP
OP
Dabitz

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Wow, it's been a year and I still don't have black tips :giggle:. I can't justify spending $2.3K on the Corsa Extreme because it sounds so good just without resonators and Steeda h-pipe. I rather spend that money on wheels.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Wow, it's been a year and I still don't have black tips :giggle:. I can't justify spending $2.3K on the Corsa Extreme because it sounds so good just without resonators and Steeda h-pipe. I rather spend that money on wheels.
What happened to the AM order?
Sponsored