Makes my old 1.2l yaris seem super sonic with them times hahahaha

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ah, those were the days, when you could advertise a car by making a virtue of how fast it goes! Do that now and you'd be in prison for ever....

Last edited:

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Something like this?
Dolomite Sprint Ad 0-court.jpg

They were the days.
Ha! Excellent. I never liked Triumphs before, but now I want one. Maybe they should come with something to help them avoid detection, like a radar jammer.... oh, but wait...that's prison forever again isn't it?

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Ha! Excellent. I never liked Triumphs before, but now I want one. Maybe they should come with something to help them avoid detection, like a radar jammer.... oh, but wait...that's prison forever again isn't it?
I wouldn't worry, we're all in prison now!
:crazy:

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ha, great stuff.

Iā€™m rather liking Officer Plods Jag in that ad. Of course it would need to a Broadspeed V12 coupe...

upload_2020-4-9_9-26-29.jpeg

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I also rather like the look of the TR7 rally cars which were originally fitted with a highly tuned version of the Dolly Sprint 16valve engine before the Rover V8.

The Dolomite always seemed a bit dull and old fashioned to me, so taking itā€™s cutting edge engine and putting it into a ā€˜modernā€™ car was appealing.

Of course both the Dolly and TR7 were absolute piles of unreliable junk even back in the day, let alone today as a 50 year old antique.

Iā€™ll stick with muscle cars thanks (even though mines not turned a wheel all week)

upload_2020-4-9_18-34-1.jpeg

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Whilst still mulling over classic cars and the Dolomite, a bit of old school trivia...

TV cop show ā€˜the professionalsā€™ was better known for Capris and an RS2000, but in the early episodes the cops drove a Dolly sprint.

Probably changed to Fords when the Dollyā€™s head gasket blew. again.....

Must be the Corona virus but Iā€™m warming to some of the classics in that original ad...
BE433539-2CEA-4ED9-8B3A-2DE49604F88C.png

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The professionals used BL cars in the first series but they were always breaking down and there was no continuity so they went to Ford.

Last episodes had the silver and gold 3.0 Capri's and the blue Granada 2.8 Ghia. The blue Granada is gone (was missed from crushing by a day apparently) but the Capris are all safe and worth a fortune. There were all sorts of continuity errors with registrations etc but just reflected the generally shambolic filming at the time.

If your life has reached it's nadir there is loads of info here http://www.mark-1.co.uk/Professionals/

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The professionals used BL cars in the first series but they were always breaking down and there was no continuity so they went to Ford.
Yeah, I think the picture in the ad is misleading the cop hasn't pulled the Dolomite over, I think they've actually both broken down and are waiting for the AA's low-loader...

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yeah, I think the picture in the ad is misleading the cop hasn't pulled the Dolomite over, I think they've actually both broken down and are waiting for the AA's low-loader...
That did actually make me laugh!
:crackup:
Sponsored