2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
Yes it can purchased at auto parts stores. But found it cheaper here: Liqui-Moly Cera Tec Motor Oil Additive (300 ML) - 2 Pack
Comes out to about $18.60 per bottle
From reading Liqui-Moly states that during the initial oil change you do not need to add more on subsequent oil changes for until 50,000 kilometers? I'm not convinced. I'm going to do my oil changes every other with the Cera Tec adding only three times for my engine life. 1. 2,000 mi., 2. 10,000 mi., and 3. 30,000 mi. First oil change around 2,000 miles will switch to the track oil, 5W-30 synthetic blend. Then at 50,000 mi I will switch to full synthetic 5W-30. I think this will be sufficient since the car will not get heavy use. It will be my weekend car, some days work car, and show car for 7 months out of the year.

I'm still a bit leery on additives in the oil. I was reading in the manual pg. 237 Maintenance: "Do not use supplemental engine oil additives because they are unnecessary and could lead to engine damage that may not be covered by the vehicle Warranty."

What do you think?

OP
OP
el-guapin

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
From reading Liqui-Moly states that during the initial oil change you do not need to add more on subsequent oil changes for until 50,000 kilometers? I'm not convinced. I'm going to do my oil changes every other with the Cera Tec adding only three times for my engine life. 1. 2,000 mi., 2. 10,000 mi., and 3. 30,000 mi. First oil change around 2,000 miles will switch to the track oil, 5W-30 synthetic blend. Then at 50,000 mi I will switch to full synthetic 5W-30. I think this will be sufficient since the car will not get heavy use. It will be my weekend car, some days work car, and show car for 7 months out of the year.

I'm still a bit leery on additives in the oil. I was reading in the manual pg. 237 Maintenance: "Do not use supplemental engine oil additives because they are unnecessary and could lead to engine damage that may not be covered by the vehicle Warranty."

What do you think?
Well, I made my decision to use this product solely on reviews from other Mustang drivers. During my research, I don't think I saw a single negative review. I have no complaints So far. The only thing I did different is added one bottle as supposed to the recommended two.

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
Well, I made my decision to use this product solely on reviews from other Mustang drivers. During my research, I don't think I saw a single negative review. I have no complaints So far. The only thing I did different is added one bottle as supposed to the recommended two.
So 10 quarts of oil and 1 bottle of ceratec? I saw a post in the PNW section that a user took his car to the dealer for oil change and they only put 8 quarts in.

Sponsored

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
So 10 quarts of oil and 1 bottle of ceratec? I saw a post in the PNW section that a user took his car to the dealer for oil change and they only put 8 quarts in.
I put in 1 bottle to my new vehicle last week. It had 200 mi. I'm doing 1 bottle like el-guapin. Ceratec says 1 bottle up to 5 litre is sufficient. That is a little over 5 quarts. So, 2 bottles at most for the 5.0 engine wouldn't hurt!

OP
OP
el-guapin

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Update time!... 2250 miles on the odometer. Installed these today.....
upload_2020-4-1_18-12-30.jpeg

upload_2020-4-1_18-20-0.jpeg

The swap was very easy. Took about 45 minutes both sides. That was with me taking my time. I even cleaned out the calipers and both front wheels!. Went on a ride to complete the bedding process. Initial bite is not to different than stock. Then again I do not track the car. But I’m very happy with the results. After about an hour drive, there was almost no brake dust!!.
Sponsored