MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Does the regular GT350 scrape on the road and curbs as much as a R? I notice the regular has 35 tires compared to the R's 30's. Those of you that daily drive a regular one with Recaros, how does it feel as a daily I'm assuming you drive it rain, sleet or snow and everyday at all time.
Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I scrape my non-R on entrances where the road is crowned or there is a quick change in road angle. I'm careful, but it happens about once a month.

No issues in the rain (daily driver), but can't tell you about snow or sleet - we don't have that in Florida.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I would guess (I have a regular 350) the R might scrape a bit easier because corners of R front splitter stick out further and 30 series tires would lower it very slightly. But even the regular 350 requires that I plan out my drives in advance to avoid entrances with a significant dip, grade change or large speed bumps. I tried to get into a parking deck once with a steep entry drive by taking it at an acute angle. That worked OK but when I really got it twisted around it unloaded the right side rear tire to where I couldn't move and the locking differential was making all kinds of grinding and clunking noise. Finally had to back out and look for another entrance.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I had a 2018 GT350, now a 2019 GT350R. The R scrapes more often due to it being lower and longer front splitter. However the 2018 GT350 scrapes on plenty too including speed bumps that are tall. I can't say I plan my drives any differently for either. You just get used to watching for opportunities to avoid the scraping.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Great looking piece, but it costs more than a new splitter, no?
gt350r splitter retails at 1k. Base model splitters are more affordable.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I’m sure that’s down to them ether not being experts on our cars or just offering a kit for people who don’t want to change their factory splitter.
Probably the former. Changing the factory splitter is like changing tires. Ford considers it a consumable.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Probably the former. Changing the factory splitter is like changing tires. Ford considers it a consumable.
they are consumable, but I’m still on my first. Probably will never have to change mine with the scrape armor installed. And I’m almost at 11k.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
they are consumable, but I’m still on my first. Probably will never have to change mine with the scrape armor installed. And I’m almost at 11k.
Wish I could say that- at least with my first GT350. Wasn't terrible, but changed it before I sold it; now I have an extra (un)terrible one for the current car. For a non-R, was definitely cheaper to get a new one from AN White Bear Lake than scrape armor would have been. I learned, so I consider it tuition :).

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Wish I could say that- at least with my first GT350. Wasn't terrible, but changed it before I sold it; now I have an extra (un)terrible one for the current car. For a non-R, was definitely cheaper to get a new one from AN White Bear Lake than scrape armor would have been. I learned, so I consider it tuition :).
My R is the lowest car hat I’ve ever had, with the length of the splitter and the low ride height, I have map out where I go. Even need race ramps to get in and out of my driveway, but even with all of that there are still times it will scrape. I was on the road to replacing it and then they released the kit. It’s halted any further damage. For me it’s a must have just like ClearPlex in the windshield.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
This exactly I never lower my S4 and purchased GT350 instead of R. I want to ride my car everywhere I want instead of babysitting it. That being said, even GT350 got scratched on the roads especially when crossing intersections with uneven roads and when go around corners, not to mention bumps. You have to be constantly aware of these things on the road. Can't imaging lower R models.