Sponsored

AM or LMR which website do you use

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
You're comparing a retail customer to a retailer. AM and LMR are buying tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars of Steeda product, paying to warehouse the product and spending their own money to advertise and promote that product. They are using their own labor and capital to make installation videos to help people feel comfortable purchasing Steeda's products then providing warranty support when things go wrong. They are making an investment in Steeda to help Steeda succeed with the hope that by growing and supporting the Steeda brand, they will generate sales for themselves as well

A Steeda rep telling customers to skip purchasing from their retailers, after these companies have made a large investment to support the Steeda brand is shady to me.
So a company that manufactures parts should solely rely on others to sell their parts and not try and also sell themselves? That doesn't make any sense, or cents as the case may be.
Sponsored

2018whipplegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt
I buy my Steeda parts through Beefcake Racing in Cincinnati OH, he has the same or better prices on Steeda than the Steeda Website plus you get free shipping. Been very happy with the process.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
That's exactly what I do also. They're all good companies, but a buck is a buck.
I have never purchased from any of the companies mentioned so far.
Shopping smart is always wise but if it all boils down to cheapest price and a buck is a buck mentality you will likely end up spending more for your cheaper priced mail order widget in the end. My time and energy is more valuable than a bad experience and saving a buck.
Find a good vender or oem and stick with them.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Being from Canada I'll buy from whom ever can get the product to my door without paying the ridiculous broker fees. I have bought from Steeda and crossed the border to take advantage of free shipping and the gas/time involved still beats the UPS brokerage charges. I have also bought from AM which came straight to my door with all billing included. Haven't tried LMR yet.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
It depends on what I am buying. If it's Steeda parts I buy from Steeda. Even with sales tax they are pretty competitive with a code and I try to buy locally grown. :wink:
Other than that it's who has the best price + shipping.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Either is fine, if best price, sometimes can get good deals thru from jegs, summit, etc. also some direct companies like steeda. Sometimes some of these sellers have better deals via ebay.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'd be glad to help anyone out. Hit me up with anything. I can also normally get stuff not on my website also. Its always a work in progress. Teambeefcakeracing.com

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I've ordered with AM, LMR, etc. My favorites to deal with have always been Hypermotive and Beefcake.

Whatever you do, don't order from Marylandspeed.

D98gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maddox
Vehicle(s)
I have probably spent 15-18k easily with @beefcake between my last two coyotes and he has ALWAYS answered and helped me out on Facebook during "off hours" even. Even recently when I had an issue with a defective part that I was able to work out with Whipple, he advised he would take care of me if they weren't helping. That type of connection/availability is hard to come by. Heck... I might message him about two wheels that I am needing right now due to this thread haha

For my 18 I have also ordered straight from steeda and picked my BMR parts up from American Muscle. In-state tax keeps me from ordering a lot from LMR :(

Sponsored

DCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually taken apart.
So a company that manufactures parts should solely rely on others to sell their parts and not try and also sell themselves? That doesn't make any sense, or cents as the case may be.
I think its very much the other way around. A healthy dealer network increases your products availability, available inventory, points of sale, as well as increases product awareness by offering more advertising in markets that the manufacturer may not have exposure or credibility in. A manufacture may be able to attend a big show a weekend but their dealers can attend dozens of events the same day. You can publish thousands of flyers and send them to your customer list but you will never reach as diverse of a customer base as getting your product in the Jegs' catalog. Thats what a dealer network will do.

Think about it, why would a retailer invest product research, inventory, advertising, tech support and warranty assistance into a brand that is trying to cut them out of the process?

vtchopperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2002 Roush Stage 2
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the TPMS sensors I got from them, while they work read well, they only last about 30-45m before they start dropping off and giving me TPMS Offline errors on 3 of the 4 wheels. They'll come back maybe an hour later; or if I leave the car off for a while. Suspect they sat on the shelf too long and the batteries are low. Not worth the trouble to swap them out; so until they either stop working entirely or I wear this set of tires out...I'll deal.
Did this ever get worked out?? I had some wheels/tires come in from AM about 3 weeks ago. The sensors auto synced on the first start up after install and have been fine just driving around town. I went on a cruise today on some back roads going around 65-70mph and after about 30 minutes I get the TPMS fault error, and ALL positions show "---" so it's like the TPMS system itself dropped the connection. I highly doubt they all went offline at the exact same time...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Did this ever get worked out?? I had some wheels/tires come in from AM about 3 weeks ago. The sensors auto synced on the first start up after install and have been fine just driving around town. I went on a cruise today on some back roads going around 65-70mph and after about 30 minutes I get the TPMS fault error, and ALL positions show "---" so it's like the TPMS system itself dropped the connection. I highly doubt they all went offline at the exact same time...
If you store your old wheels & tires close enough to the car, your car may still be reading them instead. After 20 or 30 miles when they can't pick the old ones up any more is when you get the fault.

Norm

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dealt with AM a few years ago... bought a few items from them, but when it came time to return something for not being at all as advertised on their website, it took over 3 months to get a full refund. I sent the item back the day I received it... and when they got it, they only refunded me a portion of what was paid. Calling them resulted in an endless game of pass the buck... It ultimately took me calling them out on Facebook and emailing management to get any action. All that over $250. I'll never deal with them again.
Sponsored