2020 GT350R vs C8 Track

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
And not only are they different cars for a different market, for me the back of the Vette is strange looking.
I was so excited about a new vette', but to me, I dislike the looks. It's too....big 80's hair or something. I don't like the front, I don't like the row of buttons between the seats, I don't like much of anything

I am very impressed with it's camera, front bumper lift, and performance but I just don't find it all that good looking. It's cool, but not for me
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Well known and documented in other places and confirmed by Ford personnel
Found the article. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/sibling-rivalry-comparing-2019-gt350-gt350r/

"Unreported until now is the fact that the ABS changes also made it into the new 2019 GT350R. Thompson adds, "We did in fact change the ABS calibrations for the 2019 GT350R. While the rest of the changes are not as comprehensive as they are in the base GT350, we didn't go back after the MagneRide or make updates to the other systems, because frankly, the car doesn't need it. There may be a little more comprehensive stuff coming, potentially. That car doesn't have the magnitude of the updates because we don't have the parts change."

Since the GT350R's release in 2015, it has stayed mostly the same. However, that will change for 2020, as Schembari stated, "The GT350R will get a product update for 2020. We'll have a product refresh in 2020 that the GT350 [base] won't get. Different parts for different vehicles. The GT350R will get an update for 2020; the GT350 base got it's [update] for 2019." So next year there will be a more venomous GT350R, however, they haven't gone public with any specifics."

@PP0001 you'll likely find this interesting.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Found the article. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/sibling-rivalry-comparing-2019-gt350-gt350r/

"Unreported until now is the fact that the ABS changes also made it into the new 2019 GT350R. Thompson adds, "We did in fact change the ABS calibrations for the 2019 GT350R. While the rest of the changes are not as comprehensive as they are in the base GT350, we didn't go back after the MagneRide or make updates to the other systems, because frankly, the car doesn't need it. There may be a little more comprehensive stuff coming, potentially. That car doesn't have the magnitude of the updates because we don't have the parts change."

Since the GT350R's release in 2015, it has stayed mostly the same. However, that will change for 2020, as Schembari stated, "The GT350R will get a product update for 2020. We'll have a product refresh in 2020 that the GT350 [base] won't get. Different parts for different vehicles. The GT350R will get an update for 2020; the GT350 base got it's [update] for 2019." So next year there will be a more venomous GT350R, however, they haven't gone public with any specifics."

@PP0001 you'll likely find this interesting.
Thanks for posting this very informative article some of which I already new and some which I did not know therefore found this article a very interesting read.

I was aware that the Cup 2 tires on each GT350 model did have quite different tire compounds as that was spelled out early on and that the R model tires had a lower treadwear rating thus a higher grip than the GT350 cars.

With respect to ride height I recall putting my 2015 GT350 Track Pack car right beside my 2017 Base R and measured the ride height and if I recall correctly the ride height of the 2015 was ~1" higher than my 2017 R model and attributed that to the different suspension (shorter springs) on the R but not realize that the overall ride height of the R model tires are 10mm shorter as well which allows for a bit quicker acceleration and of course less top end.

It was also good to learn that the 2019 R model got changes to the ABS calibrations which I was not aware of.

Also what I really liked about this article was the proposed product updates for the 2020 R that the 2020 Base GT350 will not get.

I will start looking into what those potent updates include for the new 2020 GT350R one of which would certainly be the new steering rack from the GT500?

Also it was very interesting to read that new 2020 R which comes with all of the standard features of the old "Electronics Package" R's will be pretty much just as quick my 2018 Base R model around a road course despite my 2018 R coming in at just 3620#.

As soon as I receive my 2020 R I will be heading to the scales and see what she comes in at in order to compare the weight difference between the two cars in spite of the many improved aspects of the 2020 R.

Thanks for posting this cool information!

:clap::clap:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Speed Phenom has a C8 on order. I’m sure he’ll have a comparison video between the gt350R, gt500, and C8 as soon as he takes delivery.
Here's his video taking delivery at the Corvette Museum (that's an option when you order a Corvette. For Z06 there's also an option to assist in building the engine)

He and the guy (Stacy) walking him through the features do a really nice job demonstrating a lot of the functionality. Only thing I think they missed is the camera mirror.

OP
OP
WesS

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Here's his video taking delivery at the Corvette Museum (that's an option when you order a Corvette. For Z06 there's also an option to assist in building the engine)

He and the guy (Stacy) walking him through the features do a really nice job demonstrating a lot of the functionality. Only thing I think they missed is the camera mirror.

Yea I would like to see 350 or R stock vs stock C8 and see what would happen.
Sponsored