Ford confirms factory shut down

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
All North America plants shut until March 30 (GM also). Sorry for those of you with a GT350 on order or in progress. Hopefully it will not be extended.
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
All North America plants shut until March 30 (GM also). Sorry for those of you with a GT350 on order or in progress. Hopefully it will not be extended.
All three domestics for that matter. I just haven't seen the "official" FCA release yet. Also Honda. I expect Toyota and Nissan to weigh in soon. Toyota and BMW have already announced shutting down all operations in EU, UK, and in BMW's case, South Africa.

Ford COVID-19 statement.JPG
GM COVID-19 Press Release.JPG

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Probably for the best , we can see what the country looks like at the end of the month.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
March 24, 2020

More
(REUTERS) - FORD MOTOR Co said on Tuesday it does not plan to restart production at its manufacturing plants in the United States, Canada and Mexico on March 30, as was originally planned.

The No.2 U.S. automaker said it was reassessing the timing of resuming production.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
It sounds like Ford is doing the right thing to protect the workers by cleaning and disinfecting their plants. If Ford provides their employees with PPE such as rubber gloves ,face masks, and face shields they should be able to provide as safe an environment as the rest of us who work in potentially hazardous areas. Now that Ford is making face shields for the medical care industry , they should be able to provide face shields for their employees too. Full face shield use has kept me safe for years. It is amazing how must spit is emitted from the mouth when a person is just talking. The inside of my face shield is great evidence of that. The use of a face shield prevents other peoples spit from getting virus in the eyes,mouth, and nose. I have talked face to face with coworkers who had a bad cold or flu and not gotten the cold or flu since I started wearing a face shield.
Sponsored