Sponsored

List a time when your Mustang really came through for you

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I recently had the power pack 2 put on my 2015 GT and during the same weekend brand new all season performance tires. I have really enjoyed the boost from 3K to 4K and continue to enjoy my Roush axel back + x pipe. Anyway during the entire winter I have had to baby the throttle due to worn out summer only tires that would spin any time for any reason. I have started to grow confident in the grip of the new tires and this weekend I was coming up to an intersection with air temps above 70 and the light turned yellow. This was a last chance type yellow meaning go all out or hit the brakes. I decided to drop the hammer and even though I was in drive in normal mode the car did not let me down. It immediately shifted to the right gear which was probably second and the sound was much louder and higher pitched than even I expected. The back end started to swing around and I was kind of shocked that it did considering the new tires. I gently let off a bit just past the intersection and went on my way, but I was very pleased.

What has your car done recently to pleasantly surprise you?
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS4krS6DunIjlM-VBmfhkdWDxyOFeAza36eZfpcHZu8fSgIBual&usqp=CAU.jpg

Deleted member 35644

Just a lowly Ecoboost with factory tires, but boy did it ever come through for me a few months ago. 80mph on the George Bush Tollway, and I encountered a folded 6' ladder in my lane. I was already aware that there was nobody to my right, so I jerked the wheel and missed the ladder by maybe a foot with my left front tire. The car clawed for traction as it veered right, I entered a small left correction to center myself in the lane, and the car composed itself very quickly. I didn't brake, which was probably good. I was actually shocked the rear didn't try to come around. Maybe it only does that with throttle. A few cars in my past couldn't have handled that maneuver. I'm impressed with Ford's suspension setup on this car.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
A time my Mustang came through... Pretty much at least once a week on an on-ramp that requires mucho acceleration because there's a car beside you or someone won't let you over. Although the lockdown from the 'Rona has helped with that too!

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I recently had the power pack 2 put on my 2015 GT and during the same weekend brand new all season performance tires.

The back end started to swing around and I was kind of shocked that it did considering the new tires. I gently let off a bit just past the intersection and went on my way, but I was very pleased.
No surprises there. Brand-new tires typically still have some of the mold release agent on or embedded in the tread, which makes them less grippy than you would otherwise expect. There may be other effects as well.

There's a reason car owner manuals these days specifically mention a few hundred mile "break in" period for new tires (whether on a brand new car or as replacement tires). Believe it, even if you don't want to take my word for it.

Norm

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Both times were at the track. One was a wet Sonoma raceway when I was throttling up on turn 3 and grip was just not there. The angle
of entry was waaaay to aggressive so I turned in and eased up on the throttle. This saved me a date with the concrete barrier.

The other was a much warmer day and the RE-71R's were gripping and helped me catch up to and execute a pass on a McLaren 570S

Sponsored