2020 GT500 Unscheduled/Material Hold or Clean Registry

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500(July 8 birthday), 2021 Ranger Tremor
Finch, congrats. Think that is a record for a VIN. Ordered in Feb and VIN in March!
I Ordered in August and am VINless.
Sorry to hear that. I was very skeptical about mine until I got an email from FP with this info then double checked with my dealer and got the VIN. Lord knows when I might get to see her. Probably not till late summer at the earliest with the way things are going with this virus.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Sorry to hear that. I was very skeptical about mine until I got an email from FP with this info then double checked with my dealer and got the VIN. Lord knows when I might get to see her. Probably not till late summer at the earliest with the way things are going with this virus.
I hope you do better than late summer or the rest of us will not see until October or ever

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Once Ford figures out how to protect their employees and the Covid19 infection rate slows down, Ford most likely will try very hard to produce the backlog of ordered Mustangs. Maybe Ford can restart production in mid April.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Maybe Ford can restart production in mid April.
I'm afraid that is pretty much an impossibility with the guidelines upping the ante and, being extended until the end of the month.

Sponsored

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
My guess is they will make all 5k gt500s and short run of non-shelby mustangs based simply on revenue and profits..

Or they need to hire smarter ppl.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking that while the margin on a Shelby is greater than on an EB or GT, I believe the economies of scale come into play once you get up to numbers like 70k.

Slimmer margin but the multiplier is greater so, the profit is greater or at least that's what my cogitatin' tells me. :-)

As for them actually building five thousand 2020 GT-500's, I wouldn't give someone better than ten to one odds.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
I'm thinking that while the margin on a Shelby is greater than on an EB or GT, I believe the economies of scale come into play once you get up to numbers like 70k.

Slimmer margin but the multiplier is greater so, the profit is greater or at least that's what my cogitatin' tells me. :-)

As for them actually building five thousand 2020 GT-500's, I wouldn't give someone better than ten to one odds.
Good reasoning kb, but i gotta think if ford has just say 20 days left for MY20 mustangs... which just say equates to 4k units be it shelby or ecoboost... they would make all ecoboost??

Again my back of napkin math may be off but who knows

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
W&C: In the case of a fixed number of vehicles, no, you are quite correct. I just presumed that they could build EB's a whole lot faster than 500's. They sure took their good ol' time building mine, as in months, and I'm sure an EB gets built much quicker than that.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
W&C: In the case of a fixed number of vehicles, no, you are quite correct. I just presumed that they could build EB's a whole lot faster than 500's. They sure took their good ol' time building mine, as in months, and I'm sure an EB gets built much quicker than that.
KB, about your newest avatar....

Are you sure she's at least 18?

43874 (10).jpg

Sponsored

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
She's gone now and I THINK the current model is old enough, whaddaya think? :-)
I’m thinking quite old enough
Sponsored