poppyseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
RTR Celebrates 10th Anniversary With 750-Horsepower Mustang Spec 5
The widebody Mustang of your dreams.
Chris Okula

If you want to purchase a more powerful Mustang, you’re spoiled for choice. Companies like Roush, Shelby, and even Ford have been offering more powerful Mustang options for decades. In 2010 a small company called RTR exploded on to the Mustang performance scene offering their unique take on a factory performance Mustang. Today RTR celebrates its tenth anniversary and has partnered with the team at Lebanannon Ford to offer the wildest road-going Mustangs you can buy from a dealership.

RTR was founded by professional Formula D driver Vaughn Gitten Jr. who brings fun to Mustang performance. RTR stands for, “ready to rock”, which means Vaughn’s Mustangs are ready for anything. These high-performance Mustangs aren’t focused on drifting or laying down lap times, although they are more than capable, instead, it’s all about the driving experience.

To celebrate ten years of RTR, Vaugh partnered with Lebanon Ford to bring a limit run of ten RTR Spec 5’s to a select group of buyers. RTR currently offers three levels of RTR Mustangs that you can purchase at dealerships across the country but the Spec 5 takes things to a new level.

rtr-celebrates-10th-anniversary-with-750-horsepower-mustang-spec-5.jpg

In the RTR performance hierarchy the RTR Spec 1 is all cosmetic enhancements, Spec 2 adds a complete suspension system to the Spec1’s exterior treatments, and finally, the Spec 3 adds a Ford Performance supercharger good for 700 horsepower and 610 lb-ft of torque.

The Spec 5 builds on the RTR Spec 3 adding a Ford Performance Phase 2 Supercharger kit good for 750 horsepower. To cope with this additional power, RTR beefed up the drivetrain to handle the additional power reliably. On the exterior, the Spec 5 includes a widebody kit based on Vaugh’s drift car which gives this Mustang an unmistakable presence.

Lebanon Ford will only build ten of these limited cars. To build your spec 5 be prepared to pay $50,000 on top of the price of your Mustang. This leads to pricing around $85,000 for a modestly equipped Mustang GT.

Mustang RTR Spec 5 10th Anniversary.jpg

Mustang RTR Spec 5.jpg
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Maybe I'm weird, but that looks ugly if it's not loaded up with decals.
If one was to wrap it, I think it wouldn’t be bad. Rather have a gt500 for price point.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing really new there but I would like to see the real thing but from what I have seen not for me.

Sponsored

2017Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Is it just me, or with all of the added bulky flair, it kind of looks like a challenger...

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
A little too gaudy for my tastes. I'd be happy with a GT350
:handsinair:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I don't want to be negative, I am sure lots of effort and thought went into this ricer.....but for 85G's I would rather buy anything else.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Not my cup of tea. That's me being polite. I actually think the body kit junk is hideous.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
For the price I’d rather have a GT500

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
My eyes, my eyes !!!! It burns it burns !!!

Hideous to put it nicely.