Sponsored

COVID-19 Question.....................

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Experts argue otherwise. I hope you dont get sick or pass it along to your family based upon your beliefs.
Most things I have read that after 3-4 feet, if someone sneezed, it has fallen. It is not airborne like pollen.
Sponsored

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Most things I have read that after 3-4 feet, if someone sneezed, it has fallen. It is not airborne like pollen.
Lots of misinformation out there. While it isn’t a medical journal maybe some of the non scientific minds would appreciate this more from the great show Mythbusters about how far sneeze particles can travel.The virus is not “ airborne “ but it can be aerosolized and breathed in if you are in close proximity to an infected person. Wash your hands frequently ,clean your phone frequently and especially wash your shoes ( a study showed the most viral particles in a pts room was on health care workers shoes , and stay away from other people period.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
6 feet my ass!

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
6 feet my ass!
I agree, compared to what I have read and what I believe. If someone is coughing, all they will see is assholes and elbows. I'm gone.

I think from now on, flu deaths will be so much lower than 60,000 deaths like last year. People will forever be very careful about being close to strangers.

That is my bright sight of things. We will so many less deaths from now on because of this.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yup. Scary. And what makes it even more alarming is that it comes from a man who does have dictatorial tendencies and who's tried this before.
But on the other hand, if we compare this to what's happening in Romania, it doesn't look that much different. I think the difference is rather a matter of principle and political correctness than anything else. His government will have unlimited powers. But so seems to have ours. I'm not really sure about this, it may be that our government's decisions which regard the state of emergency are subject to approval by the president, but even if it were so it wouldn't make a difference, because our president is mostly useless and will sign off anything. Another critique I read in that article is that he hasn't set an end date to his elevated powers. But neither did the Romanian government and/or president. And even if an end date were announced, what good would that be when it could easily be deferred as many times as desired? Some European countries may have announced a clear, definite end date for the restrictions just to keep the media and the people happy, but everybody knows that's not going to happen (unless they announced three months from now, in which case yes, that might be plausible :D).
So yes, Orban's move does look alarming at first glance, but come to think of it, we're not better off in that respect either. All we can hope is that these elevated powers are used wisely. So far, despite my initial fears, in Romania they seem to be.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Lots of misinformation out there. While it isn’t a medical journal maybe some of the non scientific minds would appreciate this more from the great show Mythbusters about how far sneeze particles can travel.The virus is not “ airborne “ but it can be aerosolized and breathed in if you are in close proximity to an infected person. Wash your hands frequently ,clean your phone frequently and especially wash your shoes ( a study showed the most viral particles in a pts room was on health care workers shoes , and stay away from other people period.
I think the coronavirus people mainly have dry cough and not snot balls flying at 100mph. Regardless, if we would all just stay away from peeps we will all be better off. Public transportation is the worst spreader among strangers. So in big cities/states like New York, New Orleans, LA, New Jersey that have so much of that and living on top of each other most everyone has a very good chance of catching it.

Places like Montana, North Dakota, West Texas where everyone is spread out....not so much.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think the coronavirus people mainly have dry cough and not snot balls flying at 100mph. Regardless, if we would all just stay away from peeps we will all be better off. Public transportation is the worst spreader among strangers. So in big cities/states like New York, New Orleans, LA, New Jersey that have so much of that and living on top of each other most everyone has a very good chance of catching it.

Places like Montana, North Dakota, West Texas where everyone is spread out....not so much.
That was a medical doctor on the front lines fighting the corona virus who posted that.

And I just read an article this morning that the 6' distance isn't really enough. I think the number I read was more like 27'

And the director of the CDC was interviewed and claimed that 1 of 4 infected are asymptomatic and contagious.

I don't think anyone is or has been overestimating anything. I think the problem is that it has been underestimated all along.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That was a medical doctor on the front lines fighting the corona virus who posted that.

And I just read an article this morning that the 6' distance isn't really enough. I think the number I read was more like 27'

And the director of the CDC was interviewed and claimed that 1 of 4 infected are asymptomatic and contagious.

I don't think anyone is or has been overestimating anything. I think the problem is that it has been underestimated all along.
I think it was underestimated. But the problem was not really understood since it is a new animal and hard to estimate at all. No one knows how to kill it or even maime it. But soon, very soon.

Sponsored

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I see that the totally recovered went from 2525 to 5544 just now. That is good news and they need all of the blood sucking out, well leave them a qt, and make plasma and spread the wealth.

I read where one guy was sick on March 12th, a week later his test was positive. A week later again, he was completely healed. He must have some good immune system. People like that need to donate as much as they can because they have something special.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Blazing Saddles scene came to mind immediately during the scoundrel hiring. Headly replies " you said ""alcohol"" twice", reply "I like ""alcohol"".

Somebody needs to ride back into town and get a sh*tload of dimes.
:like::like::crackup::crackup:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No one can say that these girls are not doing their part for social distancing. See how far away the other boat is?

upload_2020-3-31_13-50-5.png
Sponsored