Sponsored

Clutch for Supercharged Daily Driver

sling0516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I have a 2017 GT PP with full exhaust (no cats). I am about to install a VMP Gen3 Supercharger to my car, and I would like to know what clutches are recommended for a daily driver. Currently, I spend equal parts driving in traffic and spirited street driving. I like to roll race occasionally. I’m going to keep street tires on the car. I’m looking to maintain good drivability over raw performance and I would like to avoid any excessive clutch chatter or breaking my transmission. What clutch would be recommended for my application?
Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I don't have the answer, but if you din't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to receive your VMP Gen 3 Kit?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
few of my buddies have a mcleod, not the rxt think its a rst they like it.... and my other buddy has a spec he likes thats as well ive had spec clutches in like 3 cars ive owned and there a nice clutch.... when mine goes ill be going spec as well

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
I`m supercharged and installed the Spec stage 3+ and will never look back. No chatter and feels great.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Wouldn't recommend RXT as there is quite a bit of chatter and hard clamping. I've never used Mantic but I've only heard great things, if my RXT ever goes that's what I'm going to use next.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I got the mcloud RXT and had chatter during break in period. Its a really aggressive clutch for the shit MT-82, I blew my third gear about a month ago but does grab well. Now in the process of getting tremec T-56 Magnum XL

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
I got the mcloud RXT and had chatter during break in period. Its a really aggressive clutch for the shit MT-82, I blew my third gear about a month ago but does grab well. Now in the process of getting tremec T-56 Magnum XL

How many miles did you get out of the RTX before third went?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i heard a lot of people have prob with the rxt,s there to aggressive for a stock mt-82 to handle .. rst would be the best bet, but im going spec next spring always loved spec clutches myself

Sponsored

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
How many miles did you get out of the RTX before third went?
about maybe 1000-1500 haha but it was me slamming gears, last a few good hard shifts. Also it think it's because it was from a launch, from a roll I don't think it would have happened. Did many rolls slamming gears and it was good. Regardless I knew the MT-82 was going to blow any moment. I'm at 700 wheel right now, power might also play a factor, thats why I didn't turn up the boost to 800 wheel.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have a 2017 GT PP with full exhaust (no cats). I am about to install a VMP Gen3 Supercharger to my car, and I would like to know what clutches are recommended for a daily driver. Currently, I spend equal parts driving in traffic and spirited street driving. I like to roll race occasionally. I’m going to keep street tires on the car. I’m looking to maintain good drivability over raw performance and I would like to avoid any excessive clutch chatter or breaking my transmission. What clutch would be recommended for my application?
I recommend going with a McLeod RXT clutch for your car. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...ustang-gt/transmission/clutch-kits-1/mcleod-1

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I will actually be selling my mcloud RXT twin disk clutch with the flywheel and a DSS carbon fiber driveshaft for manual. in the process of swapping the MT-82 for the T-56

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
XClutch, best aftermarket clutch I’ve used and I’ve tried many.
-J
Sponsored